Game Awards 2023

200w.gif

Should have looked into that one more, lol. AC was the first one that popped in my head which is weird because I actually did play Mario Odyssey and I'd probably rank it about equally with BOTW. Maybe I'd give it the edge but there really isn't a wrong choice between the two IMO.

Side note: It's also pretty wild that BOTW and Mario Odyssey came out in the same year.
What a year for Nintendo! :cool:

A challenger approaches:

I saw this on Twitter last week and totally forgot to bring it up on these boards. How in the hell did this get released? It looks worse than the Peter Jackson's King Kong game and that one came out 18 years ago.

I saw this on Twitter last week and totally forgot to bring it up on these boards. How in the hell did this get released? It looks worse than the Peter Jackson's King Kong game and that one came out 18 years ago.

Allegedly it was done in 1 year under heavy crunch.

Allegedly it was done in 1 year under heavy crunch.
That's why I'm shocked it was even released. How does that happen in this day and age? If it was 15-20 years ago and being rushed out to tie in with a movie I would understand but trying to pass off something that looks like a cell phone game from 10 years ago as a current-gen game is insane.

More seriously, I genuinely think Baldur's Gate 3 will sweep the awards, in particular GOTY. It has been a huge surprise and industry darling this year. With the voters being industry professionals and journalists, I feel like its David vs Goliath story against Zelda will play really well. Once hiccup I see is the AAA developers who have been intimidated by the game's polish and the way it has raised the bar in the industry.

I think that too. Although it’s been such a good year for gaming

More seriously, I genuinely think Baldur's Gate 3 will sweep the awards, in particular GOTY. It has been a huge surprise and industry darling this year. With the voters being industry professionals and journalists, I feel like its David vs Goliath story against Zelda will play really well. Once hiccup I see is the AAA developers who have been intimidated by the game's polish and the way it has raised the bar in the industry.
I don't think anything has ever swept. Mainly as the voting is dumb. :funny:

Really hoping you’re right. My faith in these awards will be restored (actually not sure it was ever there :D )

That one really good reviews too and iirc, Control was nominated for goty?

Alan Wake II may have pulled a buzzer-beater victory and become my GOTY.
I haven’t played it but it looked really good on some parts of playthroughs I watched. The first game was good but this looks a ton better. I hope it gets some nods at GotY even if late to build momentum.

Hopefully we hear something about Wonder Woman at TGA. It will be two years since they announced it... so perhaps a story trailer is possible.
Yeah, need some top quality superhero games outside of Batman and Spider-Man, and Wonder Woman is a great character, plus Monolith seems like a good fit for managing the kind of gameplay that might suit her. Great if we do get anything here although might be early.

Any date for the nominations? Last year, it came out around this time.

Five nominees at most per category at TGA? For GOTY, they could do like the Oscars and increase the nominees up to ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"