Fullmetal Alchemist discussion

Big time revelations in last night's episode as the origins of the homunculi are finally revealed. They are the result of attempted human transmutations. The child now known as Wrath, was Izumi's miscarried baby, who she banished into the Gateway of Alchemy. When Ed attempted the transmutation, Wrath took Ed's limbs. Using the limbs and the power of Ed's alchemy he was able to escape the gate.

We also learned about Greed. It seems there's a division between Greed and the other homunculi. Greed is not their ally and seems to be working toward his own goal. He seems to have a past with Envy and has never met Lust, Sloth, or Wrath before. Envy also mentioned that "all 7 of us are gathered together." Seven sins, those being: lust, sloth, envy, wrath, gluttony, greed, and...Pride. So we've seen all of the homunculi except one, Pride. Who is Pride?

Two things Envy said that struck me. The first was, "There is a new Lust now." So homonculi can be brought back multiple times. Interesting. The other thing was "all 7 of us are gathered together AGAIN". Again? Interesting. Since Envy has such hatred for Ed and Al's father, I'm beginning to assume that perhaps the homonculi attempted to get their dad to make a Philosopher's Stone. It also explained why Lust looked so much like Scar's brother's significant other. He attempted a human transmutation of her and Lust was the result. Last thing that's bothering me. If homonculi are caused by human transmutation attempts, then what happened to Ed and Al's mother when they brought her back. She doesn't seem to be one of the homonculi........or is she? Perhpas that is Pride.

yeah, some crazy stuff went down last episode...but guitarsingerguy pretty much asked all the questions I had, namely what happened to Ed and Al's mom.

guitarsingerguy said:
Two things Envy said that struck me. The first was, "There is a new Lust now." So homonculi can be brought back multiple times. Interesting. The other thing was "all 7 of us are gathered together AGAIN". Again? Interesting. Since Envy has such hatred for Ed and Al's father, I'm beginning to assume that perhaps the homonculi attempted to get their dad to make a Philosopher's Stone. It also explained why Lust looked so much like Scar's brother's significant other. He attempted a human transmutation of her and Lust was the result. Last thing that's bothering me. If homonculi are caused by human transmutation attempts, then what happened to Ed and Al's mother when they brought her back. She doesn't seem to be one of the homonculi........or is she? Perhpas that is Pride.

I think you misinterpreted Envy's quote. Homunculi can't necessarily be brought back multiple times. It just meant that there was a new homunculus going by the moniker as Lust, and another homunculus had been called Lust before.

You guys are very close with some of your predictions.

However, you have enough information to know what happened to Ed and Al's "mom." To give you a hint...NOT Pride.

TheVileOne said:
I think you misinterpreted Envy's quote. Homunculi can't necessarily be brought back multiple times. It just meant that there was a new homunculus going by the moniker as Lust, and another homunculus had been called Lust before.

You guys are very close with some of your predictions.

However, you have enough information to know what happened to Ed and Al's "mom." To give you a hint...NOT Pride.

Actually that's what I meant. I just said it wrong. So, if their mom isn't Pride, then that means she's one of the pre-existing homonculi. The only one that it could be is the girl that is sitting in as the Fuhrer's secretary. She does heavily resemble their mom from what I remember of her.

Yeah, I take that back. She dosen't just look similar, she's the spitting image just without the wide happy eyes. Wow, I really need to go back and watch all the first episodes. People kinda pop in and out and you forget exactly what they look like.

Trisha Elric
trisha_elric.jpg

Sloth
sloth01.jpg

If it helps at all...Sloth and Trisha Elric have the SAME voice actress ;) .

TheVileOne said:
If it helps at all...Sloth and Trisha Elric have the SAME voice actress ;) .

Well, after seeing the pics I pretty much had it, but haven't the Elrics seen her before? Damn I can't remember. It doesn't help that every woman Al sees reminds him of his mother. Probably part of the reason they do that, to keep you off guard when he says it because he says it so damn much.

guitarsingerguy said:
Well, after seeing the pics I pretty much had it, but haven't the Elrics seen her before? Damn I can't remember. It doesn't help that every woman Al sees reminds him of his mother. Probably part of the reason they do that, to keep you off guard when he says it because he says it so damn much.

Yes. Both of them have. When Ed first saw her, he looked at her curiously. When Al saw her in episode 22, he said he saw/heard(?) Mom.

The only other time a woman reminded Al of his mother was Psiren/Clara in episode 10 when she was cutting an apple for the old lady at the hospital.

TheVileOne said:
Yes. Both of them have. When Ed first saw her, he looked at her curiously. When Al saw her in episode 22, he said he saw/heard(?) Mom.

The only other time a woman reminded Al of his mother was Psiren/Clara in episode 10 when she was cutting an apple for the old lady at the hospital.

That's it! I have to get all the friggin DVDs and rewatch all that crap. :D

Another thing that has my damn mind going is what the deal is with Greed being called the ultimate shield. Is that some sort of psuedo nickname or something? And do all the homonculi have these "other" names? Do they just describe each one's particular gifts or something?

Vile One, I've got a really odd question that I'm pming to you. I don't want to post it cause it's really off the wall, but just in case it's true, I'd rather have it answered in a pm.

Dude, get the DVD's. They are REQUIRED VIEWING!

Plus, volume 5 has a great audio commentary track by the English VA's.

TheVileOne said:
Dude, get the DVD's. They are REQUIRED VIEWING!

Plus, volume 5 has a great audio commentary track by the English VA's.

I know I know. The only issue is that X-mas is coming up and I just don't have the spare cash right now. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until January to pick them all up.

This show is AMAZING move over Naruto or w/e that one show is & THANK GOD they did NOT screw up the English Dub. It is PERFECT.

Yeah, Funimation has really come a long way from their DBZ days. They've improved a great deal.

TheVileOne said:
Yeah, Funimation has really come a long way from their DBZ days. They've improved a great deal.

And to think, I used to think DBZ got involved. ;)

Yeah, the dub for FMA is amazing.

Greed also called Envy the Ultimate....then he paused and said "I guess you want to be called abomination".

Hrm.....wondering what's up with that also!

Tamanon said:
Yeah, the dub for FMA is amazing.

Greed also called Envy the Ultimate....then he paused and said "I guess you want to be called abomination".

Hrm.....wondering what's up with that also!

Well, obviously they have some ugly past. Envy mentioned that he would imprison Greed in the skull again as soon as he found it. So there you go. Envy was the reason that Greed was imprisoned, but in a skull? Strange stuff there. I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Hey guys are the PS2 games for this Series any good ? & are they going to be making more ? Or just these 2 ?

MvTrlrMsc said:
Hey guys are the PS2 games for this Series any good ? & are they going to be making more ? Or just these 2 ?

My co-worker (Pyro Productions) has them both I believe. Send him a pm and ask him. He's the one that started the thread here, so one of his posts shouldn't be too hard to find.

MvTrlrMsc said:

The games are alright but they aren't very long at all. The first one took me 5 hours the second one took me 7, and they are a little more dumbed down than the show...its worth the rent, I wouldn't buy them though.

guitarsingerguy, I have the first two volumes if you want to borrow them.

I've only played game 2, it's pretty fun. Good beat 'em up, the graphics are great though!

That strip is hilarious. Thanks for the link Nathan.

"EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE *****!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"