Days of Future Past Official First Class Sequel News, Reports & Rumours Thread

:up:

Just saw the video. Awesome. Hope they set a release date soon, though. Before all the good ones are taken.

If It comes out In 2013 It needs to be november so It can be out for at least a couple of weeks before the second Hobbit comes out.Just Imagne seeing trailer of sequel before
The Wolverine.

If It comes out In 2014 eather have It for memorial day or have It for late July like The Wolverine Is In next year.

Don't let an unannounced Marvel Studios film scare them out of memorial day release.By the way did you hear word Is Sony Isn't very happy with The Amazing Spider-Man.
And they hired Robert Orcia nd Alex Kurtzman to rewrite and executive produce the sequel because of It?You never heard any of that about first Class.And It's team Is
coming back.While the Amazing SPider-Man will still probally do better domesticly than First Class wouldn't It be funny If people rate First Class higher than the Amazing Spider-Man.

Consider this first Class a prequel never got this talk that this Amazing Spider-Man reboot got.And people blast Fox for trying to keep rights but they never went the direction Sony Is doing planning a sequel to film the executives apparently don't like just to keep the rights before the film even opens.

No way X-Men: 2nd Class is gonna come out in 2013! I just can't see two X-Men movies in just 1 year. And its gonna perform like The Matrix Revolutions in the box-office if they went with that.

You forget the Matrix sequels had much bad reaction.The Matrix Revolutions was pretty bad and a disasteras final part of trilgoy.The Matrix Reloaded while It made a lot of money had some bad reaction and Revolutions just sucked.

With Rise of Planet of Apes sequel coming out in SUmmer 2014 they may want It for late 2013 so Apes can be Fox's summer 2014 tentpole.Otherwise I think we are looking at
First Class sequel for Memorial day or June and Rise of the Planet of the apes Sequel for late july/August.

Yeah those Matrix flicks sucked! The Wolverine and FC2 will be two completely different movies. They will not feel similar at all. There should be no problem releasing both in 2013 if thts what they plan to do.

Exactly.Also consider with January start date Matthew Vaughn has a lot more time to write,prep and cast the new characters than he did with first class when he and Jane
Goldman had to write draft In 6 weeks and he had to work on prep as he was writing.If sequel wraps In June coming out 4 or 5 months after wraping Is normal for X-men films.
Both Vaughn and Bryan Singer previously had 4 months to complete post after wraping.Regardless relasesing some kind of trailer for sequel before The wolverine Is looking like a good possabilty and Fox would be stupid not to do that.

If they have the film 100% complete by the time fall rolls around, than why sit on it for 8+ months when you can release during the holiday season? They can still make the $$$ from a November/December date. If the movie is promoted well and if the movie is as good/or better than FC than people will pay up and go see it.

If It comes out In 2013 It needs to be november so It can be out for at least a couple of weeks before the second Hobbit comes out.Just Imagne seeing trailer of sequel before
The Wolverine.

If It comes out In 2014 eather have It for memorial day or have It for late July like The Wolverine Is In next year.

By the way did you hear word Is Sony Isn't very happy with The Amazing Spider-Man.
And they hired Robert Orcia nd Alex Kurtzman to rewrite and executive produce the sequel because of It?You never heard any of that about first Class.And It's team Is
coming back.While the Amazing SPider-Man will still probally do better domesticly than First Class wouldn't It be funny If people rate First Class higher than the Amazing Spider-Man.

Consider this first Class a prequel never got this talk that this Amazing Spider-Man reboot got.And people blast Fox for trying to keep rights but they never went the direction Sony Is doing planning a sequel to film the executives apparently don't like just to keep the rights before the film even opens.

Eh, Vanderbuilt wrote the initial Amazing Spider-Man film this July and it was re-written by other writers. He was then hired to write the sequel in 2014, which I believe you are talking about. Sound unhappy to you? If they green-lit the first film and are unhappy with the results then it's not a new writer they would be looking for but a new director. Ain't happening. And I "heard" lots of things myself, doesn't mean I give it credence. Sorry no dice.

I thought Jane Goldman did re-writes for FC.

Last edited:
I thought Jane Goldman did re-writes for FC.

She did. Stentz & Miller wrote their first couple of drafts, working with Goldman and Vaughn. Then during production, she rewrote some more.

That's why she has a co-writing credit for FC...

It will be coming out eather November/December 2013 or Summer 2014

Summer 2014 is the most likely candidate. Going up against Jennifer Lawrence's HG sequel Catching Fire plus Thor 2 in November would be commercial suicide. Early to mid-December 2013 is workable though.

But there is prime real estate still available in summer 2014. No mid-July spots staked out yet -- if Wolverine 2 does well late July 2013, Fox should be bold and schedule it for that time. July 11th or July 18th would be good.

We are probally looking at summer 2014 after I remembered about Catching fire and Thor 2.Remember Transformers 4 will be out for 4th of july weekend.I still say memorial day
Is more likely.Plus the rise of planet of the apes sequel Is coming 2014.It would be most likely to come end of july or first week of August.Memorial day weekend Is best time
for X-Men to come out.

COming out In December 2013 against the Hobbit:There are back again Is not a good thing.And June 2014 Is bad time.last year showed best ties to come out are May and july.

She did. Stentz & Miller wrote their first couple of drafts, working with Goldman and Vaughn. Then during production, she rewrote some more.

That's why she has a co-writing credit for FC...

Ah yes, now I remember, thank you. Not the first time under the sun, nor will it be the last. Jane Goldman for the win.

With Rise of Planet of Apes sequel coming out in SUmmer 2014 they may want It for late 2013 so Apes can be Fox's summer 2014 tentpole.Otherwise I think we are looking at
First Class sequel for Memorial day or June and Rise of the Planet of the apes Sequel for late july/August.

Its better for FOX to have Apes and 2nd Class in 2014 (thats two of their biggest hits last summer of 2011). Its like a gamble to put X-Men for a November or December release date. And I don't want the casual viewers to have a fatigue with the new X-Men films. Even if The Wolverine and X-Men: Second Class are two different films, its still a X-Men movie for most people.

Could The Wolverine be moved to April 2013, with X-men class 2 in early November ? They might want to release the movie around the same time as Hunger Game, so they could have free promotion ?

Wolverine shouldn't be moved to April and X-Men: 2nd Class shouldn't be released in November. You just want to see the movies earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"