Forfeit's Art

hellboy.jpg

Hey all, just a quick one of hellboy. comments welcome

Cool :up: :)

Where have you been Forfeit? It's been a while :confused:

You can draw awesome pics of Spawn and the Thundercats?!?!?! That offically gains you my respect!

Hey guys. I haven't been around here for a loooong time. Doubt if anyone remembers me, but here are a few pics that I've done since i went away. Leave some lurve hahaha

300small.jpg

scarletwitchcolours.jpg

redsonja-1.jpg

loboblack.jpg

I remember you, welcome back.

Nice work as always. :up:

Thanx Mee. Glad someone remembers, it's been about a year hahaha

Octavious Thanx man, glad you like. If you look back at the first page of this thread, you can see how I've changed a LOT! hahaha

darctrunks Yeah, im quite pleased with that one myself hahaha There's a guy over on The Planet forums using it as an avvy now. I was well impressed hahaha

Love to hear more comments guys, keep them coming. Any constructive crits are welcome too!

Hey guys. I haven't been around here for a loooong time. Doubt if anyone remembers me, but here are a few pics that I've done since i went away. Leave some lurve hahaha

redsonja-1.jpg

This one's probably my favorite. Had to check the older pages of the thread once i saw your newer stuff. I applaud that you spent time working to create your own style. It works, it's a nice cross between cartoonist and more intricate work. Can't wait to see more. =)

Great great great stuff. Love it all.

I will suggest something. It seems we have similar methods of doing stuff (makes a outline and then coloring).

I've found that, imo, characters look more natural if your outlines match the color, so brown hair is outlined in a darker brown, a red shirt is outlined in a darker red, etc.

The down side is there is something kinda cool about that really bold black outline, that you lose.

In the end, it comes down to a stylistic choice, but I thought I'd mention it none the less.

Regardless, I love your stuff and your style is really fun. I love the slightly cartoon-esque quality of your stuff.

Really great. Can't wait to see more!

Syncos Thanx Sync, That's what i was going for hahaha I'm quite fond of the warrior woman myself actually. Based it on my girlfriend, pretty but would rip your ribcage out and use it as a xylophone if you got on the wrong side of her hahaha

Mattchew That's so wierd, I've been trying to get that effect myself! I'm trying to find an easy way of doing it in Photoshop but just can't figure it out. If you use PS and have any tips, I'd be much obliged.

I'll post some more pics here soon guys. Thanx for all the comments!

Here's another for you guys to cast your yes over....

DDfalling.jpg

no tricks here... my methods are slow as can be.

love the DD pic btw. The buildings are awesome!

That's a shame, i was hoping for some pearls of wisdom hahaha How do you do it though? Because i tend to lose the crispness of the lines because it turns out too sloppy.

The DD pic was intended to be in a fisheye pint of view. It doesnt look bad, but not as good as it did in my head. Dontcha just hate it when that happens?

That's a shame, i was hoping for some pearls of wisdom hahaha How do you do it though? Because i tend to lose the crispness of the lines because it turns out too sloppy.

The trick to avoiding sloppiness in photoshop is to ink the image at a very large scale, (i usually go for at least 400%). that way when you actually get it inked, you can scale it down, and the lines auto format to a smaller size, so it turns out cleaner.

It doesn't allow you to be completely reckless with your brushing, but it allows you quite a bit of leeway. Hope that helps a bit.

Hey all, Here's two really quick piccys.

One of Spidey, and one for the Vixen Fan Club on Myspace...

spideyweb.jpg

vixeninks.jpg

Hope you likey!!!

Wow, some really nice stuff here! You seem to be developing a really nice style... These two are particular favourites! I love the slightly abnormal body shapes. Works great.

Thanx Ravana, glad you like. I've been through a few phases to get to where i am now. Most of the time im happy with what i get, but I'm not perfect yet. I'll keep at it eh? :woot:

Great Spidey pic. :up:

Hey all, Here's two really quick piccys.

One of Spidey, and one for the Vixen Fan Club on Myspace...

spideyweb.jpg

Hope you likey!!!

Really like this Spidey. Nice style, dynamic pose. One minor suggestion, thicken the lines for his shoulders. The way it is now it's the same thickness as everything else and runs right into his forearms giving the impression of stubby arms. Thickening the line slightly will help separate the shoulders from the forearms a little more.

Mee Thanks Mee, glad you like.

Mattchew Merci hahaha I'm quite fond of the Spidey pose.

Mrh7448 Excellent tip!!! I'll give it a go. Thanx man!

Some new stuff. I'm aware I'm no regular around here but I like to throw some stuff up anyway hahaha

I call her Crocodile Double-Dee :cwink:
CrocDD.jpg

The Green Goblin's creepy mush!
GGsketch.jpg

A Robin Hood style character...
archerinks.jpg

Hope you guys like

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members