Fox and Marvel at Disagreement about the X-Men Franchise!

LastSunrise1981 said:
Hahaha, you will defend the stupidest crap. Even Kinberg and Penn didn't know the significance of the line according to the commentaries. Then again Penn and Kinberg are not the smartest humans in the world.

They make Dubya look like Einstein.

Hehe... Well, yes, the line was random and its meaning was not expressed or that obvious, so i can imagine they would say that. Only those who saw X2 would know what it meant. The line was not good!

It should have been a little more dialogue on the plane.. something like...
Storm: 'You look tense Logan'
Wolverine: 'I don't really wanna be here. It's where they did this (shows claws) to me...and it's where Jean died under that lake.'

If that is indeed it's meaning...then it's not as bad a line. Still kind of clumsy and empty, and still a bad delivery from Halle. That example of "a little more" dialogue is a bit too much exposition for such a moment. I like the "nod" route better.

It's badly written period. That is another case of careless writing for the character. I can swear that the staff had it in for Storm and Scott from the beginning. They had no story, and the worst dialog throughout the entire trilogy. Why, were the two "leaders" treated like trash?

I smell something rotten.

lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

As an X-Men MOVIE fan, there's a part of me that is dying to see more X-Men stories come to life on the big screen. In some way shape or form, I really want it. The fan response after X3 shouldn't become a negative thing. I see it as somewhat a positive for future movies. At first I didn't, but I'm really warming up to an idea of another sequel/prequel/whatever X-Men besides Wolverine...

-TNC

Goddessreicho said:
It's badly written period. That is another case of careless writing for the character. I can swear that the staff had it in for Storm and Scott from the beginning. They had no story, and the worst dialog throughout the entire trilogy. Why, were the two "leaders" treated like trash?

I smell something rotten.

There's no conspiracy. Or anything that ressembles a plan. It would imply the folks at Fox are clever.

Just... NO.

It's real simple.

1 - Rothman and the execs at Fox probably overidentify with Wolverine (wish they could kick a$$ and get the girl) and have a thing for redheads.

2 - For those who don't, well, it probably has to do with them having no spine, since, you know, making non-Logan characters look good in a leadership role could piss off the fanboys (refer to the overidentifying thingy mentioned above).

3 - They're just completely out of their minds. 50 cards short of a deck.

They think the movies did justice to the Xverse in any whatsoever relevant way. Those weren't X-movies, they were (entertaining, I'll admit) sci-fi/action extravaganzas with characters having the NAMES and POWERS that belong to the comicverse's characters.

Fine, so they did get Magneto and Xavier right in X1 and X2, but then they turn Mags into a complete tactical moron and Xavier into an uncaring a$$hole. Okay, Beast, too. But how could someone possibly mess up with Beast (come on, he's the big blue buffer with the huge brain and a heart of gold) is a mystery for the ages.

Oh, and don't get me started on how anyone in their right mind would approve of X3's script.

"Let's have a kicka$$ final battle and then midway Pheonix smokes all the BAD GUYS, thus rendering the past 10 minutes a colossal waste of time. That's what EPIC is all about!!!"

*sighs*

DarthCyclopsRLZ said:
There's no conspiracy. Or anything that ressembles a plan. It would imply the folks at Fox are clever.

Just... NO.

It's real simple.

1 - Rothman and the execs at Fox probably overidentify with Wolverine (wish they could kick a$$ and get the girl) and have a thing for redheads.

2 - For those who don't, well, it probably has to with no spine, since, you know, making non-Logan characters look good in a leadership role could piss off the fanboys (refer to the overidentifying thingy mentioned above).

3 - They're just completely out of their minds. 50 cards short of a deck.

They think the movies did justice to the Xverse in any whatsoever relevant way. Those weren't X-movies, they were (entertaining, I'll admit) sci-fi/action extravaganzas with characters having the NAMES and POWERS that belong to the comicverse's characters.

Fine, so they did get Magneto and Xavier right in X1 and X2, but then they turn Mags into a complete tactical moron and Xavier into an uncaring a$$hole. Okay, Beast, too. But how could someone possibly mess up with Beast (come on, he's the big blue buffer with the huge brain and a heart of gold) is a mystery for the ages.

Oh, and don't get me started on how anyone in their right mind would approve of X3's script.

"Let's have a kicka$$ final battle and then midway Pheonix smokes all the BAD GUYS, thus rendering the past 10 minutes a colossal waste of time. That's what EPIC is all about!!!"

*sighs*

Haha, I agree except for one thing. The entertaining part. Because everything from X1 was so off, it wasn't enjoyable to me. My biggest enjoyment was watching Magneto call Cyke out for wanting live loose electricity running around in a room made of cooper. Yeah, that made me smile. That was it. That was all the emotion I got out of it, the joy of someone calling someone else a jack-hole.

The rest of it felt like someone was shooting puppies in front of me. Yes, Fox assumed most people like puppies. So they took shotguns to their heads. But I don't like puppies. They crap all over the place.

That's what these X-Films were doing. Crapping all over the place. Jean got messed up from the beginning. There's no surprise that she got messed up in the end. Xavier and Magneto were a surprise. Oh well. There must of been a virus or something that cause everything but Beast to start with the ever flowing diarrhea.

Goddessreicho said:
Haha, I agree except for one thing. The entertaining part. Because everything from X1 was so off, it wasn't enjoyable to me. My biggest enjoyment was watching Magneto call Cyke out for wanting live loose electricity running around in a room made of cooper. Yeah, that made me smile. That was it. That was all the emotion I got out of it, the joy of someone calling someone else a jack-hole.

The rest of it felt like someone was shooting puppies in front of me. Yes, Fox assumed most people like puppies. So they took shotguns to their heads. But I don't like puppies. They crap all over the place.

That's what these X-Films were doing. Crapping all over the place. Jean got messed up from the beginning. There's no surprise that she got messed up in the end. Xavier and Magneto were a surprise. Oh well. There must of been a virus or something that cause everything but Beast to start with the ever flowing diarrhea.

I was just trying to be polite and aknowledge that they might be fun for casual moviegoers who don't know jacks*** about X-Men and who just wanted to see an "action" movie.

Okay, well, no pulling punches this time.

I'm a Cyke fan. I was pissed with the movies from day one. I also happen to like Wolverine and am pissed they forgot the whole honor slash samourai angles of his persona.

In my mind, X-Men always was about those two characters being essentially two sides of the same coins. The movies didn't do it justice nor even aknowledged it (Oh, let's have Logan be nice to Cyke cause we'll make one-eye all weepy, whimpy and EMO!! Rothman is GOD and doesn't have a ***** for Wolvie!!!!!).

I spent money to see X1 and X2 in theater. I somewhat enjoyed them BUT I never respected the work of the writers, producers and even director.

Watched X3 for the first time this week. Watched X1 and X2 afterwards. All they are to me now are OK sci-fi flicks with the X logo stamped on it.

Trust me, I fully agree with ya that they f**** it up from day one.

I'm not even mad. They f**** it up so bad. They did it in such a ******ed way it's just a joke.

Oh, and Goddessreich: thou rock, man, thou rock. That 'shooting puppies' analogy was a killer. :D

P.S. Man, that last pun was better than most of X3's dialogue. God bless.

THank you....

I thought i was the only one who recognized that scott and logan may have a lot more in common that people think

DarthCyclopsRLZ said:
Oh, and Goddessreich: thou rock, man, thou rock. That 'shooting puppies' analogy was a killer. :D

P.S. Man, that last pun was better than most of X3's dialogue. God bless.

Lol, here's a visual for you.

180px-Desert_fox_with_mouth_open.jpg

+
350px-Shotgunslaidout.jpg

+
puppies.jpg

=
splash-body.jpg

Btw, I'm a girl.

I'm going to bed, but before I only wanna say this:

Fox, move on to other things!

Let the x-saga in peace!!

So others will continue it how it deserves it.

Angamb said:
I'm going to bed, but before I only wanna say this:

Fox, move on to other things!

Let the x-saga in peace!!

So others will continue it how it deserves it.

Amen.

Either a distant reboot or no sequel.

Goddessreicho said:
Lol, here's a visual for you.
Btw, I'm a girl.

Mmm. Really should've paid attention to the nickname, lol.

I invoke caffeine withdrawal and still not getting over how bad X3's script was (watched for the first time this week, eh *shudders*).

Nice pics, though.

Now I have this visual of Rothman at a target range using puppies and bunnies for practice, laughing maniacally to himself and muttering non-sense about how he just plain OWNZ.

The Batman said:
THank you....

I thought i was the only one who recognized that scott and logan may have a lot more in common that people think

My pleasure.

But seriously, it's just so damn obvious it baffles me how most Wolvie fans refuse to aknowledge it.

Seriously, there's a lot more Cyke fanatics who like both (assuming Wolvie is written as more than an obnoxious a$$$hole like in the flicks) than Wolvie fanatics who like Cyke, no matter how well-written or badass.

IMO, has to do with Wolvie never getting the girl and they're pissed.

Oh well. *shrugs*

Well Halle Berry supports their being an X4 and she encouraged fans at the People Choice Awards to write letters to get one. And she said if they could get an X4 she would be back to play Storm.

Yeah...now she's all about coming back...WTF? (By the way...this is the first time I've ever used W T F in a sentence...just thought I'd let you all know.)

Yeah...now she's all about coming back...WTF? (By the way...this is the first time I've ever used W T F in a sentence...just thought I'd let you all know.)

Was there ever a time when Halle Berry said something profound? She said she would never play Catwoman again but, had second thoughts on that idea even after the film bombed.:wow:

Despite, her seeming lack of intelligence, Halle did a very smart thing tonight by name dropping Rothman. (She shoulda threw Donner, Penn and Kinberg in there too)

I said this in the other thread, but her doublespeak rocked out. She said thanks, then she basically implied that not enough people liked it and should do something about, and in the mean time nearly insured her future in the franchise.

Smart girl.

If anything, the woman knows how to stay afloat in the business, and come back after disasters personal and professional.

I'm not gonna quote but after a brief thanks she said, Do you like the X-men movies? Do you like Storm? I love Storm. If you want to see more, if you want something else, changes...blah blah, write letters blah blah to FOX, WRITE TOM ROTHMAN. If there is an X4, I will be there. Something else...blah blah, power to the people.

Of course Halle wants a fourth movie now that Storm is head of the school. More screentime for Halle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"