Playstation Forspoken

What happened to the graphics? This is a PS5/PC only game. And the animations are horrid. Those conversations make Andromeda look decent at launch.

Like a lot games when a company first shows a game off they have it running on the most powerful PC available to them and then they struggle to get it to run on actual console hardware.

The engine running the game looks pretty much like a slightly better FFXV running on the PS4 did in 2016 now as it is the same engine from the same team. Perhaps they’ve decided to cross-gen release the game on PS4 as well at some point.

It’s an upgraded version of Final Fantasy XV’s open world Luminous engine made by the same team. It still looks pretty good but not Sony first party good (most stuff doesn’t.)

Last edited:
Forspoken PS5 demo out now:

Forspoken Demo

Experience a slice of Forspoken and dive into the Action-RPG with this specially crafted Demo.

Jump into Avoalet's Water Garden and dash through the sprawling Athian landscape with Magic Parkour. Complete 5 main objectives to aid Frey in her quest to find her way home, and discover detours along the way. Combat treacherous foes with an extensive arsenal of attack & support magic.

Forspoken releases worldwide on January 24, 2023.

*Some aspects of the Forspoken Demo may differ to the release version of Forpoken.
* Please be advised that data from this demo will not carry over to the release version.

Forspoken Gameplay Showcase - battle with Tanta Sila, Breakbeast encounter, and Tanta Olas - Gematsu

Last edited:
Ray Tracing mode drops the frames to the teens. Performance mode looks like crap, 60 FPS, but might not even be in 1080p. But at least it works.

Talking about the demo the interviewer played at the Tokyo Game Show earlier this year, the same demo players have access to now, Mtsuno said "that was a specially crafted gameplay demo just to give a feel for the mechanics of parkour and magic. So that was specifically kind of fetch quest-like in terms of the makeup, like, do these five objectives and then you get to fight a boss. So the full game isn’t actually designed like that, that was just specifically created for that demo experience."

Forspoken's demo has players worried, but Square Enix promises the final game is better.

They sandwiched the release of this between Monster Hunter Rise and Dead Space. Also, still somehow ended up having to face the game based on that TERF's work.

This game is 87GB? It's comparable in size to Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok? Good god, I'm left to assume it's really poorly optimized because the detail in the demo did not feel comparable.

This game is 87GB? It's comparable in size to Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok? Good god, I'm left to assume it's really poorly optimized because the detail in the demo did not feel comparable.

I didn't play the demo, but did it run like ash on console? I'm expecting this thing to make my Series X or PS5 sound like they're about to launch into orbit while running it.

I recently bought Cyberpunk, and there were moments where I thought my Series X was going to catch fire. One of these days.
Going from the PS4 Pro to a PS5 was a real relief here. Pro sounded like it was going to explode booting up walking simulators half the time, finally I can play without the tension of if my machine will burn the house down.

I am not surprised. Square-Enix has a track record of crappy optimization for their more theoretically-ambitious games. Hell, the Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 remasters were 50GB, and those were up-resed versions of PS2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"