For Americans after Borat!!!!

Whirlysplat

Superhero
Reaction score
A lot is being sad in America about Sasha Baron Cohen. Baron Cohen got his break under a far greater comedian. A true Genius called Chris Morris on The 11 O'Clock show. Morris first big show was The Day Today and the "sick comedy" which had bubbled under in On the Hour and The Day Today found full release, however, with Brass Eye, another spoof current affairs television documentary show, shown on Channel 4. Brass Eye later became known for its central device of tricking celebrities and politicians into throwing their support behind public awareness campaigns for made-up issues that were often absurd or surreal in the extreme (such as a designer drug called 'cake' and an elephant with its trunk stuck up its anus). In 2001 a reprise of Brass Eye on the subject of paedophilia led to a record-breaking number of viewer complaints at the time.

A taste of Morris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89gLJIcRt8&mode=related&search=

Morris on a talk show, he is wearing the glasses

for a treat watch his pedophile special you need to sign in to youtube to see it.

- Whirly

Cohen and Morris both dream of being Andy Kaufman.

jag

jaguarr said:
Cohen and Morris both dream of being Andy Kaufman.

jag

Kaufman was funny, Morris goes to places no one else dares. He is special.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Kaufman was funny, Morris goes to places no one else dares. He is special.

- Whirly

I think everyone has to have some respect for Andy Kaufman who was the progenitor of this type of kamikaze style comedy.

I think Morris and Cohen both have some cast iron balls to attack targets like they do.

Hollow Wood Director said:
I think everyone has to have some respect for Andy Kaufman who was the progenitor of this type of kamikaze style comedy.

I think Morris and Cohen both have some cast iron balls to attack targets like they do.

I agree Kaufman was hilarious, I think Jim Careys most underated performance was in "Man on the Moon". I grew up on "Latka". However why Morris is different is the way he uses this approach to satire really complex issues like media driven moral panics, he would make Cohen and not Sasha Cohen proud.

- Whirly

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"