• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Political Talk Radio Show

I dont often find myself listening or watching shows that will explain my point of view for me... i like to hit up some articles, news stories... and then maybe a slight shot of opinion editorial.

if i find myself in the car depending on the time of day, i can be found listening to car talk (old guys cackling and laughin there brains out for no good reason gives me pause, and hope that theres more smiles and laughs to be had... that show just makes me feel good)

other shows i hit up from time to time...

Rush limbaugh (though i do not share virtually any his views, i respect that this man has a stranglehold over quite alot of people, including other talk radio shows... hes like the "big daddy" so im interested in hearing what he says.)

I cant find myself being able to withstand Hannity too much as i think he has absolutely no idea what patriotism is. He is far to knee jerk for me, when i used to try to digest him i always found myself on the internet for an hour shaking my head that i had been yet again lead to a dry well. all he asks is 3 hours a day... i would pay a fortune to have 3 more hours a day... let alone throwing them away on any talk show host, especially one who gets to claim who and what is unamerican... and the trend of people calling up and calling him a great american, and him returning the gesture (though this dichotemy seems to be leveling off as of late)... is a turn off. i find the political awareness of his callers who he calls great americans completely depressing. "let not your heart be troubled" is not enough for me... he doesnt really offer people anything other than that you will be ok because you listen to his show. ill give him points over rush though because i think he honestly beleives many of the things he says... i think hes trully and genuinely who he appears on the air... which only makes me sad. whereas rush is much more intelligent and manipulative, deceptive and disingenious. which makes me want to be aware of what he says. So in a way hannity's honest character makes him ireelevant to me, because i think he has some modicum of integrity. conversely, i think this is the very thing that makes him relevant to many americans... his american character. i just think its sad that he uses that character to slide in malformed opinions on many things, and knee jerk reactions to everything... he doesnt expound critical thinking, he doesnt respect the dissent this country was founded upon, and i think he embodies many of the things that are wrong with america... because he essentiall is a modern american. Fat, over consuming... narrow scoped, foreign hating, short atention span, loves buzz words and catch phrases that are hollow and generally ill proportioned and his arrogance and closemindedness do not accomplish anything productive on radio... its like a constant great american circle jerk that rarely leads to progressive intelligent discussion. Rush however seems much more interesting to listen to, because he seems more relevant in ways i think are dangerous to the beliefs i hold. Hannity has integrity, rush does not.

Micheal savage is grating... after gritting my teeth, i also came to the conclusion that he is many of the things he rails against... intolerant, extremist in his own way, racist, ignorant.... on and on.

Racheal maddow of air america is stephanie miller for the other side. i find them both to be listtenable but the same side of a different coin. part of me just wants to see them get into a cat fight. neither really peak my interest to much... one serves olberman, one serves o'reilly.

Moving to TV... i like bill maher and jon stewart. Maher can at times turn me off with his arrogance, but i think hes got a little horse sense that i appreciate in his comedy. jon stewart is falling off for me as of late, the show just doesnt really seem as funny as it used to be.

Keith Olberman is boring to me... its like everyday the sky is falling with him. i will admit that sometimes he hits a serious point that i find interesting but his style, which can at times seem really poingant, relevant and important... can grind you down after a while. one of his special comments on the world trade center rebuild was great... but lately... IE his special comment on clinton, just doesnt hold the bar.

I liked al franken, but his voice got me sleepy. meh

"Miller "disgusts" me" .....Those are your words. That's waaaay too strong a put-down for someone like Miller.

I'm sure rdh007 really meant Miller makes him warm and cuddly inside. Because apparently no one can not like Dennis Miller. Why... that's just unheard of. Impossible. Downright audacious! :cmad:

I enjoy Beck, O'Reilly/Rush (depends on where I am) and Neal Bortz.

I hate Hannity's show.

I wish I could find a good, liberal show - sadly they do not exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"