Game Awards 2019

Already decided in not getting the next xbox!? So what about PS5? Just curious console or platform you'll be on next gen

So I was right when I voted for Sekiro in the poll. I feel like Death Stranding was a bit divisive to win the top award.

Already decided in not getting the next xbox!? So what about PS5? Just curious console or platform you'll be on next gen

Me? Im a playstation guy from day 1.
Probably too old school to ever change that...always been and will be a sucker for Sony.
Sometimes i flirt with Nintendo due to its incredible easy access, but i always go back to the Playstation.

Yeah I never owned a X-Box and I never will.... unless someone gives me 1 for free but I prefer to be loyal to Playstation especially their game library is much better. I'm looking forward to ps5, though the "prototype model" of it looks hideous.

Rubbish year for GotY candidates.

I skipped the X-Box One this generation but the Series X is backward compatible so I'll just get that and play the back catalog instead.

Definitely getting a PS5 though. I started with the NES and I still get their consoles (minus the Wii-U) but at this point I mainly go for Playstation.

I've had different consoles and really mIss my PS4( sold it for money I needed) but I myself am more of an Xbox guy. Will try to get both Xbox Series X and PS5 next gen and might even get PS5 first of cheaper and depending on the launch titles compared to xbox's

I feel the show was better than last years. In terms of pace. I would like them to add a few more awards back to the mainstage, maybe some musical bits.

My response to the new Xbox:

"I already have a PC with gamepass."

Did Outer Worlds win anything?

Did Outer Worlds win anything?
No. The best chance it's got at winning anything last night was in the Best RPG category but Disco Elysium nabbed it and deservedly so.

I loved TOW, but I don't think it's Obsidian's best. Looking forward to what they're cooking next with Microsoft's AAA budget...

Rubbish year for GotY candidates.
Really? The top 5 games this year were all pretty great imo, with a few Game of the Decade contenders in Sekiro, DMC5 and REmake 2.

Already saving for the New Xbox. Not sure why people comment "already have a PC for Gaming" is it because of the shape? If so that is rather lame. For me been Xbox from day one. No hassle, no updating drivers, no updating Windows, no multi player hackers, nothing breaking for me. Power on and play.

Tried my Gaming PC again and really it was nothing but hassle.

I might get a PS4 at that time, sell my xbox one s and move my X to the bedroom to make way for the new xbox in the living room.

Can't believe that Fast and Furious game was announced at the game awards. It's a big franchise, some cast members are voicing and seems cool at times but the character animations, models and the graphics are odd and so outdated and not in a cool art style or retro way.

It's probably just an indie game but still. More fit as a game at E3 from the game floor than gaming's awards show

Already saving for the New Xbox. Not sure why people comment "already have a PC for Gaming" is it because of the shape? If so that is rather lame. For me been Xbox from day one. No hassle, no updating drivers, no updating Windows, no multi player hackers, nothing breaking for me. Power on and play.

Tried my Gaming PC again and really it was nothing but hassle.

I might get a PS4 at that time, sell my xbox one s and move my X to the bedroom to make way for the new xbox in the living room.
Because it looks like a PC tower and I already have everything that Xbox has to offer for 10 bucks a month. Between steam and Nvidia, PC gaming is just as easy console gaming these days. The issues you're talking about haven't been a real problem in almost a decade. Steam's big picture mode is arguably even more user friendly than the XBones dashboard. Hacking is also an issue across all platforms. It's incredibly naive to think you're somehow getting a better online experience especially with so many titles being cross platform.

I just expected Microsoft to at least attempt to sell this thing to me but nope.

Last edited:
Can't believe that Fast and Furious game was announced at the game awards. It's a big franchise, some cast members are voicing and seems cool at times but the character animations, models and the graphics are odd and so outdated and not in a cool art style or retro way.

It's probably just an indie game but still. More fit as a game at E3 from the game floor than gaming's awards show

I reckon on name brand alone though it will be a hit. Hopefully they jazz up with graphics a bit before release.

glad sekiro won. Death stranding might have been a bit controversial. It’s great to see new IPs do so well

It is, specially since it's From Software, a company that actually respects the player not only on the gameplay department, but also their money.

How/why is Death Stranding controversial?

How/why is Death Stranding controversial?
Because the actual "game" part of Death Stranding is ****ing atrocious and the game awards would like to maintain some semblance of credibility not that they actually have any, but at least their trying.

Wow. So the best parts are the cutscenes or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"