First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!

i doubt in the finished film it will look like rubber or plastic. As many of us posters have said we have well over a yr before film is released. And we dont know what kind of filters will been on the cameras while shooting, what enhancements with cgi and sound effects to make it all look just right.

Yeah,Webhead really got a point.It's too early to tell how it's gonna look on the screens in all its glory.:thor:

Glad the designers didn't take the easy way out when it came to the cape attachment. Anyone other than Marvel probably would have had it attach to the two top discs like in the current comics (my one and only gripe with the costume).

totally with a whole bloody year to release touch ups and special effects will make it pop even more. But right now it looks just great, pretty much current copiel design with a few modifications here and there like most comic to screen suits but good modifications.

i doubt in the finished film it will look like rubber or plastic. As many of us posters have said we have well over a yr before film is released. And we dont know what kind of filters will been on the cameras while shooting, what enhancements with cgi and sound effects to make it all look just right.

as long as it won't look like this ...right?

Ew. :csad:
The only issue I have is the arms. It looks cool drawn but would never work in real life, his arms would never bend. It reminds me of the problems with Ironman's looks before Granov, it would never work cuz metal doesn't bend like that. The only instance it does work in my opinion is with Colosus as his skin is some kind of organic metal. From the start I knew it would be an issue and always prefered the bare armed look for live action. But whatever, I'm happy to finally see Thor in any capacity.
Just say that the Asgardians have access to unusual materials that don't work the same as things on Earth. Maybe they do have some kind of magical metal that bends. :)

Maybe they do have some kind of magical metal that bends. :)[/QUOTE

the question is what kind of materail to use from our real world that looks like metal and bends like metal? and doesnt look cheap.

i think what they have now is good. it looks like a combination of fabric and metal . it bends and its good for wirework,greenscreen,reflections,......

yea it will probably turn out better that that lol.

Well, I seem to recall being one of the 1st on the Clash of the Titans thread to predict that they'd add some kind of 'majestic' light FX to Liam Neeson's armor when the 1st promo image was leaked and it got criticism for looking really dull.

Now, I'm not saying that they going to do the same here but I dont see why they cant use fx to polish it up a little.

yea i still believe between now and release the costume on screen with be enhanced just a bit to make it just right and have that look and sound.

Still a little unsure.
I see where they are going for. I just hope it looks better (less like rubber more like armor) on film than is does in the still.

I mean the tunic is supposed to be like cloth and leather with metal bucklers,

scalesample.jpg
<---- and the arms are like scale mail armor right?

Other than that… it is amazing. I am super happy they are sticking to the comics and not off “doing their own thing.”
I think its more like this.More like the one on the left.
9080_chain_mail_shirt_combo.jpg

I'm surprised people are complaining, tbh. It really doesn't deviate fro mthe comics all the much.

I thought the desired aim was to wear headlights on his nipples.... Batman And Robin did the same and that movie made over 100 million in Gold Bullion.....

green and yellow might not work quite as well on film as it does in the comics.

(I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so someone else may've already mentioned this). What they'd probably do is use a dark shade of green and use either dark gold or something with a slightly yellow hue (kinda like how the Green Goblin's helmet in SM had a slight purplish hue near the top).

I think it looks too plastic. :(

I think it looks too plastic. :(

I read somewhere that it may very well supposed to look the way it does and it may be some type of special asgardian material. I'll try and find the link now...

I read somewhere that it may very well supposed to look the way it does and it may be some type of special asgardian material. I'll try and find the link now...
Sounds like a cheap excuse to me.

Iron Man's armor looked like plastic in a lot of promo pics. On screen, in motion, with whatever post-production effects they put on it, I'm sure it'll look fine.

Iron Man's armor looked like plastic in a lot of promo pics. On screen, in motion, with whatever post-production effects they put on it, I'm sure it'll look fine.
they never changed iron mans metarials with CGI.neveeeeeeeeer.

before you start writting how they replaced hes parts with CGI go look the videos. the CGI iron man material looks like the real prop suit.

in Clash of Titans they added lens flares to Liam Neesons suit. lens flares. ok? my english is bad but its good enough to writte ............lens flares. it was a mirror like metalic suit. that kind of lens flares happen on mirror surfaces. Thor's material is not like a mirror. its looks like brushed material or anisotropic. they dont have lens flares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"