When should the Wonder Woman film be released?

Batman said:
Whedon has been said to be having difficulties writing the script, and has to continuously rewrite certain parts of it.

I think Whedon should just walk away from this project. Despite his best efforts it seems it's not working out for him at all. Better to walk away now than make a crap movie.

A lotta movies have a quite a few rewrites done on them. At least this time it's the actual director and not some studio stooges.

We know next to nothing about to film, to say Whedon should walk already is very premature, IMO.

CConn said:
A lotta movies have a quite a few rewrites done on them. At least this time it's the actual director and not some studio stooges.

We know next to nothing about to film, to say Whedon should walk already is very premature, IMO.

:doom: = Whedon + Wonder Woman

Therefore WW Sequels = :down

:up: = Wonder Woman - Whedon

Simple IMHO

Right now it doesn't seem like it will be ready before 2008. Late 2007 if we're lucky...

Keep count on how many pop culture references he throws in,

Darthphere said:
I think its crazy to start thinking about release dates and such when the script isnt even done.

Scripts are highly overrated...just ask the people over at Fox. :o:up:

Darthphere said:
Keep count on how many pop culture references he throws in,
Yes, because there were so many of them in Firefly :rolleyes:

Ronny Shade said:
Yes, because there were so many of them in Firefly :rolleyes:

Yeah, lol considering Firefly took place somewhere other than Earth.:o

Buufy and Angel 2 out of 3 son, dont play dumb.

ImperfectIcon said:
I think Whedon should just walk away from this project. Despite his best efforts it seems it's not working out for him at all. Better to walk away now than make a crap movie.

Because of some minor rewrites? No, we still don't know much about what he's developing for the film, other than the fact that he's creating a villain of his own. I'm interested on what he'll do with Wonder Woman, even if it turns out to be good or bad. Filming hasn't even begun yet, so it really isn't needed to say that he should leave the project.

ImperfectIcon said:
:doom: = Whedon + Wonder Woman

Therefore WW Sequels = :down

:up: = Wonder Woman - Whedon

Simple IMHO
You logic is impeccable.

Also, fire good, corporate america bad!

Darthphere said:
Yeah, lol considering Firefly took place somewhere other than Earth.:o

Buufy and Angel 2 out of 3 son, dont play dumb.
I don't recall many in his AXM run. And since that's of the same genre as Wonder Woman, I would think that to be the best indicator.

CConn said:
I don't recall many in his AXM run. And since that's of the same genre as Wonder Woman, I would think that to be the best indicator.

Its a different medium, though lines like "I like beer" might be a certain indication of his use of dialogue.

Darthphere said:
Its a different medium
I don't see how that'd matter too much with dialogue.
Darthphere said:
though lines like "I like beer" might be a certain indication of his use of dialogue.
That was spoken by Wolverine though, wasn't it? I really don't see WW saying that anytime soon. Although it would be hilarious.

CConn said:
I don't see how that'd matter too much with dialogue.
That was spoken by Wolverine though, wasn't it? I really don't see WW saying that anytime soon. Although it would be hilarious.

Dialogue in comic books dont necessarily make good movie dialogue.

Oh yeah, no it wouldn't. But we're talking about pop culture references.

they shouldn't bother
theres a multitude of superhero movies coming out
and she is not the most popular hero around

Thankfully she is more popular than about half of the superhero movies coming out, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I think Summer 2007 WOULD OF been a great time to release WW. With Joss, I'm hoping that this flick can break the 'bad female superhero' curse.

^^ we wish dude. but Joss isnt even done with the script yet :(

Honest to God, Joss has been working on it for a year already.

It's great that he and wB want a great movie..that's fine. But now, 2007 has an empty slot for DC.

I look forward to WW because it's a chance to see another hero (heroine) from DC to branch out, besides Batman or Superman.

I say 2008 for the film to be released. Joss is almost done with the 2nd draft of the script(which I hope the studio loves), and that will probably take another 2-3 months, then comes casting which will probably take 4-5 months if not more to find the perfect actress to play the role (since they will be seeing a lot! of actresses trying out for the part) then start filming.

And I dont want the film to be rushed and have them finally create all the effects 2 weeks before the film premires.

So a late 2008 release would sound good for me, since it should give them enough time to get everything done nice and good.

Plus I know that people would complain that they felt the film was rushed, if it came out in 2007 probably and it wasnt up to their standards(ala X3).

And people may not like Joss writing and directing this film but atleast he cares enough about it to make sure it is the best and I dont see any other writers who have tried to come up with a great script in the past years.

Octoberist said:
Honest to God, Joss has been working on it for a year already.

you a member of BlueTights? go to the WW forums and read up. we've been following the developement very closely.
on the last interview from Whedon he used the term "its like pulling teeth". that should give you a good idea of where this productions currently is at.

It's great that he and wB want a great movie..that's fine. But now, 2007 has an empty slot for DC.
i know :(. it was such perfect timing when WW started the development in 2005, if we had another guy who was more familiar with WW's lore this scriptwriting wouldnt have taken so long. to be honest, fans are getting a feeling that this production seems lost. nightmares of the production hell that plagued Superman seems to be happening for WW :(.

its really hard to say wen joss is still workin on a script, i mean geeze hasnt he been on this project for the past year now???

Late 2007 looks like a good choice as im sure WW wont need that much special effects as he's not havin her fly in this one.

But cast her alreay damn u whedon!!!

I've been assuming this is going to be a big budget production (like $ 100 million), but I wonder how big the budget will be? Maybe that assumption is incorrect. Joss brought Serenity in on a budget of $ 39 million. Maybe Warners sees Joss as someone who can make a great WW film on a relatively low ($ 60-75 million) budget.

What does everyone think? What kind of scale do you think Warners has in mind for WW?

Take your time Mr. Joss Weldon.

Please don't rush the delivery of brining WW to life on the big screen.

Please don't do what FOX and Rattner did with XM3:Rush hour.

Or what Elektra turned out to become.

Let WW be done when the movie is complete.

I hope the WB doenst rush you and alows you pleanty of time to deliver your Epic hand

- because I'm sure many eyes will be looking deep at the final result and looking forward to meeting WW on screen for the first time ever.

I'm sure you will deliver something amazing - but I hope we get to experience something more then just amazing from Wonders presance.

Perhaps the fullness of who she really is, her history, background and how she evolved into the Legendary WonderWoman.

The one female hero that is legendary above the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"