• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Political Talk Radio Show

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
What is your favorite Talk Radio show?

I dont really listen to any but the one that is on in the car when I drive home.
I listen to Sean Hanity

The Howard Stern Show, All Things Considered, Car Talk.

And sometimes I listen to The Jerry Doyle Show

The Howard Stern Show, All Things Considered, Car Talk.

And sometimes I listen to The Jerry Doyle Show

Havent caught Jerry Doyle...been meaning to..and the bum doesnt release his shows online...damn him!

It used to be "The Al Franken Show," but now I don't listen to talk radio all that much...

Or listen online from another radio station that has him on at an earlier time :huh:

The Neal Boortz Show, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and rarely, O'Reilly and Savage.

I do Listen to Neal Boortz everyday, the rest not as often.

I would like to start FairTax.AM if anyone would like to help.

It used to be "The Al Franken Show," but now I don't listen to talk radio all that much...

Thom Hartmann is probably too liberal for you, but I really enjoy him. And he's not stupid. He often brings on conservatives to debate them rather than just shooting off at the mouth. http://www.thomhartmann.com/

God, do I miss the Dennis Miller that gave it to both parties. He disgusts me now.

God, do I miss the Dennis Miller that gave it to both parties. He disgusts me now.

LOL!! It's that attitude that turned him off from the left to begin with. He's said it on his show. He talks about people like you are so shrill and hateful towards others and can't see how you do the very things you accuse the right of doing.

LOL!! It's that attitude that turned him off from the left to begin with. He's said it on his show. He talks about people like you are so shrill and hateful towards others and can't see how you do the very things you accuse the right of doing.

Because, you know, the right isn't hateful towards anyone... gays, the transgendered, non-Christians, abortion clinic doctors... :whatever:

I'm sorry I turned off Dennis Miller. I suppose when he becomes relevant again that might matter. [Miller]You know you've got problems when Tony Kornheiser sounds like Vince Lombardi next to you and they move you out of the booth faster than Colts out of Baltimore[/Miller]

Because, you know, the right isn't hateful towards anyone... gays, the transgendered, non-Christians, abortion clinic doctors... :whatever:
I'm on the Right and I don't hate anyone except the IRS.

I'm on the Right and I don't hate anyone except the IRS.

I was more or less countering Slim's claim that the left is shrill and hateful... I wasn't really aiming to generalize everyone so much as make a point that some of the hateful, shrill people exist on both sides...

I was more or less countering Slim's claim that the left is shrill and hateful... I wasn't really aiming to generalize everyone so much as make a point that some of the hateful, shrill people exist on both sides...
Yup on both sides, and the bad thing is they tend to not realize that nothing gets done unless you can have meaninful, calm debate about the issues, not blow up at eachother, and call eachother names. I don't care if your are gay or straight, blue or white or black or whatever, you have liberties that must be up-held and not taken away by the Government. I bet we all can agree on that here.

...and Slim called me personally shrill and hateful. He's never heard my voice. :confused:

I don't listen to radio at all anymore, so...

Yup on both sides, and the bad thing is they tend to not realize that nothing gets done unless you can have meaninful, calm debate about the issues, not blow up at eachother, and call eachother names. I don't care if your are gay or straight, blue or white or black or whatever, you have liberties that must be up-held and not taken away by the Government. I bet we all can agree on that here.

That is, of course, assuming that either side in government power wants to get things done. :o

Other then that, I totally agree. :up:

...and Slim called me personally shrill and hateful. He's never heard my voice. :confused:

"Miller "disgusts" me" .....Those are your words. That's waaaay too strong a put-down for someone like Miller. If you even listened to his show (and you don't) you'd know that he's not a social conservative on every point.

But your retort was just what he talks about. You can't even have a different point of view before the names start flying. Homophobe....fascist....etc....

It happens on these boards.

It's not like anyone is in the hospital because they were called a name

Phil Valentine is pretty much the only guy I listen to. He's a local who went syndicated a couple of years ago. The guy's a conservative, but I'd like to convince him on greenways and bike paths. And, he's almost sold on the FairTax.

Almost . . .

What is your favorite Talk Radio show?

I dont really listen to any but the one that is on in the car when I drive home.
I listen to Sean Hanity

That pretty much is my entire talk show quota for the day . . . what's on between the time I leave work and the time I get home.

"Miller "disgusts" me" .....Those are your words. That's waaaay too strong a put-down for someone like Miller. If you even listened to his show (and you don't) you'd know that he's not a social conservative on every point.

But your retort was just what he talks about. You can't even have a different point of view before the names start flying. Homophobe....fascist....etc....

It happens on these boards.
I'm supremely aware that he's not a social conservative. And since he's rich, I don't blame him for wanting lower taxes. Of course I must wonder if he wants smaller government to go along with that, or if he wants to mortgage his grandkids' future to have it both ways as seems to be popular with "conservatives" these days. What I'm saying is that a comedian whose views and schtick I once enjoyed turned on me, and I'm a little bitter about that, so yeah, he disgusts me. Much in the same way McCain's change from vertebrate to invertebrate disgusts me. But not you, Slim. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"