FX Atlanta

The revolving wall :funny:

The episode was a tick list for things people hate about clubs.

That club owner with slippering moves. 😄 Lost it when he used the trick wall.

The invisible car though. LMFAO. I'm dead.

When he slapped him with the money, then the invisible car.... I have a new favorite scene. :funny:

tumblr_ofbwu2X1wt1uhpk77o1_400.gif

Another great episode.

That lady from Luke Cage is so fine.

This last episode was wonderful, and might have been Donald's best acting hands down.

Yeah, this one hit all the right notes. That deadpan sardonic delivery Glover has is just classic. You rarely get that with comedies in regards to black folk.

Is anyone else surprised at how fast we reached the season finale?

And agreed on Glover's delivery when he went off. I wager most Black people wouldn't have shown much restraint after being told off like he was, speaking from experience. Sometimes, screw the consequences, you just need to vent. But Earn, he's far too chill, I think, to do that, which I like.

Damn, season finale is already next week. I'll be having withdrawals.

I was laughing my ass off when this happened.

tumblr_ofmwce6VLe1qlsrn9o1_500.gif

I think I just like how he's such an awkward introvert. It kind of hits close to how I am in real life.

~"You must have mistaken me for some other black guy" was hilarious.

Yeah, this one hit all the right notes. That deadpan sardonic delivery Glover has is just classic. You rarely get that with comedies in regards to black folk.

I think I just like how he's such an awkward introvert. It kind of hits close to how I am in real life.

Yep. I think the show's ability to showcase the non-monolith aspects of Black people is what helps people gravitate to it. Same goes for all the other shows out now. Some good variety.

To me this show is pretty much a live action The Boondocks (the early seasons) with the format of Louie.

Yeah I can see that especially with the Montague episode.

Yep. I think the show's ability to showcase the non-monolith aspects of Black people is what helps people gravitate to it. Same goes for all the other shows out now. Some good variety.

Agreed. I like that highlights black culture isn't monolithic as well.

The main characters are not stereotypical.

Brian Tyree Henry who plays Paper Boi said what drew him to the role is how multifaceted the character is.

“It’s so easy to label rappers and label people in hip-hop,” Henry told theGrio.com in an interview. “Or [to] label people for wearing a gold chain, with a Polo button-up to the top. It’s so easy for us to already be like, ‘let me cross the street with this dude.’ But you don’t even know that this man loves Amadeus the movie, or this guy actually may be incredibly fascinated with Stephen Hawking. There’s so many different layers to what artists are, so when you get pigeon-holed into one thing, it can either make you collapse or continue to expand the stuff that you like anyway.”

“I love Alfred, because he is hella f******* woke,” Henry said. “He’s hella smart. He’s not by any means your average, run of the mill dude. He’s very educated and very loving and is very funny.”

I mean I **** with the hype but I don't **** with the hype.

I really gotta know what in the world was in Earn's jacket.

That cop scene, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"