Feats & Power Displays in Thor: Ragnarok

It was great to finally see some real fighting prowess from Thor. When he realised Hulk was actually trying to kill him... He ****ing battered him lol.

That extended look at Thor flying with mjolnir and the different perspective was awesome. That hole beginning was all kinds of epic. That's Thor done right. Pitch perfect.

Early in the film, Thor flying. Ya I know, kind of low on the feat/power scale, but as far as I recall it is the only extended look at Thor flying via the hammer pull.

Yup. That was fantastic too.

True, probably wasn't electricity though and Fenris blew my mind with how powerful he was.

Me too. I thought Hulk would beat him but he was too much for even the Hulk

I feel he was visibly hurt by both of Thor's lightning punches and the big hammer blow that sent him across the arena.

He literally had to clear his head afterwards by shaking his head.

He was. He was definitely more worse for wear than Thor was.

Thor's durability is incredible. Especially how Hulk being on top of him literally did nothing to him.

It also allows us to accurately scale how strong Kurse was too

Those neck things that give you electric shocks seemed quite mighty, to the point of incapacitating the god of thunder with electricity!!!!
Black Widow would kill for some of those.
I would hope an Elder of the Universe would have a higher tech than Black Widow and should have the ability to subdue powerful beings like Thor.

Bit of a homage to Donald Blake's cane with the umbrella. I thought it was a nice touch.
Same.

Early in the film, Thor flying. Ya I know, kind of low on the feat/power scale, but as far as I recall it is the only extended look at Thor flying via the hammer pull.
That was amazing. The shot of Thor being chased by the giant dragon thing was epic.

The drink refilling effect was different than in Doctor Strange's post credits scene?

Also while Thor never disguised himself in previous films, he did have the power to summon his asgardian armor. So Thor disguising himself magically was a nice addition to that.

In the Doctor Strange version the liquid just rises in the cup (kind of like the tide of the ocean, for lack of a better example). In the Thor version it looked like there was a pouring effect, like if you refill a cup under a faucet, (but without the steam). I'm pretty sure there was also a pouring sound effect in the Thor version, and none (or a quieter one) in the Doctor Strange version.

This film had the best flying scenes in all of the Thor and Avengers films.

The way Thor uses lightning in the final battle is insane.

'Twas glorious.

N5EQPFK.gif

Think about this: Hela crushed Mjolnir, took out an Asgardian army single-handedly, and cost Thor an eye. That's an enormous amount of damage done to the hero in a short period of time.

So did Thor fly from the palace or was it one huge jump? If it was a huge jump it was a Hulk level one for sure.

It looked like a leap, but it will be interesting to see if MCU Thor can fly now that Odin said that Thor's abilities are innate rather than granted by Mjolnir.

It looked like a leap, but it will be interesting to see if MCU Thor can fly now that Odin said that Thor's abilities are innate rather than granted by Mjolnir.

It almost seemed like he was riding the lightning and no that's not a pun that's seriously what it looked like. But yeah if flight was also one of Thor's innate abilities I would love to see Thor actually hovering in the air unaided.

I will finally be able to get to see a scene where he's hovering in the air while creating a hurricane or large storm around himself and raining down lightning. Also if it was a leap that would make him a Hulk level jumper, who needs to fly if you can jump like that lol.

I loved the secene where Thor and Valkyrie were jumping from starship to starship destroying them! In Thor's case, with his bare hands!

I loved the secene where Thor and Valkyrie were jumping from starship to starship destroying them! In Thor's case, with his bare hands!

Nobody else seemed to noticed that, he was ripping out engines and tearing off gun turrets with ease. There's also a scene where he's literally punching through a ship's hull multiple times, I kept thinking "why is no one who's seen the film talking about this?".

Several people kept asking if there were any strength feats, but no one would bring this up.

Nobody else seemed to noticed that, he was ripping out engines and tearing off gun turrets with ease. There's also a scene where he's literally punching through a ship's hull multiple times, I kept thinking "why is no one who's seen the film talking about this?".

Several people kept asking if there were any strength feats, but no one would bring this up.

Exactly! I thought there would be many mentions of this scene here.
That was a great display of raw strength.

Think about this: Hela crushed Mjolnir, took out an Asgardian army single-handedly, and cost Thor an eye. That's an enormous amount of damage done to the hero in a short period of time.

The most impressive power stunt is Surtur Prime destroying Asgard by thrusting his sword into its core.

However, Hela has to come a close second with the above power-feats. Crushing Mjolnir with her bare hand......pretty damn impressive, and the rest were awesome too.

Thor has to come next, particularly with his "immigrant song" power-ups - very cool.

Well down the line, but still cool was Skurge's 2 M-16s against the zombie army.

Hulk, gets in some good shots at Thor, and punching Fenris off the side of Asgard was very impressive too.

Thor was straight up DISINTEGRATING those undead Asgardian berserkers with lightning.

Fenris was a beast, he seemed completely invulnerable and his paws damaged the bifrost as he ran on it.

Fenris drew blood from hulk underwater u notice some Green blood coming out after he bit into Hulk
never seen that before Hulk was fighting for his life there

Hela completely not fazed seeing Surtur she just went for hers

DAM I LOVED HELA

Valkyrie slicing those spaceships with her sword Dragonfang and turning that gun turret towards those other ships were awesome.

You could see the sparks coming from the bottom of the turret indicating that she was physically overpowering it's function.

I didn't know that Heimdall could do that "eye sharing" thing where there was a telepathic connection between him and Thor.

Might that be a callback to Avengers when Hawkeye points out that a door opens from both sides when talking about the Tesseracts power? Possibly confirming that the Soulstone is with Heimdall?

I didn't know that Heimdall could do that "eye sharing" thing where there was a telepathic connection between him and Thor.

Might that be a callback to Avengers when Hawkeye points out that a door opens from both sides when talking about the Tesseracts power? Possibly confirming that the Soulstone is with Heimdall?

I would hope not, I would hope it's just from his natural power.

Thor ripped the entire cock pit off of one of the ships that were attacking them and threw the guy inside out of it.

Also during the final battle Thor was using lightning to telekinetically pull Undead soldiers to him and throw them. I'm suprised no one has mentioned this, it's pretty much a new power in and of itself.

I liked that Hulk's hit to Surtur actually knocked him sideways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"