Brüno......

IDK, a lot of the trailer bits weren't in the movie.

lol............it's not about what political alignment one is in judging this movie, not for people outside of the US anyway. It's about wanting clever and subtle comedy (which Sacha has been excellent at before this movie), which this movie was for the most part devoid of.

I'm sorry, but I just don't find a big flopping penis on screen for more than 10 seconds funny.

He couldn't even make the hicks and Ron Paul look like idiots without resorting to tactics that to be honest anyone would be freaked out by. The hicks surprisingly showed some restraint until Sacha had to resort to getting naked and approach them with condoms in darkest night. Again, I find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn't be freaked out by that. That goes for republican and democrat.
sums up my feelings almost perfectly, it used to be funny before when he was showing americans prejudice against gay people, however like you said the behaviour in this would have freaked anyone out, sasha should have watched some of the louis theroux in us series and gone to some of those places (the destruction derby place wherever that was would have worked well) but this movie was so in your face - still got 3 ali g series to go back to

when the pee hole says 'bruno', and then the camera zooms in, that was pretty crazy.

meh it was attempted shock humour - which neither shocked me or made me laugh

the beauty of sasha show was always bringing out peoples racist/homophobic feelings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milli_Vanilli

yeah, Bruno was a lot sillier and less cohesive compared to Borat. IMO Cohen has a better handle on how to perform as Borat. but there's funny bits all throughout the movie. i'd definitely watch it again on dvd.

btw- when he was interviewing Ayman Abu Aita, oh man... that guy looked like a stone cold murderer, and Cohen is just vamping it up. I was pretty stunned, that's one scary dude and just to waste his time and make him fun of him so hard is mind boggling.

the self defense trainer was pretty great too. it highlighted a certain ignorance imo. gay people aren't like vampires, you don't get gay. tho I'm relieved I now know how to stop a man with 2 *****s.

This movie was great. You gotta see it to believe it, Scarcrow! :p

I'm actually seeing it again this weekend. :D

My step-dad was telling me that Bruno was on the Howard Stern show either yesterday or this morning (7/13/09). From what he told me, it was a wildly funny interview.

One of the jokes that I heard from him was pretty funny. Bruno had everyone believe that, during wild sex, he himself scratched Seal's (the singer) face. Bruno also asked, "What's the difference between Seal and a seal at the zoo?" .. "Seal can hold TWO balls in his mouth at the same time."

xD!!!

If someone could get more information from this interview, or perhaps a recording.. that'd be amazing. I'm not sure if we can, though?

How many interviews has there been, anyway? Today show, the Letterman appearance, Conan and The Tonight Show.. what else?

Tons more. I'm sure the guy has to be relieved that the film has finally been released after all the press he's been doing.

Just seen it, and all i got too say is LMAO! sooooo funny but definitely a 8 out of 10 because the comedy died down at some parts and took a while for it to start back up again.

Saw the movie last night - shockingly funny.

Similiar in approach to Borat but the style of humour has been shifted; there are honestly things in that film that I could not beleive I was seeing - the audience were in histerics at times.

it's not going to be his most popular character , lol . especially when word gets out about all the penis.
I wonder in a couple of years when Bruno gets shown on network TV how the censors will edit that whole scene.

I guess by then a man's penis will be acceptable for TV. :wow:

I wonder in a couple of years when Bruno gets shown on network TV how the censors will edit that whole scene.

I guess by then a man's penis will be acceptable for TV. :wow:

Doubtful.

My step-dad was telling me that Bruno was on the Howard Stern show either yesterday or this morning (7/13/09). From what he told me, it was a wildly funny interview.

One of the jokes that I heard from him was pretty funny. Bruno had everyone believe that, during wild sex, he himself scratched Seal's (the singer) face. Bruno also asked, "What's the difference between Seal and a seal at the zoo?" .. "Seal can hold TWO balls in his mouth at the same time."

xD!!!

If someone could get more information from this interview, or perhaps a recording.. that'd be amazing. I'm not sure if we can, though?

A big part of it is on youtube , it's hilarious. He makes a funny comment about keeping black people in a box when he sees robin in the booth.

Anyone have any "reports" of homophobic friends/family's reactions on this film? I know one left within the first 20 minutes, and the other was pretty much pissed after the movie was over.

It's pretty enjoyable seeing the same demographic this movie was criticizing, being the most offended. :funny:

Anyone have any "reports" of homophobic friends/family's reactions on this film? I know one left within the first 20 minutes, and the other was pretty much pissed after the movie was over.

It's pretty enjoyable seeing the same demographic this movie was criticizing, being the most offended. :funny:

xD!!!

I heard one part where he said "Hitler wasnt gay, he was a *****." And I lol'd pretty hard.

Oh God, an even better part of the Howard Stern interview...

Howard: Arent you in danger of getting cancer from the ass bleaching cream? Arent you nervous about something like that?"
Bruno: .... Ish dont know, ish dont care. I've got a clean shtinker.

:lmao:

I can't believe how unfunny this movie was. It was just awful.

Drill Sergeant 1: Oh my gosh! You gotta be out of your mind.
Drill Sergeant 2: What kind of belt is that, candidate?
Bruno: D&G.
Drill Sergeant: What is D&G?
Bruno: Dolce & Gabbana, hello
Both Drill Sergeants: Hello?!

I kind of wonder if that part was staged because the back and forth between them was too good. :D

I really thought this movie was just garbage. I do not know how anyone could find it even the slightest entertaining (everyone is entitled to their opinion though).

Saw this in the drive in, thank god because we got to watch another movie as well (Public enemies) I feel sorry for anyone who paid 12 bucks to see Bruno. So many cars left during Bruno. Even my GF who made me go to the drive in so she could see Bruno thought it was garbage.

I suppose if one finds flopping penis's, pretend blow jobs and such funny then this is the movie for you.

I personally just sat there the entire time and every time he did something that I knew he was doing in order to be "funny".. it just was not.

But that is just my opinion. (sure glad I did not pay for this.. sad that my GF is out 20 bucks... glad we saw Public Enemies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"