The Dark Knight Rises Favorite Initial Appearance of Batman

All were good but imo TDKR owned this one.

Batman's return riding the bat-pod was awesome with the Hans Zimmer theme roaring in the background.

1. TDKR
2. BB
3. TDK

Begins had the best lead-up with the docks sequence and pay off.

Knight had a different kind of buildup with different characters talking about Batman leading to a false appearance by the fake Batmen. Batman's actual entrance is more subdued but I like that he was almost hiding among the copycats.

Rises has a similarly naturalistic first full shot of Batman, where he's just saddled on the bat-pod and aiming the EMP gun. A director like Michael Bay would've probably used an overly dramatic closeup shot starting from his feet to his face, but Nolan instead puts the emphasis on the buildup; the awesome visual of the street lights turning off and the audio clues of the pod engine and cape flapping. I loved that.

TDKR

It was just beautiful and then you add it the emotional aspect of Batman coming back after 8 years of retirement. It was just perfect. You can tell that Batman is just as thrilled as the audience that he's finally back. :funny:

I thought the cop extras in TDKR were fine. Damn you Nolan and your inconsistency :argh:

The pit scene did his job fine as giving another legendary extra. Just after Bruce able to jump.. there was a guy screaming like a maniac. :woot:

I felt the same way about the water main guy in Begins...we get it, if the microwave emitter gets there, the whole thing we'll blow. He says it like 10 times in 5 minutes.

Hahaha.. Yeah. But i don't think they are count as extras, right?

untitled-1kqjwh.gif

It's a flat out tie. All three were awesome.

Love all of them.
I'm gonna go with TDKR. It was so understated but intense at the same time.
It's like you felt how much time had passed. Even though it was eight fictional years, those four real years seemed to take forever.

TDK, when he crushed that gun barrel and then started kicking ass on all those Batman phonies.

TDK hands down for me. The way the camera rumbles as the Tumbler comes crashing in (even though it seems to be floating from the outside in if that's a parking garage :hehe:) but with all the enemies scattering about it's like "It's the Batman!" Awesome.

Last edited:
I loved his first appearance in TDKR (especially stealth mode), but I voted for BB. Docks scene is classic.

It's so close between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises, but I'm going with BB, for the fulfillment of that hour-long buildup, its presentation of Batman as a borderline supernatural terror, and for the excitement and promise of future adventures.

The pit scene did his job fine as giving another legendary extra. Just after Bruce able to jump.. there was a guy screaming like a maniac. :woot:

I'd be screaming like a maniac too if a guy had just escaped an inescapable prison that I too was incarcerated in and then thrown down a rope for me to escape as well.

A couple seconds of an extra's face is hardly a blooper, or anything to really critique.

There is moments like that in all the films if you really want to harp on something.
Well for clarification, the thread was actually titled "TDK Bloopers, Funnies, & Other Great Finds!" so yes, I know that's not officially a blooper ;), but definitely a great find. I think it was one of the first things we even joked about.

Have to go with Begins, that dock fight is just too perfect. Followed by Falcone strapped to the makeshift signal, sends chills through me every time.

Begins takes the cake.
I would say TDK, but the shot of Batman trying to rip open Crane's truck is awful. I don't know, something about the way he's opening his mouth and eyes and I don't even know why he was trying to open the truck anyway.

I love the excitement I got from TDKR's first Batman appearance, because its his moment of 'return' and even the characters in the film are making a big fuss about it & the score totally adds to it. However on multiple viewings, I feel that Batman isn't doing much. In BB and in TDK he takes out entire groups, whereas in TDKR he simply shuts off lights, a guy's bike and doesn't manage to stop the countdown. Then he gets chased so after that he's just running away.

It's still exciting to watch every time though, the first shot of him from behind on the batpod as he comes to a stop and the cape is billowing. But in comparison I feel he's not doing much next to BB and TDK's.

Last edited:
Easily TDKR for me. I said this in another thread, but IMO it's the most "Batman-like, comic-booky" scene of this whole trilogy.

The way the lights turn off announcing his "return," how the music hits that familiar beat when we see him walk up to the downed goon. The escape from the police, duping them with the Bat. Then the rooftop battle alongside Catwoman (disarming her no less) then racing off the roof from gunfire into the Bat to speed away as Bane looks on. It's fantastic to me.

And Batman felt...regal in a sense. Majestic, the way this Batman rarely has in this trilogy, simply because he's not as mysterious as he was in Burton's films. We know every nook and cranny about this Bruce Wayne, so in a sense, it's much more "Wayne in a costume" feel, then "The Batman!" But with this scene, he's like that creature of the night again, but even more over the top with the action.

I stand by my choice of Batman Begins, but boy, the one in The Dark Knight Rises...That feeling, that exhilarating moment when Batman finally returns after all those years...Pretty much all of us in the crowd shared that feeling, and it was special.

People in my theater were excited when the lights started going off one by one in the chase scene everyone was anticipating appearance of batman, then the music grew louder and we get to see batman on his Bat pod, almost half the theater audience started cheering.... really awesome experience.

Yeah not to mention his actual appearance is perfect. The suit is glorious, his mask looks like a mask and not a helmet like it did before. The cape flows more and hangs over the shoulders, helping with that regal look I was talking about. And Bale himself is the perfect weight, not too small like TDK, not quite as big as BB. Hearing that sound of the pod speeding by sends chills every time for me. Spot on in all regards.

Yeah not to mention his actual appearance is perfect. The suit is glorious, his mask looks like a mask and not a helmet like it did before. The cape flows more and hangs over the shoulders, helping with that regal look I was talking about. And Bale himself is the perfect weight, not too small like TDK, not quite as big as BB. Hearing that sound of the pod speeding by sends chills every time for me. Spot on in all regards.

:up:

Also, the line by senior Cop was perfect - "Oh boy, you are in for a show tonight, son."

Also, the line by senior Cop was perfect - "Oh boy, you are in for a show tonight, son."
Yeah, I liked that line and the reference to TDK Returns. It was refreshing for a policeman to say something that wasn't cheesy this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"