Comics Final page of ASM 698 is now online...

i like that though. I like all ends of the spectrum. hyper realism to extremely cartoony...the thing is Spider-Man is the type of character that can translate so well to either ends of the style spectrum when it comes to drawing

I'm all for diversity in artwork, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything.

I saw a major panel from 699 or 700 just a minute ago....
Basically, it showed that Peter is dead, I guess in heaven or something, and is speaking to Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben tells Peter that there is one last thing he has to do, then he should let someone else be Spider-Man.

Basically, it showed that Peter is dead, I guess in heaven or something, and is speaking to Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben tells Peter that there is one last thing he has to do, then he should let someone else be Spider-Man.

It's from 700. I posted a link in the main ASM thread in the Marvel forum a few days ago.

Interesting. I am even more intrigued if that was even possible.

At least the last three 100's issues have had peter talking to uncle ben. I wouldn't read too much into that, it's more tradition than anything else.

Well it's not just Uncle Ben. It's everyone who he's known and cared about that's died. I also saw him talking to Captain Stacy, Gwen, Marla Jameson etc.

Fantastic issue. What a cliffhanger.

Doc Ock is now officially Spidey's greatest villain, IMO. What a villainous journey he's been on since ASM #600, but this latest bit of nastiness takes the cake.

Norman Osborn eat your heart out.
This, to every bit and drop :up:

Goodbye, good run

Ock's mind in Peter's body and Peter's mind in Norman's body...

with Doc none the wiser when Peter/Norman eventually has his confrontation with Doc/Peter...

how effed up is THAT?... a different take on Spidey/Goblin history...

and I'll even take a chance and say that it'll eventually end up with somehow Peter mindswapping with Doc, with Peter regaining his own body and Doc's mind ending up in the body of Norman, thereby combining two of Spidey's greatest villains in a weird way...

Marvel is certainly not gonna let Doc and the Goblin fade away into complete obscurity... this is one possibility how they could continue to use both characters...

Doc in the body of Norman using all of Norman's resources, scientific and technological knowledge and expertise, as well as his own, making him even THAT much more dangerous...

hey, it's pretty wild, but I think it could work, as Doc's body is gone just as Norman's mind is gone... how ironic is all THAT?...

Well, I'm still excited to see where this goes. Dan Slott has done us well so far, so I'll see what he has in store. God willing, we won't be left with any One More Day "resets" of any sort, and that' all I ask of this.

Well, I'm still excited to see where this goes. Dan Slott has done us well so far, so I'll see what he has in store. God willing, we won't be left with any One More Day "resets" of any sort, and that' all I ask of this.

Dan Slott's done us well? That's laughable. AntiVenom, Screwball, and his stupid Harry retcon.

Dan Slott's done us well? That's laughable. AntiVenom, Screwball, and his stupid Harry retcon.

Big Time, new HobGoblin, Horizon Labs, Spider-Slayer/Marla Jameson, Spider-Island, Lizard story, Morbius, Ends of the Earth, New Sinister Six, return of Roderick Kingsley & Dying Wish...

Yeah... Dan has done an AWESOME job during his run... the stuff you find laughable was during the BND era... and the Harry retcon was no different than the Norman retcon...

I think you're laughable... :up:

:yay:

Big Time, new HobGoblin, Horizon Labs, Spider-Slayer/Marla Jameson, Spider-Island, Lizard story, Morbius, Ends of the Earth, New Sinister Six, return of Roderick Kingsley & Dying Wish...

Yeah... Dan has done an AWESOME job during his run... the stuff you find laughable was during the BND era... and the Harry retcon was no different than the Norman retcon...

I think you're laughable... :up:

:yay:

I_590344_2201672.gif

I'll give you the other 2 but how is Anti-Venom bad? I think he's awesome. I'm glad they're bringing him back soon.

AntiVenom and Harry were reasonable progressions in the stories for those characters. Frankly, I feel Marvel waited too long to bring Harry back after they brought Norman back.

Screwball...eh, I could have done without her.

AntiVenom and Harry were reasonable progressions in the stories for those characters. Frankly, I feel Marvel waited too long to bring Harry back after they brought Norman back.

Screwball...eh, I could have done without her.

Because Norman came back Harry should've stayed dead. Also Brock should've succumbed to the cancer. Since anyone can be Venom there's no reason to keep his former host alive. Also just switching the colors and calling him AntiVenom would be just as lazy as switching the red and blue on Spidey's costume and calling him Not Spider-Man.

At least we can't blame Slott for Acid Vulture. That unfortunately is Mark Waid and he must've had an off day to make a Slott standard super villain.

Last edited:
Spoiler pages are already up for 699. Don't GO LOOKING FOR THEM.

Last edited:
Dan Slott did a good work on the amazing spiderman series...and even if i think peter should be spiderman, i am realistic and i think that after 700 adventures, peter needs a break...but some times this Break is too much radical...and if i think that in the ultimate universe bendis killed off peter just to introduce a new story with a different guy, i also think that peter parker of 616 universe deserve a different, honorable end...i mean: in Ultimate, peter could have been Miles mentor, or at least be alive and taking a different direction in his life (after all, there are only 160 stories with ultimate peter parker, vs the 700 for TASM)...now, i just think that All Spidey writers are against peter..i just feel like that :3

Dan Slott did a good work on the amazing spiderman series...and even if i think peter should be spiderman, i am realistic and i think that after 700 adventures, peter needs a break...but some times this Break is too much radical...and if i think that in the ultimate universe bendis killed off peter just to introduce a new story with a different guy, i also think that peter parker of 616 universe deserve a different, honorable end...i mean: in Ultimate, peter could have been Miles mentor, or at least be alive and taking a different direction in his life (after all, there are only 160 stories with ultimate peter parker, vs the 700 for TASM)...now, i just think that All Spidey writers are against peter..i just feel like that :3

You make some very good points. I don't know if Peter needs to really take a break....but he is one of the characters that has been in multiple comics every single month. So maybe its the writers that need to take a break....

You make some very good points. I don't know if Peter needs to really take a break....but he is one of the characters that has been in multiple comics every single month. So maybe its the writers that need to take a break....

Thanks man, and yeah...i really think that.
After all, writing a good and enjoyable story needs time...and lately writers are overloaded.
The Ultimate Universe could have told really excellent stories about Peter.
Now i'm not against Miles, he is a good character. But they prematurely killed off PP...at least i have to say that he died heroically...now, this 616-ending is just Sad...and every aspect of Peter's life is Sad...this is not a new thing that Slott is giving to us. When we read about Peter, most of his stories are about death, misery and tears. So, do you want to conclude his run? Farewell, but do it with an happy ending.
Because Peter just needs it, an happy ending, considering that the word "happy" doesn't feature his run so much times.

In the future, we'll look at the 700th issue of our favorite Hero. And what will we say?
"Poor Peter Parker". Wait, we said this by years! IMO, this is not an "Epic" conclusion comic. It's just a sad escamotage to tell a new story.

New fan will arrive, that's good. That's what make marketing go on.
We all have to face an ending point, since every of us has one.
Just saying that Peter's ending point has gone too far bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"