Comics Favorite Amazing Spider-Man Covers

Ok, I don't know how that a user name like Spider-Man is available after all the years of the Hype's existence (with or without multiple hyphens) but this guy is clearly being a d-bag and I reported him. Hopefully the mods can wipe him away totally. Things are pretty civil around this part of the boards and I for one would like to keep it that way, so I reported his ass.

Good. He obviously made a second account while the first one was on a prob. ban, so I believe that's grounds for banning. I'll report him too.

I also have no idea what nepotism or communist infiltration he sees here :huh:, but the guy clearly doesn't take criticism well.

Heh, I reported him prior to his infraction.

I think the general consensus is that we were all very fond of the fellow :)

Also, some great covers TMoB. I've always loved the Hobgoblin/Kingpin one and the Invasion of the Spider-Slayers one.

Spider−Man;26785839 said:
*walk in...

sees rampant nepotism, evidence tampering and communist oppression

*walks back out...

From our FAQ -
Violations of Probations and Banning
If you are on probation, you may not post under any account for the amount of days for which you are on probation. Violation of this probation will result in the permanent banning of your ORIGINAL account (permanent loss of entire post count, avatars, etc.,) and an extension of your probation to your NEW name. Continued violation of this rule may result in IP banning. If you are permanent banned, you may not return to Hype. Note: the Administrators and Moderators can tell if you hold more than one account.

New page...

AmazingSpider-Man068.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Man101.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man176.jpg

MarvelTeam-Up079.jpg

WebOfSpider-Man001.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man186.jpg

MarvelTeam-Up122.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man188.jpg

Giant-SizeSpider-Man5.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man141.jpg

This one (ASM #148) is near and dear to me as it's the first Spider-Man comic I ever bought with my own money at the corner store. :yay:

AmazingSpider-Man148.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man104.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man112.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man139.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man249.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man234.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man261.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man373.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManAnnual13.jpg

Some more recent ASM covers...

AmazingSpider-Man549DF.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man552Variant.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man560.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man571.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man583.jpg

Spider-Man127.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man490.jpg

That's Romita Sr art... show some respect. :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

Admittedly, it's not his best work... but I put it there more or less because it's Romita Sr. art and the cover is quite funny (at least, it is to me).

:yay:

Who inked that one? Looks a little Sal Buscema-ish. (I hate that guy's inks...he ruins every good penciler's work.)

a couple faves of MINE... one by Ditko and one by Romita...

AmazingSpider-Man029.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man049.jpg

It's okay. I have arthritis of the lower spine now. I'm getting there.

As far as recent covers I think the best by far since BND have been the Marcos Martin covers.

I really think Deb Scott (Costume Designer for TASM2) and Webb and the rest of them took influence from Marcos Martin because in some cases of his Spidey art, the webbing don't necessarily look like webs, but more so "grids". It's kind of an in-between with the new suit.

I'm trying to pinpoint what makes Martin's covers so awesome. Some are great because of that minimalist approach he takes (like the FF cover), but then you have a complex one like the one I posted, so it's not just that. Maybe it's because they're not only lovely to look at, but strikingly innovative and provocative. And they were like finding an oasis in the desert after the bland, generic, poster-esque covers from the JMS era. I can't believe that was ever a popular trend.

Say what you will about OMIT but the covers were simply gorgeous!

asm638_dc11_lr_0001.jpg

1324115-prv5908_cov.jpg

ASM640.jpg

:up: :up: :up:

They were gorgeous but also annoying.

"Here are some amazing covers of Peter and MJ, while inside we are destroying everything they ever had."

I'm trying to pinpoint what makes Martin's covers so awesome. Some are great because of that minimalist approach he takes (like the FF cover), but then you have a complex one like the one I posted, so it's not just that. Maybe it's because they're not only lovely to look at, but strikingly innovative and provocative. And they were like finding an oasis in the desert after the bland, generic, poster-esque covers from the JMS era. I can't believe that was ever a popular trend.

I think it's the minimalist approach in is style, as well as the colors and inks that make them so attractive.

They were gorgeous but also annoying.

"Here are some amazing covers of Peter and MJ, while inside we are destroying everything they ever had."

Agreed, the biggest slap in the face if there ever was one.

Apologies for the poor quality - I'm at work and barely had time to find this!

mHHf2QI2BIJVvmGNAdvpk3A.jpg

The Holographic 30th Anniversary WEB OF SPIDERMAN #90 cover. Utterly nerdgasmic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"