World Favourite Animated Superman design

The MOS design was pretty good. I wonder what the STAS design would look like with that suit

This

man_of_steel_superman__dcau_style__by_boygos-d6fq59v.png

Made by Boygos (Sean Linnihan) on deviantART

Unfortunately if they did make a new Superman show it would look more like this:

2075825-gl102_b206_stl_v01.0020.png

Classic animation is dying out and it's really sad.

man_of_steel_superman_by_alejit0-d54wm8v.jpg

And as a bonus, here's the black from the dream sequence.
mos_black_by_alejit0-d6g5b87.jpg

Both of there were made by alejit0 (alejandro) on deviantART.

Last edited:
not bad. i wish timm would design another 2d animated show

not bad. i wish timm would design another 2d animated show

I know dem feels :csad:

I only hope that with the movies going in the direction of a JLA production that they develop a cartoon tie in.

Even a revival of Justice League Unlimited would be incredible.

It's because the jaw is drawn to look bigger than his cranium. It's subtly telling us that Superman has a small brain. In the old days that's how dumb jocks used to be drawn.

My only minor problem with the DCAU Superman's that he didn't have blue eyes. Well except for his appearance on Static Shock,
03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

12.jpg

The eyes in general always bothered me in the Timmverse. The black dots are super creepy and lifeless.

I admit that it did sort of bother me that Bruce and Diana had blue eyes in JL/JLU and Clark had black eyes with no whites.

The only thing I found odd about it was that other characters had the detail of having eye color or even white sclera while his was the same color as his skin. Almost as if they were too lazy to color it white, when they clearly weren't when you look at other characters.

I always liked STAS Superman's dot eyes. It was obviously a reference to the Fleischer design with his squints

I didn't mind the dotted eyes as a kid, but I think they're ugly now.

My only minor problem with the DCAU Superman's that he didn't have blue eyes. Well except for his appearance on Static Shock,
03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

12.jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Neat. Always wondered what that would look like kinda....it's not bad.

And Bruce Wayne in Batman: TAS was shown as having brown eyes in some episodes....and then blue in Batman: TAS Season 4 when they did the series redesign (and got rid of the Joker's eyes and red lips!!! Green hair too, IIRC...man, I hated that Joker redesign)

This

man_of_steel_superman__dcau_style__by_boygos-d6fq59v.png

Made by Boygos (Sean Linnihan) on deviantART

man_of_steel_superman_by_alejit0-d54wm8v.jpg

And as a bonus, here's the black from the dream sequence.
mos_black_by_alejit0-d6g5b87.jpg

Both of there were made by alejit0 (alejandro) on deviantART.

Yeesh. Am I the only one who DOESN'T want the MOS design used in the cartoons? I'd prefer to see Supes classic colors and design anywhere as much as we can...

I really wish they'd just do season 4 of Superman: TAS, and show what happened between that and JL/JLU. I'd love a follow up to the series, even though I know it's unlikely to ever happen (it was great to see the art used again in Brainiac Attacks, but my god was the story and characterization NOTHING like Superman: TAS! It was terrible - like something out of a nightmare. GL: TAS quality Superman is what that was). I say Superman: TAS is not only in the top 3 best superhero cartoons ever made, but is also one of the best tv series ever made.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who sometimes thought the DCAU Lex looked mixed-black sometimes?

No, you're not. I think DCAU Lex was supposed to be Greek, for some reason.

Yeesh. Am I the only one who DOESN'T want the MOS design used in the cartoons? I'd prefer to see Supes classic colors and design anywhere as much as we can...

I really wish they'd just do season 4 of Superman: TAS, and show what happened between that and JL/JLU. I'd love a follow up to the series, even though I know it's unlikely to ever happen (it was great to see the art used again in Brainiac Attacks, but my god was the story and characterization NOTHING like Superman: TAS! It was terrible - like something out of a nightmare. GL: TAS quality Superman is what that was). I say Superman: TAS is not only in the top 3 best superhero cartoons ever made, but is also one of the best tv series ever made.

Season 4 of STAS would be so great! Yeah I tried to watch Brainiac Attacks recently... wtf were they thinking? Those voices were so terrible, and the storyline was unbearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"