The Dark Knight Rises Favorite Cinematography Shot of the Trilogy?

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
One think is sure about the Nolan Trilogy. Wally Pfister has delivered an amazing cinematography for all three movies, and come January he has a great chance to be Oscar nominated for all three movies.

But what was your favorite shot of each movie, and your favorite of all three?

dark.knight.characters..12.jpg

blog_dkr3.jpg

and the first shot of Batman looking over Gotham in Batman Begins.

Those 3 are definetely some of my favourite shots.

I was hoping the Batman on the bridge shot would be one of my favorites but it was short and pointless in the film (Rises).

Batman Begins: The shot where Batman is looking over Gotham. Beautiful.

The Dark Knight: The shot where The Joker was sticking out of the police car. Chilling and innovative cinematography right there.

The Dark Knight Rises: The shot where Gotham is revealing the Batman statue and the shot of Gordon looking with the flashing of the cameras behind him. Love this shoot. The framing and the movement are so ART!

The cinematography for Begins was intentionally glossed up to appease the execs according to Wally. TDK's look is what they really wanted. With that said, I disagree entirely. TDK is absolutely the better looking film. And TDKR is Pfister's Magnum Opus in a career that's over far too soon.

Too bad the actual scene is so cut up that you can't appreciate it when watching the film as you can here.

Too bad the actual scene is so cut up that you can't appreciate it when watching the film as you can here.
Despite the shot in question only being on-screen for around 2-seconds, it still imprinted itself on me. That's powerful cinematography.

Nolan + Pfister is a magnificent team, cause don't forget also praising Nolan in this. A cinematographer never works alone, and in the case of working with Nolan especially not. He is very involved with framing, movement, angle and composition. As any great director is really.

Last edited:
I got chills during the scene where Bruce finally rises from the Pit. Visually it's stunning.

One of my favorite shots of the trilogy is the circling of Joker and Rachel at the party, the way that it manages to move both precise and unsteady, gives a great sense of uneasiness and really highlights the scene and Heath's performance.

The cinematography for Begins was intentionally glossed up to appease the execs according to Wally. TDK's look is what they really wanted. With that said, I disagree entirely. TDK is absolutely the better looking film. And TDKR is Pfister's Magnum Opus in a career that's over far too soon.
you mean clean looking?
wasnt it Nolan's idea to use Blade Runer as inspiration?

Arrgh. Too many to list.

Batman standing on the skyscraper, right after Gordon finds Falcone strapped to the spotlight in Batman Begins.

Young Bruce falling down the well towards the viewer in Begins.

The Bat-Pod charging towards the Joker after Batman flips his truck in TDK.

Batman standing atop the bridge in TDKR. Even if it was a pointless scene, it still looked beautiful.

Alfred walking over to Bruce's chair in TDK, the morning after Rachel's death. The bluish glow adds to the somber feeling of the scene and the view from the window is gorgeous. I loved seeing Bruce look at his mask with tears in his eyes, knowing what the Batman has cost him.

Joker hanging out of the cop car in TDK.

The helicopter landing on Lau's skyscraper in TDK. It wasn't very iconic since it didn't feature Batman, but it looked amazing.

Bruce Wayne standing on the pillars being hit by members of the LoS in Begins.

Last edited:
heh. This thread is proving that the least "comic booky" film of the lot has the most iconic shots. TDK is truly the franchise's best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"