Brüno......

Saw this in the drive in, thank god because we got to watch another movie as well (Public enemies) I feel sorry for anyone who paid 12 bucks to see Bruno. So many cars left during Bruno. Even my GF who made me go to the drive in so she could see Bruno thought it was garbage.

I suppose if one finds flopping penis's, pretend blow jobs and such funny then this is the movie for you.

You saw this at a drive in , lol . I'm suprised they would show it there.

Anyone have any "reports" of homophobic friends/family's reactions on this film? I know one left within the first 20 minutes, and the other was pretty much pissed after the movie was over.

It's pretty enjoyable seeing the same demographic this movie was criticizing, being the most offended. :funny:

I can't believe homophobes would even want to watch the film. Didn't they see the advertising? What'd they think they were going to get? :funny:

Homophobes... hilarious. The very fact that they would want to see the movie in the first place is the most hilarious thing ever IMO. What on Earth could have made them think that it would be a good fit for them?! :hehe:

Thought some of you might get a laugh from this, it's from one of the local cinema's in Navan, Ireland;

[YT]euP2PNQGFtY[/YT]

That is pretty funny.

I think it's hilarious that there have been walkouts and demands for refunds leading to cinemas feeling they need to issue these type of disclaimers.

Dont these people even have clue what the movie and its main character is all about??

It's like going to a boxing match and wanting a refund because there were guys trying to punch each other and it was too violent..................

Some people are just stupid and probably didn't think it would be "that bad". Other people are probably complaining so they can get something for free.

Do Drive-in's still exist?

Only time I've ever even saw one is in a movie..................

lol. yes they still exist :) It is actually a good way to watch some "lesser" movies. Pay 12 bucks and watch 2 movies.. sometimes 3 or 4 on "all nighters".

I wouldn't go to watch a blockbuster the first time. But it is a good way to watch movies I would otherwise not spend 12 bucks on to watch by itself.

If you have a good speaker system in your car and a clean windshield it is not too bad.. unless you have a giant flopping penis to look at.. then you wish you had a dirty windshield. :csad:

That is pretty funny.

I think it's hilarious that there have been walkouts and demands for refunds leading to cinemas feeling they need to issue these type of disclaimers.

Dont these people even have clue what the movie and its main character is all about??

It's like going to a boxing match and wanting a refund because there were guys trying to punch each other and it was too violent..................
Its crazy. I can understand when the general audience behaves this way with films such as say.... Watchmen, but this is just ridiculous. Do people just blindly go to the theater these days?

Last edited:
I still want to see this movie, but I might just rent it. The trailer was hilarious though.

That is pretty funny.

Some people are just flat out moronic. Theres just no way around it.

To be fair, I'm not one bit homophobic but even *I* was surprised at the things he pulled in this movie. Honestly, who saw that flopping/talking penis coming? :funny:

People probably thought he would be the "safe" gay type, which is to say there wouldn't be anything there that would be overt enough to make them uncomfortable.

To be fair, I'm not one bit homophobic but even *I* was surprised at the things he pulled in this movie. Honestly, who saw that flopping/talking penis coming? :funny:

People probably thought he would be the "safe" gay type, which is to say there wouldn't be anything there that would be overt enough to make them uncomfortable.

But if you saw the Borat movie you should have seen this coming. The Borat character wasn't gay but there was still man on man nudity and *********ion jokes.

You had to have known he was going to take it further in this movie.

Rented this a few days ago. Nowhere near as funny as Borat, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't laugh out loud occasionally. I also didn't have a problem with the film's nudity or outrageous moments. The only problem I had with the film was its pacing and some of it felt too...staged, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, alot of it did feel staged. Borat was better, but this film was hilarious especially to fans of 'Da Ali G Show' like myself. I just wish Cohen would of done a "real" Ali G movie instead of that piece of crap completely scripted one from a couple years ago.

Rented this a few days ago. Nowhere near as funny as Borat, but I'd be a liar if I didn't laugh out loud occasionally. I also didn't have a problem with the film's nudity or outrageous moments. The only problem I had with the film was its pacing and some of it felt too...staged, if that makes sense.

Makes total sense, and I agree.

I still think the best part of Bruno for me is the part where he interviews the parents for the baby photo session and the cage match at the end.

Aside from the cage match , the talking penis , i think Brüno ghost-handjobbing the Milli-Vanilli guy definately was my favorite moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"