• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fist fights...

The Man Of 16

Civilian
Reaction score
This guy thats a really good guy, Ive kind of wanted him as a friend, he got really drunk tonight (and then became a jerk) and pushed this chick really hard into me. I couldnt catch her in time, but I helped her up. After that I told him not to push her or anyone at the party. And I pushed him back.

Next minute you know were squaring off and he comes at me. He's landed 2 punches to my forehead, knocking my glasses kind of crooked on my face. I contain him for a minute just to get the glasses off my face, but he knocks them off again, with a punched that just grazed me. After they land on the floor, I was hoping that my glasses wouldnt break. I wasnt thinking of how he was going to hit me, because I can take my hits, i was focused on my glasses. I'm thinking perfectly clear while this is going on. Well since I had grabbed him by his shirt, I decided to swing at him because he didnt seem like he was going to stop. I remember the look he had on his face just before I waled him in the face, that look of fear. But I didnt stop. With my right fist (that was already on the left of his face, now) I backhand punch him. Then I looked down, for my glasses and swung. I landed the punch, but I was looking for my glasses.

He was knocked out.

Now, I just feel like breaking down and crying. I realized it wasnt that I was in a fight. It was that I'm sick of hurting people. It always has to be me to win, and I frighten myself, because its too easy. And I'm sick of it. As I'm typing this my eyes are watering up.

After the fight. Everyone said they respected me. The guy who stole my beer bong gave it back. Everyone tried to justify what I had done, but I couldve as easily contained him. Why couldn't I have contained him and told him I dont want to fight.

Im going to go ice my forehead. And go to sleep.

I just lost a friend. This sucks.

You're better off. Just try to control your temper and seek a diplomatic solution next time. Always diplomacy before war. Because if you've exhausted every effort to reason and rationalize with some idiot, then you have every right to lay the spankdown on them after they refuse a passive settlement. Most people are willing to be reasonable, though.

If he's truly the good guy you say he is he'll realize that people do stupid things when they are drunk...and he'll get over it after time passes. I don't see anything wrong with what you did and if he was that drunk he might not even remember most of it. Call it a life experience and move on.

Man, that just sounds like a sad crappy situation. But you can't beat yourself up to much for it, it was a fight a this guy attacked you and even my cowardly self knows that sometimes you gotta defend yourself.:dry:

Also, I find it cool that you can look back and contemplate and learn from your mistakes and that what makes people better.

Duuude...

dont beat yourself up about it.

Men + Alcohol = Fights.

Not me.

Me + Alcohol = Legendary dance moves.

I have references.

If I may...

You're what? Seventeen? If some ******* decides to get drunk and push women, do you REALLY want him as a friend? And if you're tired of fighting, then simply don't. Take zen or something.

I'd have done exactly what you did in that situation. The difference is I'm a skinny little girl, so the ownage would have been so much sweeter.

You pretty much always feel bad after fights. Don't sweat it. Once the hormones calm down you'll be fine. I haven't got into a fight for about three years.

This guy thats a really good guy, Ive kind of wanted him as a friend, he got really drunk tonight (and then became a jerk) and pushed this chick really hard into me. I couldnt catch her in time, but I helped her up. After that I told him not to push her or anyone at the party. And I pushed him back.

Next minute you know were squaring off and he comes at me. He's landed 2 punches to my forehead, knocking my glasses kind of crooked on my face. I contain him for a minute just to get the glasses off my face, but he knocks them off again, with a punched that just grazed me. After they land on the floor, I was hoping that my glasses wouldnt break. I wasnt thinking of how he was going to hit me, because I can take my hits, i was focused on my glasses. I'm thinking perfectly clear while this is going on. Well since I had grabbed him by his shirt, I decided to swing at him because he didnt seem like he was going to stop. I remember the look he had on his face just before I waled him in the face, that look of fear. But I didnt stop. With my right fist (that was already on the left of his face, now) I backhand punch him. Then I looked down, for my glasses and swung. I landed the punch, but I was looking for my glasses.

He was knocked out.

Now, I just feel like breaking down and crying. I realized it wasnt that I was in a fight. It was that I'm sick of hurting people. It always has to be me to win, and I frighten myself, because its too easy. And I'm sick of it. As I'm typing this my eyes are watering up.

After the fight. Everyone said they respected me. The guy who stole my beer bong gave it back. Everyone tried to justify what I had done, but I couldve as easily contained him. Why couldn't I have contained him and told him I dont want to fight.

You probably haven't lost a friend, because he probably won't remember what he's done, so I wouldn't worry.

Odds are that within a couple of weeks, he'll admit that he was wrong and you both can pick up where you left off.

He was knocked out.

well, that's a crappy situation and everything, but dude, please... don't try to make yourself out to be like, the hulk or anything. the way you worded that, just sounds like you're trying to make yourself sound like some kind of badass who's goes around beating people up all the time, but you feel bad about it because you have a heart of gold and you do it to protect women everywhere.

you got in a fight, you won, good for you, you'll get over it.

You don't understand, I've never lost a fight in my life. After a while, it gets to you.

You don't understand, I've never lost a fight in my life. After a while, it gets to you.

Just go out and attack the biggest guy you can find or go to a martial arts studio and attack the biggest black-belt you can find.

Problem solved.

cry me a river then.

if you don't want to fight, and you're "so sick of hurting people" then don't. it's not like you live in a ghetto and have to fight for your survival. if you don't want to fight, then don't. but don't make yourself out to be some kind of tragic hero that's only doing things because he has no other choice.

It always has to be me to win, and I frighten myself, because its too easy. And I'm sick of it. As I'm typing this my eyes are watering up.

oh give me a freakin' break! boo hoo, you never lose a fight. what a burden to bear. :rolleyes: you don't want to fight? then DON"T FIGHT!! put down the violin and stop acting like you have no choice in the matter.

So how's your glasses? broken?

istockphoto_206728_broken_glasses_man.jpg

sorry, i think this is all fooey made up by this kid to make him sound like a total "badass".

i don't buy it.

So how's your glasses? broken?

istockphoto_206728_broken_glasses_man.jpg

They're Nike Flex-ons. So they didn't break.

And guys. That kid I got in a fight with just sent this email to me "Brad, you knocked me the **** out, haha, and my face is so ****ed."

So I think he realizes that he was in the wrong. Things might be alright, after all.

you don't have to... i was just saying, i think you're full of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"