Fruitcake

I've never tasted it......I took my mama's advice seriously...

Jack Daniel's Classic Holiday Fruit Cake

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey, plus more for soaking cakes
1/2 cup orange juice
3 cups pecan halves
2 cups chopped dried apricots
2 cups golden raisins
2 cups chopped dates

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease three 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans. Line pan bottoms with wax paper. Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, beat well. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour to butter mixture alternately with whiskey and orange juice. Beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in fruits and nuts. Spoon into prepared pans.

2. Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack. Remove from pans. Wrap each in whiskey soaked cheesecloth. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap then aluminum foil. Store in refrigerator for two weeks before serving. Serve thinly sliced. Makes 3 fruitcakes.

I haven't had fruitcake in years...

The last time I had some, it was actually pretty good...

-TNC

I don't like it, but my mom does. I prefer panettone :up:

I went to the store Sunday, saw a big display of fruitcakes.

Last night I went back, the display hadn't changed a bit. They were all still there. lol

So what's the deal with fruitcake?

jerry-seinfeld.jpg

I've heard bad things about fruitcakes. Not for me. I rather just say with the strawberry cheesecake. Leave fruitcake out.

I went to the store Sunday, saw a big display of fruitcakes.

Last night I went back, the display hadn't changed a bit. They were all still there. lol

That's because no one wants to touch those things. They have cooties. :oldrazz:

I don't like fruitcake, but my massage therapist makes a rumcake that is delicious and will have you buzzed by the second piece. :up:

jag

I don't like fruitcake, but my massage therapist makes a rumcake that is delicious and will have you buzzed by the second piece. :up:

jag

rumcake and banana foster w/ 151 rum to spice it up a notch!

After watching Nip/Tuck last night, I don't think I can eat fruitcake again.

There is plenty of bad reputation about Fruitcake.It's pretty good,most people don't get theirs fresh.They get it stale,that's why they throw it away.

oh, fruitcake is good when it is moist and rum soaked

Fruitcake is unique. It's either inredibly good or incredibly bad. There isn't an in between. My mom makes a great fruit cake. My grandmother did too. I've had some that may have actually been colorful vomit, DBella, but there are some actual good ones out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"