Superman Returns For those who DIDN'T like SR.....do you still like Superman?

Superman (78) will always be my favorite movie no matter what Singer does.

Is Bryan Singer trying something for you to stop liking Superman The Movie? :huh:

Hi there El Payaso! :)

El Payaso said:
He's doing the sequel pal.

No sequel I'll be paying to see unless its the biggest u-turn in movie history.

Superman Returns totally sickened me. I have lost all confidence in the creative team behind the movie franchise to the extent that I simply cannot see them turning things around.

El Payaso said:
Have a nice 2007.

Well I'm looking forward to Ghost Rider, 300, Spider-man 3, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Transformers, so cinematically speaking I do indeed plan on having a nice 2007. :woot:

yah....the only thing that will interest me in seeing a sequel is if Singer, somehow, reveals that the kid is NOT Superman's. until then, I'm not looking forward to any sequel in the current movie franchise.....

Ok SR was bad movie but the action was awesome...but i think the next movie they make of superman should have someone liek doomsday in it or someone who has powers adn can aleast put up good fight??? EH EH

Kid_Kaos said:
Funny question. Just because that movie rapes my favorite character doesn't mean I burn my DVD collection or anything. It's just one cappy movie that will be forgotten within the next few years anyway.

The Superman character is unbreakable, just like the "Look Up in the Sky" documentary proves. One day, there'll be "Superman Begins" and I will smile about the crappy versions that lead to it.

Just like Batman ... :word: :woot:

lets pray for that...JOHN BYRNE writes a MAN OF STEEL BEGINNING for cinema !

super-bats said:
hey all,

as the title suggests, this thread is STRICTLY for those of us who DIDN'T like SR......

I was just curious to see how many of you guys and gals hated SR but still love Superman.

Did SR turn you off from the character completely?

Or, are you holding out hope that someday, in the future, we will get a TRUE Superman movie that surpasses the Donner films with a new direction that embodies all of the qualities that we love about Supes?

again, fans of SR need not apply........

Superman is my favourite character, ok nowadays it is Batman, but its an iconic character that I loved so much as a kid and I still love it.

I really wanted to love Superman Returns, but I cant.

Thats not Superman, thats not the way he should be... a stalker,beer drinker and patch work family problems. I dont want to see this crap again.

Hey there! :)

BATMAN SUPERMAN said:
Ok SR was bad movie but the action was awesome...

What movie were you watching!? Superman Returns was almost totally devoid of action. Plane rescue scene was good...after that there was nothing. It was a snooze-a-thon!

Exactly. What action? Superman getting shanked in the kidneys with a piece of kryptonite?

And I hardly call Superman stoping a plane action? But it sure was original...

I still like Superman, and someone else will come around one day and deliver another epic Superman movie like Donner did.

Mr. Socko said:
Erm, that WAS action. Just because it wasn't a fight doesn't mean it wasn't action. This isn't debateable.

Upper_Krust said:
Hi there El Payaso! :)

Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!

Upper_Krust said:
No sequel I'll be paying to see unless its the biggest u-turn in movie history.

Superman Returns totally sickened me. I have lost all confidence in the creative team behind the movie franchise to the extent that I simply cannot see them turning things around.

You'll be paying. And you know this already.

Upper_Krust said:
Well I'm looking forward to Ghost Rider, 300, Spider-man 3, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Transformers, so cinematically speaking I do indeed plan on having a nice 2007. :woot:

And from your movies selection it will be a great crappy cinemathographic year for you. No wonder why some better movies sicken you. :meow:

Mr. Socko said:

Yes. I'd call it "Things I didn't plan to do today."

Upper_Krust said:
Superman Returns totally sickened me. I have lost all confidence in the creative team behind the movie franchise to the extent that I simply cannot see them turning things around. :woot:

I completely agree, and if nothing has changed, rest assured I will not go see it... I'll download it illegally instead.

I will not support it in any way.

Of course!

A sheetee film or 2 will never taint the immortal-awesomeness of the character for me. Same goes for Batman.

well see, Nolan understood Batman through and through... I have great faith in him with TDK.

I'm looking forward to it, but I am worried about how the joker will be portrayed.
kakarot069 said:
well see, Nolan understood Batman through and through... I have great faith in him with TDK.

I still love Superman, I just don't see SR as a Superman film, as I did not see Superman.

Of course! I was ecstatic to see Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut precisely because I still enjoy the character. There are aspects of SR that I like and much I don't. Singer just didn't "get" Superman. I hope he listens and makes SR II much truer to the Man of Steel we all know and love.

ummm......do you think Singer will make the next movie a complete restart?

Some people say that, now that Singer has done his "Donner-inspired" movie, he is "free" to make a Superman movie more in line with his "vision." IOW, the next movie will be more "Singer's movie."

Well, if the next movie will be more "Singer's movie," then, perhaps, he can just restart the franchise with nothing to do with SR or the Donner movies.......

not likely.....but just a thought......

El Payaso said:
Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!

Howdy El Payaso dude! :yay:

El Payaso said:
You'll be paying. And you know this already.

Actually I still haven't contributed any money towards Superman Returns, so when I say I probably won't pay to see Man of Steel, you better believe it buddy. :oldrazz:

El Payaso said:
And from your movies selection it will be a great crappy cinemathographic year for you.

I would already wager I will enjoy and be entertained more by any of the previously mentioned movies than by the dreadful Superman Returns.

In fact I have already been more entertained by the trailers of Ghost Rider, 300, Spider-man 3, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Transformers, than I was with the whole mess that is Superman Returns...and I doubt I am alone in that.

People go to see a Superhero movie either to be entertained and/or (if they are a comics fan) to see 'their' character on the big screen.

Superman Returns was dull as dishwater and certainly didn't represent any Superman comic I have ever read.

Singer didn't make a Superman movie, he made a melodrama and then shoehorned Superman into it.

El Payaso said:
No wonder why some better movies sicken you. :meow:

Superman Returns is right up there with the likes of Catwoman and Batman & Robin for ill conceived tripe.

In fact if I had a choice I would rather watch Batman & Robin than Superman Returns at least that way I'll have a laugh. :woot:

Hey kakarot! :)

kakarot069 said:
I completely agree, and if nothing has changed, rest assured I will not go see it... I'll download it illegally instead.

I will not support it in any way.

For the record I'd just like to say I don't support piracy in any form, a friend of mine did download it (when it first came out), but he did so with the proviso that he was also going to buy the dvd anyway (he also went to see it in the cinema, I declined).

I actually have his (paid for) original Superman Returns dvd in the house at the moment.

Hi super-bats! :)

super-bats said:
ummm......do you think Singer will make the next movie a complete restart?

Some people say that, now that Singer has done his "Donner-inspired" movie, he is "free" to make a Superman movie more in line with his "vision." IOW, the next movie will be more "Singer's movie."

Well, if the next movie will be more "Singer's movie," then, perhaps, he can just restart the franchise with nothing to do with SR or the Donner movies.......

not likely.....but just a thought......

Inconceivable on so many levels that you could never see it happening.

Upper_Krust said:

For the record I'd just like to say I don't support piracy in any form, a friend of mine did download it (when it first came out), but he did so with the proviso that he was also going to buy the dvd anyway (he also went to see it in the cinema, I declined).

I actually have his (paid for) original Superman Returns dvd in the house at the moment.
at this point, I really dont care... I hate Singer's work, and if the sequel is ANYTHING like SR, I will NEVER give it my money.

Upper_Krust said:

i plead the 5th to that but yes i do own a the target copy ( triple hologram) version

but as for not liking singers work well he's got one more chance to redeem himself and if he blows it then restart it... even though id rather him restart the whole thing over

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"