Far From Home Qs you have/ things you liked/disliked about Far From Home [Spoilers]

I know Tony can be somewhat reckless, but handing over a weapon the power of EDITH to Peter after spending the previous films slowly nurturing him until he was ready seems a little far-fetched even for him. It is one of the few issues I had with this film and I guess he kind of had to because the whole plot of the movie depends on it, but it still bugged me. Peter very clearly was not ready for it and Tony would have known that. Plus Peter was dead and only came back right before Tony himself died. What was Tony's plan for it in those five years if something were to happen to him?

I know Tony can be somewhat reckless, but handing over a weapon the power of EDITH to Peter after spending the previous films slowly nurturing him until he was ready seems a little far-fetched even for him. It is one of the few issues I had with this film and I guess he kind of had to because the whole plot of the movie depends on it, but it still bugged me. Peter very clearly was not ready for it and Tony would have known that. Plus Peter was dead and only came back right before Tony himself died. What was Tony's plan for it in those five years if something were to happen to him?

He should've had a contingency plan with one of the Avengers involved. And why couldn't he bequeath EDITH to Rhodey or even Pepper?

Was Mysterio snapped out of existence along with William Riva? Or did they survive the snap? You'd think after such a cataclysmic event they would've had more important things to worry about than carrying on a grudge all these years later.

Also, does Jacob Batalon wear a wig as Ned? Or does he grow his hair for filming? But then he'd have to grow it quickly, but he always seems to have a shaved head in real life.

Quentin Beck shows every sign of being a narcissistic sociopath. Nothing is ever going to be more important to them than their own wants and desires.

He should've had a contingency plan with one of the Avengers involved. And why couldn't he bequeath EDITH to Rhodey or even Pepper?

Well, note, he didn't just hand it straight to Peter. He left it in Fury's possession ( or at least, he left instructions for it to be so managed ). I suspect the idea was, Fury would apply his discretion and judgement for when it was time to hand over to Peter. Of course, since "Fury" in this case was not Fury. . . mistakes were made. It'd hardly be the first time Tony had a good idea that had deep deep flaws.

As an aside, I suspect that the glasses and EDITH were *not* the only technological bequest by Tony Stark. Why did Peter get the glasses rather than Pepper or Rhodey? Because the glasses were specifically for Peter, Pepper and Rhodey got their own pieces of the Stark legacy. Pepper, especially, since I am 99% certain she's the only who manages and controls. . . well, Stark Industries. She doesn't need a pair of magic glasses, she already has super-administrator access. ;)

The movie served as a nice end for Phase 3. It wrapped up the aftermath from Tony's death. Which I'm hoping leads to fewer "Iron-man sucks" villians throughout the MCU.
Mysterio and his crew were fantastic, to the point that I wish Fury and crew really weren't as much of the film.
Pete's still the guy who can't get selfish without something bad happening.
"The Blip" & Aunt May's charity work was a nice light hearted way to acknowledge what happened in EG because that could've gone really dark really fast.
The breaking news at the end was awesome and that cameo was fantastic.

There were still points that things changed in weird ways. Michelle was better. After ripping off the MJ bandaid at the end of HC and a few years of *****ing hearing her called MJ the entire movie wasn't totally awful. It was cringy in the beginning though.
Europe was a weird setting. It wasn't awful but setting this in NYC would've been perfect.
Giving a 16 year old full command of drone strike drones was a bit much. EDITH could've been dialed back a little.
Fury (even knowing the reveal) was weird. They still haven't really established what he's been up to since Ultron.

In any case that video posted elsewhere about the rights stuff and dual use of characters by the MCU is starting to look more and more plausible given some of the weird alterations we're seeing. Once you get past those though this was a really really good entry into the MCU. It makes me wonder how much better it would've been if they didn't make the weird changes.

She's not the MJ of the comics, but I really like the character. She's got personality. I'd certainly take her over Kirsten Dunst's version any day.

^ I never said she was. Zendaya is fine in the character just wish she was called Mary Jane, something I think she could pull off. They even hinted at her backstory being questionable and how she turns people away or uses a front.

If they really did it as a contractual move to protect themselves later and she's been established as different enough. Next movie she's in she should have her back story developed a little more and meet Pete at the door in a full MJ like outfit looking smoking if this is the road they're going to continue down.

I don't even think they referred to her as anything but MJ throughout the entire film. Which makes Fiege's interview quote stating that they did the MJ thing in HC as a nod total BS. They knew what they were doing and why.

Last edited:
Only two nitpicks:

1. Too much cgi.
The effects in Homecoming seemed more real and tactile

2. (For me) the movie only kicks into high gear at the halfway mark.
I was never bored but like Black Panther I became more engaged when the real villain is revealed

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"