Friday The 13th Reboot | WB/New Line??

You'd care.
Yeah, youre right, John Cena as Jason doesn't strike me as a good casting choice :/ and the last time Vinnie Mac rebooted something we got Leprechaun *shudders* I clearly wasn't thinking

Honestly physically, Lebron probably has a pretty good build to play Jason. Not saying that he SHOULD necessarily, but he's a big dude who can get physical (it's part of why he's so successful in the NBA).

We do not need any athlete portraying characters like this. If they go that route (which we know they wouldn't) then it's a clear sign it's going to be complete and utter crap.

Well the really good thing about Jason, is........you really don't need someone famous to play him.
And that doesn't mean a physically huge person can just be Jason & no acticng skill is required.
I think someone with a large frame who could act decently should be asked what they would do to make him stand out.
As You know, hes a silent character, so I would think many actors wouldnt want the role but I would try to entice them by saying what are you going to do to make him stand out?

Yep, presence is still a factor for Jason. That's why I hated Ken as Jason, there was nothing there (in addition to moving like a mammoth, ugh). While I prefer my Jason running around, I liked that when zombie/walking Jason moved with aggression, like Kane and CJ. They really don't need to be super tall either.

I did see the new Halloween & was impressed (not so wth the ending) what can be done in 2018 with these characters.
The same could easily be done with Friday the 13th or even top Halloween 2018.

Question: what story do you think this reboot should be about?

More importantly, given the success of Halloween 2018, do you think they should go down that route?

TBH: I doubt that idea will work, mainly due to the notion that what would that film be a sequel to? Not quite the original, you need Jason; sequel to 4? Like H'18 towards H20, a different approach to the concept from part 6? It just gets to a point where an actual reboot is a better idea. Now I felt this when H'18 was announced, and still do when it comes for the future of the franchise, and I was wrong because H'18 was very good; but I don't think I'm wrong with F13 and this here, given how much I cannot see it.

No actor is as famous as Jamie Lee Curtis or the Lauris Strode character from the Friday 13th series.

No, Corey Feldman doesn’t count.

And Kevin Bacon won’t return from the grave (though that’d be pretty sweet).

Admittedly if Tommy Jarvis, or Ginny from Part 2, or Megan from Part 6, returned, I wouldn't complain. But I doubt that they'd do that since Friday the 13th tends to be more standalone than Halloween in general.

I wanna see 100 minutes of slasher madness. Gore galore

Honestly physically, Lebron probably has a pretty good build to play Jason. Not saying that he SHOULD necessarily, but he's a big dude who can get physical (it's part of why he's so successful in the NBA).

I hope when Jason decapitates a victim he makes a slam dunk with their head.

TBH: I doubt that idea will work, mainly due to the notion that what would that film be a sequel to? Not quite the original, you need Jason; sequel to 4? Like H'18 towards H20, a different approach to the concept from part 6? It just gets to a point where an actual reboot is a better idea. Now I felt this when H'18 was announced, and still do when it comes for the future of the franchise, and I was wrong because H'18 was very good; but I don't think I'm wrong with F13 and this here, given how much I cannot see it.

I don't want F13 to follow the Halloween 2018 blueprint because, Michael was the established killer in the original.
They chose not to include or acknowledge any of the following movies. A good choice on their part.
For F13, Jason wasnt the killer at all or thought of to be capable of picking up where mom left off. So I think the newest F13, would have to at least have mom in the 1st half & maybe Jason in the 2nd if they wanted to speed up the process.

Hopefully he doesn’t leave the project as he did with Star Trek and Interview With The Vampire.

I have zero interest in a prequel centered around Mrs. Voorhees and young Jason. Would much rather a total remake/reimagining of the original storyline (movie or series) that maybe starts with Jason as an adult in present day and features flashbacks of what went down with his mother.

Either way, as a horror night, I'll be watching this anyway but Bryan Fuller's extensive involvement make this a must-see TV event. Could be amazing with him running the show and he will definitely make it unique.

I have zero interest in a prequel centered around Mrs. Voorhees and young Jason. Would much rather a total remake/reimagining of the original storyline (movie or series) that maybe starts with Jason as an adult in present day and features flashbacks of what went down with his mother.

Either way, as a horror night, I'll be watching this anyway but Bryan Fuller's extensive involvement make this a must-see TV event. Could be amazing with him running the show and he will definitely make it unique.

I would not be surprised if he had a plan similar to Hannibal, going up to Tommy Jarvis.

Miller’s producing so I wouldn’t expect to see Jason as the killer if there are future seasons or even films.

Meh, a prequel just doesnt feel right. I'm one of thise people that thinks the first Friday movie isn't even in the top 3 of the franchise. Why would I watch a show about Pamela and a young Jason? We already know everything we need to know. No Jason as the killer? No hockey mask/potato sack? Just very meh.

‘Friday the 13th’ Prequel Series ‘Crystal Lake’ in the Works at Peacock From Bryan Fuller

Miller; Marc Toberoff, the copyright attorney who repped Miller in the case; and Rob Barsamian serve as executive producers on the Peacock show, which is being described as a drama and may be likened to Bates Motel, the A&E series that ran from 2013 to 2017 and served as a prequel to Alfred Hitchcock’s 1960 horror classic, Psycho.

Barsamian is the current holder of the rights not in Miller’s briefcase, including the title and the mask. That points to the two parties now working together on this project and that those elements could potentially show up at one point.

Are they handcuffed and can't even use adult Jason/hockey mask and are working around it? Even if that's wrong, what makes this interesting is Brian Fuller being attached. He can probably make this pretty ****ing great.

Are they handcuffed and can't even use adult Jason/hockey mask and are working around it? Even if that's wrong, what makes this interesting is Brian Fuller being attached. He can probably make this pretty ****ing great.

If he doesn’t depart the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"