Favorite Comic Book Movie Superhero Sequel?

kryptonjedi

Civilian
Reaction score
Over the years we've had some good sequels to the originals what your favorite one?

There are a ton of good ones, me personally it would be a toss up between The Dark Knight, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and X-Men Days of Future Past as of right now(this may change later).

Last edited:
Good idea for a thread !

There are some good choices there, but really for me nothing beats
the Dark Knight. It's like Terminator 2 to Terminator, the sequel improves
on the original - which is not easy to do ( e.g. Iron Man 2, which was not
great compared to an amazing first movie) there are lots of rubbish sequels out
there.

But Dark Knight just succeeds on every level, satisfying fans and critics and
creating new fans. It's awesome. Can't say enough good things about it.

Sure, like every film it too has its weaknesses, but overall I still rate it the
best cbm ever - and definitely the best cbm sequel.

Just IMO, but I'm off to go watch it right now !

Last edited:
They are all great sequels, but Iron Man 2 and X-Men DOFP probably couldn't stand on their own. You have to watch the earlier films to really understand the sequel

The Dark Knight all the way.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Superman II
Spider-Man 2

I'd add Hellboy 2

This is a great thread! Love ideas like this!!

I can't put these in any certain order, because they're all fine films to me, but it'd be Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Dark Knight, and Superman II

The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever made, sequel or not.

Voted for CA:TWS.

Not big on Bat Bale, but ... Heath Ledger's Joker performance in TDK rips at my loyalties on "Favorite Sequel". That was truly an Oscar worthy performance, it's a shame he got it after passing.

I like how this is all second movies in a franchise and Days of Future Past.

Anyway, of that list: Spider-Man 2, followed by Batman Returns and Superman II. Adding in any and all sequels, we can throw Iron Man 3 in there at some point.

The Dark Knight
My second favorite sequel never stays steady, I guess I will give props to Superman II of the ones listed in this poll

6 of those movies are in my Top 10 CBMs.

However my Top 5 is Avengers, Cap:TWS, Iron Man, TDK and Spider-Man 2

Out of those 3 sequels, I'm leaning towards Cap.

The Dark Knight is one of the best movies ever made, much more superhero movie or superhero movie sequel.

But after that

Spider-Man 2
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Batman Returns
X2
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Superman II

The rest really are not the kind to write home about.

For me, The Dark Knight.

Also, whoever put up TASM2, that was for a joke, yes? :o

For me, The Dark Knight.

Also, whoever put up TASM2, that was for a joke, yes? :o

Agreed on TDK ! totally, especialy with the previous poster who mentioned that even though it's a sequel it could stand on its own. I guess if you could only ever see one Batman film that would be the one to see.
At the end of Batman Begins, Gordon talks about escalation, and Nolan
totally delivers in TDK, he ups the game by several levels. Nice Nolan, very nice !

As for TASM 2, have to disagree with you. Sure, it's not the best superhero sequel, not by a long shot, but I do think it's superior to TASM.

Both films have suffered from having really contrived and uninteresting villains, however, I have to say that Garfield has really grown into the role.
I found him just annoying in TASM (as Peter P) Spider-Man's key battle tactic is being annoying, so that's okay, but in TASM 2 he really started to get what Peter is about. And really, while villains are important, its the hero who really counts, he's the guy we have to want to cheer for.

IMO, and this is bucking the trend, I think TASM 2 was a better film than TASM - so a good sequel (not my favourite, but not necessarily a joke).

Tier 1:
TDK
CA: TWS
DOFP

Tier 2:
TASM 2
TDW
Blade 2

Tier 3:
IM2
X2

tier 4:
The rest

1. Batman Returns
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
6. Hellboy 2
7. Iron Man 3
8. The Dark Knight
9. X2
10. Superman 2

Being a huge X-Men fan I wanna say X2 but Captain America: Winter Soldier was just too good
drake-too-good-o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"