Free Guy | Disney

Eh, this trailer feels the type of thing that would work as a 5 min SNL sketch but not a full feature film.

I'm not. Even though Shawn Levy can be very hit or miss as director, he's still way more competent than Robert Schwentke.

This feels a lot more fun than that movie. As a gamer it should be very familiar.

I hope Reynolds take some roles besides Deadpool or a bright Version of it very soon.

This guy doesn't really have any resemblance to Wade Wilson/Deadpool. And his character in "6 Underground" was much more of an ******* than I expected. He's currently doing what he loves the most (comedy), because he has the clout to do so.

IhC12GU.jpg

c19Oj0u.jpg

vLQk0LW.jpg

Reynolds has found his calling. So I'm happy if he keeps doing the movies and type of roles that I enjoy seeing him in.

I don't think Reynolds moving outside of his comfort zone will yield great results but again he might surprise and I'm open to that. Maybe the new Shawn Levy time travel movie does that but in the mean time I'll thoroughly enjoy Reynolds doing comedy. He has become really very good at it.

I'll check this out probably. Looks fun. I feel Reynolds has always been great at comedy, it's just that a lot of the comedies he's done haven't aged well. At any rate, I do hope to see him do dramatic roles again. He was great in Buried.

I really do want to see this in a theater

This looks like another R.I.P.D. to me

Looking forward to when we eventually get this.

So is somebody playing the Ryan Reynolds character or is he just a character that becomes aware he’s in a video game?

I don't get all the weird comparisons people are trying to make with this.
The only similarity to this and RIPD is that Ryan Reynolds is in both. And then even the characters are clearly very different

I've also seen people compare it to Ready Player One when there is no common thread other than they both involve video games. The premise, tone, and characters seem very different.

And even comparing this to most other Ryan Reynolds comedies/comedic performances, he seems like he's playing a much nicer, naive, and goodhearted person. Compared to the snarky a-holes he usually plays. Honestly this seems more like Chris Pratt's bag than anything that Reynolds has ben doing lately.
EDIT: Actually...if I had to make a comparison to anything this seems way more like The Lego Movie than anything.

On the movie itself, this new trailer looks a lot better. Looks like a feel good movie which is nice. The SFX look cool. I'm down to watch this whenever it comes out

So is somebody playing the Ryan Reynolds character or is he just a character that becomes aware he’s in a video game?
From the premise he's an NPC who becomes self aware
But maybe there's a twist

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back