The Thor: Ragnarok Countdown Thread

Finarfiniel

Mistress of Magic
Reaction score
Okay, now that we've officially hit the milestone of 50 days until the first international release date, I thought I'd finally start this thread. I'm totally stealing an idea from the JL countdown thread of posting a different Thor related cover or picture every day until release. The cover/image may feature Thor and/or any of the characters that will be featured in Ragnarok.

To start us of, a classic Defenders cover featuring an early Hulk vs. Thor showdown (featuring Valkyrie and Doctor Strange).

Hero-Envy-Hulk+vs+Thor5.jpg

50 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 60 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

I don't know if anyone is at all interested in this thread, but I'll continue regardless. :oldrazz: Missed yesterday because my internet was down so I'll post two pictures today.

Some classic Thor vs Loki on the cover of The Mighty Thor:

d2498076b16acdf0702013ee449949cb--comic-book-covers-comic-books.jpg

Hela and her undead minions on the cover of Avengers: Prime:

AvPrime+05cvr02.jpg

48 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 58 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

I am interested Fin. Keep it up.

tumblr_otiuayECfN1w2bdzmo2_500.gif

Odin: FOR ASGARD!
Thor: FOR MIDGARD!
Loki: FOR MYSELF!

e5a705043fd078b7069eb90d0e1edd1c--odin-thor-loki.jpg

47 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 57 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

Forgot to post yesterday but I enjoy seeing the covers and counting this thing down (even though my premiere is 2 days later).

Mjölnir;35681683 said:
Forgot to post yesterday but I enjoy seeing the covers and counting this thing down (even though my premiere is 2 days later).

Once the UK release date is here, I will continue to count down until we reach the final release date of November 3rd. :yay:

"They sing no songs in Hel, nor do they celebrate heroes, for silent is that dismal realm and cheerless. But the story of the Gjallerbru and the god who defended it is whispered across the nine worlds. And when a new arrival asks about the one to whom even Hela bows her head, the answer is always the same: He stood alone at Gjallerbru... and that answer is enough."

tumblr_of7qt7XDic1qbgo38o1_500.jpg

46 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 56 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

"The finale of the Surtur saga" is one of Kevin Feige favorite moments in the comics. I'm sure he will try and make it justice with Ragnarok. And Skurge "Last Stand" is the stuff off legends.

Jack Kirby, Walter Simonson and Jason Aaron runs. Are 3 of the biggest inspirations for Thor Ragnarok. And you see it in every drop.

Nice, when did Kevin Feige say that the finale of the Surtur Saga was one kf his favorite comic book moments ?

We're definitely going to get Skurge's last stand as seen with him wiedling those M-16's in the first trailer. I hope he uses his Blood Axe to destroy something big in a cool super powerful way like it did that ship in the comics.

Nice, when did Kevin Feige say that the finale of the Surtur Saga was one kf his favorite comic book moments ?

We're definitely going to get Skurge's last stand as seen with him wiedling those M-16's in the first trailer. I hope he uses his Blood Axe to destroy something big in a cool super powerful way like it did that ship in the comics.
He said it a while back. A few months back on Twitter while retweeting that cover in particular.

Here it is...
https://twitter.com/kevfeige/status/811345455128788993?lang=fr

C0J1UFtVEAA16nI.jpg

Last edited:
See, I can *hear* that, in the voices of Hopkins, Hemsworth, and Hiddleston.

( Also, as a completely unpaid advertisement, the Simonson Omnibus? Is totally awesome, and well worth the 125 or so they charge. )

( Also, as a completely unpaid advertisement, the Simonson Omnibus? Is totally awesome, and well worth the 125 or so they charge. )

I will definitely be investing in that at some point. :woot:

The Grandmaster and his 'Contest of Champions':

19991-3147-22304-1-marvel-super-hero-co.jpg

45 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 55 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

See, I can *hear* that, in the voices of Hopkins, Hemsworth, and Hiddleston.

Have they released the reprint yet?

Some Jack Kirby goodness:

Thor-157.jpg

44 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 54 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

Sorry for missing a couple of days there guys, still having internet issues. I really need to get that **** sorted out.

Thor%2B%2523351B%2Bby%2BWalt%2BSimonson%2B1985.jpg

41 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 51 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

I wonder if Thor will ever use a Godblast in the MCU or any of his other more exotic powers.

In death's grip...

thor150.jpg

40 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 50 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

This cover is pure Kirby, and also so damn Ragnarok. :woot:

a87803159f0b15f80aff13dc24da9576--jack-kirby-comic-covers.jpg

38 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 48 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

Hero Sif (I think?) carrying Damsel in Distress, Thor. :woot:

565b6a9f770b9_331241b.jpg

37 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 47 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

Closer and closer to that release date. Keep it up with the covers.

Closer and closer to that release date. Keep it up with the covers.

I can't believe how quickly it's flying towards us now, 5 weeks tomorrow until the UK release! :wow:

Another Defenders cover, the Hulk and Doctor Strange (with Namor) fight the Squadron Sinister:

30653339027b3f4d2efe4ec2f05633da--comic-book-covers-cover-art.jpg

36 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 46 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

This one is especially for -VisionsVision-

3168717-incrediblehulk60719.jpg

35 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 45 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

All hail the Death Queen. :ilv:

9ccce3439b27d0338552fd10426089cd--classic-comics-comic-covers.jpg

34 DAYS UNTIL THOR: RAGNAROK
DISCLAIMER: 44 DAYS UNTIL THE US RELEASE

Users who are viewing this thread