First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!

Discussion in 'Thor' started by anrrd_2, Apr 30, 2010.

?

what do you think?

1. MULTIPLE JOYGASM!

2. pretty cool

3. still unsure

4. meh, kinda disappointed

5. WTF, really? FAIL!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Manowar Registered

In Civil War series Herc defeated Clor so Thor shouldn't have a problem.

That scene with Herc beating Clor was funny. Especially what Herc was saying as he fought him. It was like the 1988 election VP debate between Dan Quayle and Lloyd Benston.

Lloyd Benston/Hercules: I knew JKF/Thor
    Lloyd Benston/Hercules: JKF/Thor was my friend
    Lloyd Benston/Hercules: Your no JKF/Thou art no Thor!

That part in Civil War comic almost put a tear to my eye, LOL.

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Heh, yeah, that was a great scene. :up:

3. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I voted (a little late, yeah) "pretty cool", but really I'm somewhere between "pretty cool" and "MULTIPLE JOYGASM".... so I'm thinking "Multiple-Pretty-Cool-Gasm".

4. Verbal21 Registered

Same. Unlike most folks, who want the Thor "they grew up with", I was never really interested in him until after he got the new costume so I'm really excited he's not sleeveless. Can't wait for figures to come out now

5. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

6. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

An android clone of Thor.

7. Rock Sexton Registered

..... They have Clor AND Beta Ray Billy? Yikes.

8. Vartha Mod of Thunder

WE call him Clor but he's named Ragnarok.

9. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Ah right, Cheers Corp.

I think I may have to get that. I've just started buying comics again after 2 years of being in the wilderness (just read Seige and thought it was excellent. Man, Coipel is friggin' excellent) - I'm a definite sucker for the old 'evil-twin' thing.

It's probably my favourite kind of storyline.

10. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Go for it. Thor's series has been quite good ever since it relaunched in '08. Keiron Gillen is writing it now and he's doing a good job. The solicitations for future issues are a bit of a mess because of Marvel pushing the start of Fraction's run back by like four or five issues, but I'm pretty sure Thor and Clor have their showdown in the next issue and then Thor has to go to Hel to deal with the Disir, a group of ancient spirits who were basically Thor's grandfather Bor's attempt at creating Valkyries before Odin did. They apparently eat dead gods' spirits, so, y'know, fun. :D
    The two characters are totally unrelated. Beta Ray Bill's a trusted friend who was granted similar powers to Thor by Odin. Clor/Ragnarok is a cheap knock-off that Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and a Skrull impersonating Hank Pym stuffed with machinery to imitate Thor's powers.

11. jmc away for a while

Anyone know if there's a higher res version of that Thor image? I thought there was one but can't find it anywhere.

12. HUMANIMAL ...

edit:

decided to send it as a pm and not posting here again:word:

and here we ....go :-)

#637 HUMANIMAL, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  13. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

thanks for answer i was thinking it was a clone thor but i wasnt sure.

14. jmc away for a while

Thanks HUMANIMAL. :up:

15. HUMANIMAL ...

you're welcome!
    now i can't wait seeing your work

16. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

[​IMG]

IMO Thor is one of the hardest comic book characters to be brought to life outside the realm of comics and cartoons. And yet in this film Kenneth Branagh managed not only to achieve bring Thor to life in a spectacular way.

The God of Thunder: Thor - Chris Hemsworth was perfectly cast in this role. Thor is the God of Thunder, and the size Hemsworth was perfect for the role. Hemsworth was believable in his strength, voice, and how he carried the lead character. I loved how he altered his voice when Thor was arrogant to when Thor became humble selfless hero. Chris Hemsworth has a strong precense to him that he is noticed on-screen. He played Papa Kirk in the first ten minutes in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, and even in that short amount of screentime Chris Hemsworth was quite memorable.

In Thor Chris Hemsworth does the same thing, but no one steals the spotlight from one another in this movie. The cast is so perfectly casted that they support each other which increases the quality of the acting performances.

Anywho, going back to Thor I loved that they made a shout-out to Thor's alter ego Donald Blake in the film. I didn't know if they were going to do that or not, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the name tag on the shirt Jane Foster gave him.

Chris looked amazing in the costume.

The fighting by Thor was so iconic too!! Thor's fighting style was excellently portrayed and quite iconic from the hammer's ground twirl to how he flew.

I was quite impressed by Chris Hemsworth in this film, and I'm looking forward to seeing his interaction in The Avengers. There were many pivotal moments in the movie where Thor starts to evolve as a character, and in one specific part I did get a bit a teary eyed. I loved that the movie didn't end the movie with Thor automatically being perfect or anything of that nature, but rather saying to his father that he has a lot still to learn. Since they wrote the movie as the first installment in a trilogy you get a great foundation of what a great king Thor will be from his scarifices to taking accountabillity of being an arrogant boy in the last thirty minutes of the movie. It's a great progression for a character, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it in the sequel and in The Avengers.

:thor:

#641 The Caped Knight, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  17. BigThor God of Thunder

I agree 100%

#642 BigThor, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  18. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

This pic is iconic
    [​IMG]

19. Spideyfan93 Hayley Atwell I love you!

Wow, just brought back some nice memories from 2010.

I remember being in my high school library and finding out an image appeared for the 1st teaser image. I had the biggest grin on my face and I couldn't stop it. Great day.

20. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

21. Ultra Lantern In Darkest Night!

I thought it was pretty cool.

22. Juicy J Registered

I remember coming home from school one friday senior year, getting on the internet, and stumbling across that image on SHH....blew my freaking mind. Seriously, I texted everyone I knew, put it up on facebook, the whole works. That was a great day indeed :D