First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!

They "enchanced" the Armor's look, not replaced Dark b. They used filters to make the armor look like metal.

yea really the suit looks dam fine, its close to comics look with a few modifications like most comics to films do. And ya as its been stated over and over we have over a yr to the film's release. So post production will touch up and enhance the suit's look and sound effects and all that too added in.

they never changed iron mans metarials with CGI.neveeeeeeeeer.

before you start writting how they replaced hes parts with CGI go look the videos. the CGI iron man material looks like the real prop suit.
translation-
I have no credibility

Of course they changed it, dude. Unless you're being sarcastic. Just look at set pics, then footage. There's more shine and it looks more metallic.

They "enchanced" the Armor's look, not replaced Dark b. They used filters to make the armor look like metal.
i am watching every f.... video about CGI since i am a fan and i am doing it in my free time.

i would knwo if there was a ''filter'' to enchance a plastic looking material. in the first movie you saw a CGI version of iron man or they replaced the arms with CGI and legs. but they never enchanced.

every year the same. go in the Rise of the Silver thread from 2007 to see how noone knew what they were talking about.

translation-

Of course they changed it, dude. Unless you're being sarcastic. Just look at set pics, then footage. There's more shine and it looks more metallic.
show me the set pics and show me the change in the movie.

While I am satisfied with what they went with and give them props for keeping it close to the comics.I actually kind of miss his original outfit and wished in a way they would have gone with it.​

Not only that but he looks more like a Tough Viking and less like a Knight(Medival) without the Armor.And Tough!!!!!!
Below depics how I compare both outfits when I think about it.
107_THOR_609.jpg

I mean who needs Armor if you a god anyway????

Last edited:
While I am satisfied with what they went with and give them props for keeping it close to the comics.I actually kind of miss his original outfit and wished in a way they would have gone with it.​

Not only that but he looks more like a Tough Viking and less like a Knight(Medival) without the Armor.And Tough!!!!!!
Below depics how I compare both outfits when I think about it.
107_THOR_609.jpg

I mean who needs Armor if you a god anyway????

So why would the Gods need weapons? Or better yet why the Destroyer Armor need to be created to protect a whole Pantheon of Gods?

God or not, there's always a bigger fish in the pond... Thats why.

So why would the Gods need weapons? Or better yet why the Destroyer Armor need to be created to protect a whole Pantheon of Gods?

God or not, there's always a bigger fish in the pond... Thats why.
Ahh...Okay,okay point taken however I meant on earth.Anyway I still like his older outfit better.

Last edited:
Any word on whether or not he's going to have the winged helmet?

I believe that we will be getting the winged helmet, although for the life of me, I cant recall seeing any official confirmation; just talk on here.

And is that Clor in Thor #609? I've been out of the comics loop for a while...............

No official responce BUT Elba said Thor does wear a helmet. He was on a talk show in England and they talked about Hiemdall's helmet and Thor's helmet. The host put on the Lord Thor helmet and they gave Elba a plastic Viking Helmet. lol

Ahh...Okay,okay point taken however I meant on earth.Anyway I still like his older outfit better.
Well depending on how the Movie origin goes, Thor IS banished to Earth far away from any healers of Asgard it would make sense to be protected.
In the RECENT return it made sense for Thor to wear armor because for awhile he had nobody around until he called them back and he was called back expecting to be needed.

In the past the Wreaking Crew shot Hogun with a gun that had Asgardian enchantments, wounding him mortally.

There's all kinds of reason's Thor would need to wear armor

hey never know if in sequels or even another part of the film thor could be wearing another costume/outfit. As for the helmet yea its been stated countless times he will be wearing the helmet in the film. The first press release of costume he is just not wearing it there.

I have a feeling this is only one outfit we'll see Thor in. His Asguardian look will be like the released photo, but I think he will probably look more like the Ultimate version for the Avengers, although I don't want to see the Ultimate Mjohlnir, it looks stupid IMO.

I hope not. Ulty Thor's costume needs to stay out of the movies.

I think it would be very cool if Iron Man was all about studyinging Thors Armor. Only to find on an elemental level it is like nothing he has ever seen.

Well, it is only logical that Tony would take an interest in Thor's armor and it's properties.

It could even be as little as showing Tony's suit doing a scan of Thor and having the result say 'unidentified metal' or something.

Although it is kind of cheasy....wouldn't it be cool if Thor gave up his Chain on his arms and used several powerful lighning bolts to help mold and forge the final layer of Caps Shield at some point.

Giving us a bare armed Thor in the middle of the Avengers.

I know it's wrong... for THor to be a part of Cap's shield... but damn it would be a cool and huge show of faith/trust between Thor and Captain America.

Well what could be done is when he is in Asgauard you know just chillin hanging out and relaxing he could have the old one on but when he goes into war he puts on the new one on.That would awesome however I don't he has the guns to pull it off.You need really big big guns to pull off the first suit.However with the Latex looking metal ones the arms can be made to look bigger which to me I think is the real reason they went with Latex on the Metal instead of Armor Mesh.However it would have been more realistic to build up on the arms then put the Armor mesh over it.Anyhow It would be great to see the original outfit.That's one thing I got to give the Ghost Rider Movie props for they found a way to incorporate both of the Leather Jackets.

I s'pose it's a matter of opinion.

Or maybe a matter of denial :oldrazz: C'mon Dude that looks like plastic man just look at it. It's completely mising any mettalic features. Even the arc reactor looks like a cheap plastic covering for bulbs.

Magic of Post production man Magic of post production

I believe that we will be getting the winged helmet, although for the life of me, I cant recall seeing any official confirmation; just talk on here.

And is that Clor in Thor #609? I've been out of the comics loop for a while...............
Yep, that's Clor. It's not #609, though. That cover got pushed to May's issue, along with (hopefully) the showdown between Thor and Clor. So far, we've only seen Clor fight Volstagg while Thor's been stuck dealing with a bunch of stuff in Siege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"