Marvel Spills Some Plot Points

It's close to what's in the first draft. That IS a nice summery of what happens.
I don't think they'll change anything with Loki, KS. Like Thor HIS origin needs to be told too. It wouldn't make sense to rearrange when Loki discovers Odin killed his real father.

One friend of mine some days ago said to me there's a new draft online, but I don't know where find this copy. I don't have a copy but I hope to find.

One thing I have mixed feelings on is the apparent adjustment of Loki's role. In the first script, one of the highlights for me was Loki's characterisation, seeing him fall from dutiful son to scheming trickster, and getting a glimpse of the internal conflict going on behind his transformation. But judging by this synopsis (which admittedly, doesn't tell us much), we're going to be having Loki as an already-established threat to Asgard. Though this is more accurate to comic book Loki (who always knew Odin killed his true father, rather than suddenly discovering it as an adult), we could be losing a compelling character arc.

I agree, I thought that as well. For me that's what was so intriguing to me... that we would see the events and development of Loki chosen path; instead of it simply being understood and picked up from there. Now obviously we still may get this; but again I totally agree, it does appear that Loki's path has already been establish after reading that.

One thing I have mixed feelings on is the apparent adjustment of Loki's role. In the first script, one of the highlights for me was Loki's characterisation, seeing him fall from dutiful son to scheming trickster, and getting a glimpse of the internal conflict going on behind his transformation. But judging by this synopsis (which admittedly, doesn't tell us much), we're going to be having Loki as an already-established threat to Asgard. Though this is more accurate to comic book Loki (who always knew Odin killed his true father, rather than suddenly discovering it as an adult), we could be losing a compelling character arc.
Just because he's the most dangerous villain, as described here, doesn't mean anyone (within the film) knows that he's the most dangerous villain ;)

This description sounds fairly close to the first draft to me

I can't wait to see how they'll show the Christian/Muslim God fight with Odin... that will be a sight to see on the screen!!! Esp with how they link to Asgard, Midgard and Heaven... will Lucifer be involved? How will Thor fight against all these deities and beings... subhan Allah

I can't wait to see how they'll show the Christian/Muslim God fight with Odin... that will be a sight to see on the screen!!! Esp with how they link to Asgard, Midgard and Heaven... will Lucifer be involved? How will Thor fight against all these deities and beings... subhan Allah

I never got into Marvel's Thor. In the comics do they really have a main God(the creator) as well as the Asgardians who I thought were THE gods in that series?

I never got into Marvel's Thor. In the comics do they really have a main God(the creator) as well as the Asgardians who I thought were THE gods in that series?

Different writers have approached the issue in different ways. In Stan Lee's original stories, Odin would make mention of the fact that he was not omniscient, and that there were powers in existence even greater than him.

A little later, the well-recieved story "Whatever Gods There Be" dealt with this issue of religion, with a priest brought into a crisis of faith by the fact that Thor was a God who stepped in to help an attack on his Church, while "his" God did nothing. And Thor in fact helps restore the priest's faith, both in his God and in himself.

And early in the second Mighty Thor volume of the late 90s, Thor is confronted by a child who tells him her mom says he's an affront to God. And Thor says something like he may be a higher being, but he's not the highest being, and Thor's existence should do nothing to stop the girl's mother from believing whatever she chooses.

Here's an interesting page discussing the relationship between Thor and religion in Marvel Comics:

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Thor.html

................. thank God this is the story arch they went with. I thought former draft going around the net was awful in helping to suspend the disbelief of ever being a part of the Avengers on screen (not talking comics). This helps to make up for not signing Skarsgard.

Either way this is a much better story than a nerd dressed up in a ridiculous costume having to save his stubborn girlfriend over and over again, and better than 4 unqualified astronauts going into space to only return to earth very annoying.

Why are people asking to be PMed a script that no one on here has?

heh everyone who WANTS to know wants the rewrites. KS

See ya later, I'm going to bed. it's 310 am here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"