Favorite MCU character

I think I'll change my vote to Peter Quill.

Still mostly interested in seeing Strange.

Captain America is my favorite character. Loki and Iron Man are my other favorites. I'm looking forward to seeing Doctor Strange.

It's interesting with the MCU as some of favorites aren't necessarily my favorites in the comics with some exceptions.

My favorite character is Bruce Banner/The Hulk. Both Norton and Ruffalo where phenomenal in the role, Hulk is one of my favorites in the comics too.

It's hard to not like Captain America. Evans plays him perfectly, it's funny because Cap isn't one of favs in the comics. Probably not even in my top 25!

I love some Loki, Groot, Nebula(more please), and Sif as well. I really want more Sif in the MCU.

Bucky Barnes
Hero's BFF? Check.
Great storyline and tragic backstory? (brainwashed, turned against friend, forced to kill)? Check.
Badass? Check.
Cute? Check.

Well yeah definitely this. It helps that Bucky is one of those young characters I crushed on when 'teenage' seemed quite old (kinda like Robin.... yes I know.)

Cap. I love his honesty
Black Widow

Honestly if you love Bucky you pretty much have to love these two. Or at least I do. Even if you don't like Bucky, Cap brings this really refreshing moral character to life while Black Widow is a layer, well written and full character who could easily have fallen into being either the femme fatale or your typical Mary Sue Action Girl. It may sound cheesy but I am honestly thankful when movies are able to depict female characters in a way comparable to their treatment of male characters.

I'm gonna go with Stark...but honorable mention goes to Cap, Falcon, Loki, Pepper, Fury and Coulson.

Obviously can't forget Pepper and Coulson since they're amazing. I hardly ever like the 'cannon' couple in most movies, due to romance behind a forced element with the woman rarely receiving much in the way of actual characterization - typically writers just pick a trope and roll with it, no attempt at building beyond the basic idea - but Pepper and Tony are just delightful together. She managed to make an actual impact on is character and find a place in his movies beyond just being the damsel in distress. She makes a wonderful balance to Tony, and I'm not even overly fond of the actress who plays her. That's just how awesome Pepper is.

Coulson has a collection of original USO Tour style Captain America trading cards and as director of SHIELD keeps a 'Trust Cap' poster framed on his desk. I don't care what you feel about the Avenger's Cap uniform, you look at that and you know that a fanboy designed that to look as close to his comic book collection as possible. I'm sorry, just for all that I would love Coulson.

Some of my favorites include: Captain America, Groot, Dum Dum Dugan, Erik Selvig, Phil Coulson, Agent(s) Koenig, and after last night's Agent Carter episodes, Edwin Jarvis.

Oh god, Edwin Jarvis is wonderful. As is the robotic JARVIS. And Peggy. Actually, I just realized that despite being a total jerk Tony is surrounded by some of the most genuinely awesome people in the MCU (assuming that Peggy still saw Stark after he was married, and as long as I'm on Howard Stark.... you know, I really enjoy Dominic Copper in that role.)

And on the subject of the MCU's television characters, I will add Agent May, Agent Morse, Mac, Lance Hunter, Fitz, and Garrett to that list. Although I guess if forced to narrow it down it would be.... hmm...

No wait, it would totally 100% be Agent May. She's my superhero.

My favorite character is Bruce Banner/The Hulk. Both Norton and Ruffalo where phenomenal in the role, Hulk is one of my favorites in the comics too.

Admittedly, I wasn't so taken by Norton's version (which I tend to blame more on the writing/directing and the whole tone they wanted in the film rather than, you know, assuming that Norton randomly lost the ability to act) but Ruffallo more than makes up for that. I'm not even a fan of the Hulk, to be completely honest. I'm a fan of Banner, and an important factor of his character is how he deals with the Hulk (always been more a fan of the split-psyche view on the character than the Hulk and Banner being two entirely separate entities). I feel like for what screen presence he had, he just made Banner.

This is going to sound crazy, because I grew up reading Marvel comics, but I went into Avengers without realizing, you know, it was an AVENGERS movie. I had seen parts of IM1 and IM2 but that was forever ago and in the mean time I was busy with a full time job and school and moving to NYC. I was so busy I missed most of the films, and it was like midnight when I girl I had just met asked me if I wanted to go see some movie with her since neither of us were eager to get back to our nanny jobs. So seeing it was a total surprise. I'd been so busy my brain didn't have time to sort out a bunch of unused comics knowledge from long ago,so it was a bit embarrassing how long it took me to realize "Oh- That's Banner! The Hulk!" I was never a fan in the comics, but by the time it finally clicked in my overworked brain it was too late, I adored Banner.

Iron Man, but moreso in his own trilogy than in Avengers. I liked bits and pieces of his contributions on Avengers, but I feel that Favreau and Black had him closer to his comic book incarnation than Whedon did. In Avengers, it was quip after quip after quip; he was a machine gun with his mouth, it was like Peter Parker or Buffy Summers in an Iron Man suit. In the trilogy, however, he possesses a dryer, more deadpan wit. He takes his time with his delivery, he reflects on what is being said to him before he comes up with something to say, and even then not every damn line of dialogue is a joke/quip.

See, I think if it came down to it and I truly could only pick one out of all the possible, brilliant characters as a favorite, it simply has to be Tony Stark. I'd disagree that his characterization in Avengers is OOC - yes, he was a bit more quippy, but it's for a purpose. A lot of the time it's a distraction technique (first meet up with the others, with Loki at Stark Tower). It's also part of Tony's whole performance at being Tony Stark. He definitely plays a part that most people expect of him, including being rather flippant and never too serious. Tony doesn't know how to cope with really emotional hits (say right after Coulson dies, and Steve calling him a solider). I find Tony Stark's character in the MCU absolutely fascinating. He is definitely my favorite to write for, probably my favorite overall although that's a much more difficult choice.

Thank god there was no poll. I don't even know where to begin. I might be able to get it down to top ten favorites, but that would take some work.

Last edited:
My favourite so far is Thor and I'm looking forward to seeing Quicksilver and Captain Marvel.

Loki. Tom's line delivery and physical presence are amazing.

The guy driving this truck.

captain-america-106772.jpg

I`ve always liked the supporting cast better than the main characters. It`s not their onscreen interpretation, it`s always been that way. Since the supporting cast changes dramatically from one installment to the next, so do my favorite characters.

That being said, I have a blast watching high-profile actors take a chance at villain roles. For example, there were a ton of things to like in Cap 2, but my favorite has to be Oscar-winning Robert Redford whispering "Hail Hydra".

Tony Stark and Groot.

Looking forward to Luke Cage and Iron Fist. And Spider-man.

Thanos (I'm enjoying how they are building him up)

Last edited:
Cap and, well the hype for Spidey is real...

Where is Dr Strange on that picture ? Should've been in the front middle but couldn't see him anywhere. Shame on whoever did that pic lol.

Favorite MCU Character: Captain America
Honorable Mention: Star-Lord

Looking forward to: Black Bolt
Honorable Mention: Black Panther

Both names start with Black, both royalty and both will be great new additions to the MCU. Can't wait to see BP in action and BB finally whisper or say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"