Iron Fist Finn Jones IS Danny Rand / Iron Fist

Can we keep it to the appropriate thread, folks? PRETTY PLEASE!

For the matter at hand... I hope he doesn't have the floppy hair. >.> The curls take away from his credibility. YES, that is judgmental of me. No, I do not care.

I doubt he will. He has shorter hair in recent photos.

Finn looking like Danny Rand ripped out of the pages of the comic

LJyhruX.jpg

For those wondering if he will have the sense of humour, after doing a google image search for him, half of his pics are him making a funny face lol

Last edited:
In light of the Iron Fist casting, I guess Marvel wanted to cast Charlie Hunnam as Ghost Rider all along lol. Not sure what role Garrett Hedlund would play...

I'm more excited this show is finally happening. This is the show I've been waiting for more than Daredevil.

Not even stupid complainers will get me down about this.
That is the best thing about this news. It is actually happening. This was my most anticipated as well, though it is going to have to be special to compete with what Daredevil and Jessica Jones have already done.

Finn reminds me of a blend of a bunch of actors - at times and at differing angles Ewan McGregor, Jude Law, Matt Damon, Paul Walker, Heath Ledger, and then as the love child of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy

This

X-Men-First-Class-movie-image-James-McAvoy.jpg

Plus

This

FYhUzmi.jpg

Equals

This

Finn-Jones-Iron-Fist.jpg

Here is a recent picture of him with short hair from earlier this month

CaJLtYvWAAA61nm.jpg

Last edited:
So they cast a white actor to play a white character but the always rational internet wanted an Asian Kung Fu master? :loco:

they would've went Koba on the internet if they did hire the stereotypical Asian kung fu master !

another notch on the credibility belt of the internet lol

So they cast a white actor to play a white character but the always rational internet wanted an Asian Kung Fu master? :loco:

they would've went Koba on the internet if they did hire the stereotypical Asian kung fu master !

another notch on the credibility belt of the internet lol

The show is going to have Asian Kung Fu Masters anyway. It's unavoidable. I would have rather we'd gotten a fleshed out protagonist Asian Kung Fu Master, rather than just villains or secondary characters.

Is Marvel going to confirm this casting or not?

A lot of fans were leaning towards Charlie Hunnam as Iron Fist. Since that didn't pan out it makes more sense for him to be Johnny Blaze instead. Marvel will confirm it soon.

Given Colter said he was cast a while back, I wonder if Jones has shot some scenes for Luke Cage?

A lot of fans were leaning towards Charlie Hunnam as Iron Fist. Since that didn't pan out it makes more sense for him to be Johnny Blaze instead. Marvel will confirm it soon.

Have there been confirmed reports that Hunnam and Marvel are in talks for something?

Like Daredevil.

Yes, Daredevil also has that stereotype. And honestly, much as I loved DD, it didn't do much to subvert, deconstruct or comment on that trope.

Yes, Daredevil also has that stereotype. And honestly, much as I loved DD, it didn't do much to subvert, deconstruct or comment on that trope.
I watch japanese anime, and asian movie, and they have also a lot of martial artist asian guy.

This is from another thread talking about iron-fist.

I find it incredibly ironic people are willing to boycott Iron Fist over diversity when it's most likely going to be the most diverse cast of any superhero movie or show to date. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Not to mention the ignoring the character's own contributions to diversity, helping bring down barriers in the 70s with his relations with Luke Cage and Misty Knight, as well as being part of a series responsible for creating multiple new Asian characters ripe for usage in other books. People tend to be willfully ignorant of these facts for some reason.

I definitely understand, but the main difference is that those characters in the movie were actually whitewashed, wherein here, Danny's not.

I think Iron Fist can open up a lot of avenues for Asian actors. When you look at the amount of potential characters in the Iron Fist mythos who aren't white, I mean, Davos, the Thunderer, Sparrow, Prince of Orphans (possibly), Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, Dog Brother #1, Bride of 9 Spiders, Fat Cobra, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, the other 65 (66?) Iron Fists who are bound to appear in flashbacks, and possibly even Shang-Chi. And most of them are on par or better than Danny regarding martial arts, so it's confusing for me when people so harshly imply he's just another mighty whitey or white saviour.

As long as Misty and Colleen are involved and they get the character work and the same care as Foggy and Karen, or Trish and Luke we're all good.

Danny has the most diverse cast of any of the heroes that are getting shows.

Iron Fist - White Guy
Misty Knight - Black Woman
Colleen Wing - Asian Woman
Jeryn Hoggarth (Probable) - Lesbian White Woman
Luke Cage (Probable) - Black Man
The Thunderer - Asian Man
Steel Serpent - Asian Man
The Deadly Weapons - Asian men and women from different ethnic backgrounds.
All the people I'm forgetting from Kun Lun - Asian
Clare Temple - Black/Hispanic (She'll probably show up since she's in everything)

Most of the time he's literally the only white guy around when he's in his own world (his series or PM/IF) and not Avengering.

Danny is younger than Luke in the comics and I imagine the show will deal with him returning to New York after years in k'un lun so I expected him to be younger.

Colter doesn't look his age either.

Oh, I was just going off the general casting of elder men in Hollywood.

He looks his age to me.

I watch japanese anime, and asian movie, and they have also a lot of martial artist asian guy.

Asian media has lots of asian characters in it yes. Not really related to this topic.

I approve of the casting. Game of Thrones mishandled Loras Tyrell very badly, but Jones has always done a good enough job in the rare occasions he is given the opportunity.

I'm curious though, is he actually gay? Couldn't find an answer on the net.

Does it matter? I think it is great an actor's sexuality is becoming more of a non-issue nowadays. Ten years ago, it would be unthinkable to hire a gay actor to be an action lead. Today I rarely see anyone even asking.

Asian media has lots of asian characters in it yes. Not really related to this topic.
You remove "martial artist".

This is from another thread talking about iron-fist.
Yeah, I am also hype to learn the others cast.

Since Marvel still hasn't confirmed anything, I hope we don't have to wait until Daredevil S2 is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"