• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Xbox Game Pass

I never used to buy these when they came out but it will be fun if all friends have it available at the same time going forward.
And now imagine if there are tens of millions of others who are thinking the exact same thing as you. Xbox has been saved

And now imagine if there are tens of millions of others who are thinking the exact same thing as you. Xbox has been saved
It seems they've just given up this year despite having a big lineup of games that they can show at the upcoming showcase, (just as Sony first party sees a slowdown) or it could have had a big impact.

It seems they've just given up this year despite having a big lineup of games that they can show at the upcoming showcase, (just as Sony first party sees a slowdown) or it could have had a big impact.
even if all else fails, Cod will be there to save them. Hate it or love it, it is consistently the biggest annual video game IP.

even if all else fails, Cod will be there to save them. Hate it or love it, it is consistently the biggest annual video game IP.
I'll be glad to get it for free and be able to play it with everyone at the same time. In the past it's been a pain to get everyone together as different friends buy it at different times post release.

I'll be glad to get it for free and be able to play it with everyone at the same time. In the past it's been a pain to get everyone together as different friends buy it at different times post release.
if I was in a different place financially, I would seriously consider just getting an Xbox Series X and just having Gamepass ultimate. With that I would have all the backwards compatibility I want as well the Netflix of gaming at my disposal.

seriously...Cod on Gamepass day 1 will turn the tide in Microsoft's favor. who would pay $70 for one game when you can just have it as part of a monthly subscription?

if I was in a different place financially, I would seriously consider just getting an Xbox Series X and just having Gamepass ultimate. With that I would have all the backwards compatibility I want as well the Netflix of gaming at my disposal.

seriously...Cod on Gamepass day 1 will turn the tide in Microsoft's favor. who would pay $70 for one game when you can just have it as part of a monthly subscription?
I guess EA Play being part of game pass also factors into that. A casual gamer who mainly plays the free to play titles, CoD, FIFA or Madden might think they are well set with that. I think Microsoft needed to hold out a bit longer to see what impact CoD and their titles like Avowed, Doom, Gears 6, Fable etc had before taking any wild decisions or directional changes.

I guess EA Play being part of game pass also factors into that. A casual gamer who mainly plays the free to play titles, CoD, FIFA or Madden might think they are well set with that. I think Microsoft needed to hold out a bit longer to see what impact CoD and their titles like Avowed, Doom, Gears 6, Fable etc had before taking any wild decisions or directional changes.
whoa, what is EA Play? I didn't realize this thing existed, all I knew about was EA Access which Sony was blocking on Ps4 last generation.

also, not sure what you mean with the bolded. are you saying that Microsoft jumped the gun with announcing Cod day & date on gamepass? what's the relation with all the other games you mentioned?

whoa, what is EA Play? I didn't realize this thing existed, all I knew about was EA Access which Sony was blocking on Ps4 last generation.

also, not sure what you mean with the bolded. are you saying that Microsoft jumped the gun with announcing Cod day & date on gamepass? what's the relation with all the other games you mentioned?
It looks like they're the same thing with Access changing name to Play.

I meant Microsoft shouldn't have had any murmurs of (non live service) games going multiplatform and shutting studios till we see more of the effects of well received exclusive games on game pass and sales from all the studios they bought. That strategy needed to at least be seen through till most of the studios have released a game. CoD on game pass was the expectation from buying Activision so nothing wrong with that.

It looks like they're the same thing with Access changing name to Play.
oh I see. thanks for the clarification 👍🏽
I meant Microsoft shouldn't have had any murmurs of (non live service) games going multiplatform and shutting studios till we see more of the effects of well received exclusive games on game pass and sales from all the studios they bought. That strategy needed to at least be seen through till most of the studios have released a game.
I don't think they had a choice. There was a leak in Microsoft's emails or documents or something which started the rumors of their games going multiplatform, so they kinda had to do it. That's why Phil Spencer came out with that "We're listening and we hear you" tweet. There was even a rumor about the rumors that was an inside job by a Microsoft employee, hoping that there would be an outcry from the Xbox community to stop it from happening.
Yes, Microsoft, keep making those IPs you just spent billions on next to worthless
worthless?? dude, Cod is going to be Xbox's savior!

I don't think they had a choice. There was a leak in Microsoft's emails or documents or something which started the rumors of their games going multiplatform, so they kinda had to do it. That's why Phil Spencer came out with that "We're listening and we hear you" tweet. There was even a rumor about the rumors that was an inside job by a Microsoft employee, hoping that there would be an outcry from the Xbox community to stop it from happening.

Not at 15 bucks a month and a 150 million dollar price tag

Not at 15 bucks a month and a 150 million dollar price tag
at $15 a month you get the brand new Cod, AND the entire catalog of the rest of what comes with subscribing. who wouldn't wanna get that instead of paying $70 for the latest Cod as well as that another flat fee for other software throughout the year?

also, what is this $150 million price tag you speak of?

at $15 a month you get the brand new Cod, AND the entire catalog of the rest of what comes with subscribing. who wouldn't wanna get that instead of paying $70 for the latest Cod as well as that another flat fee for other software throughout the year?

also, what is this $150 million price tag you speak of?
I think having all the previous CoDs in one place digitally would be pretty cool too, assuming they are going to drop those at some point.

I don’t think they should have even been considering it until they checked how their bet worked out with all these studios they bought and after *well received games (not the likes of Redfall) came out and how much that moved the needle. Porting even one single player game introduces uncertainty into every other potential exclusive and is a super-dumb thing to do. Like throwing your cards down and giving up before even checking to see if you had a winning hand.

I think having all the previous CoDs in one place digitally would be pretty cool too, assuming they are going to drop those at some point.
That too. I've always treated Cod like a sports game where the previous game is just obsolete since a new game in the series comes out every year, but Cod is an annual series wherein a huge portion of the community still plays previous installments year after year.
I don’t think they should have even been considering it until they checked how their bet worked out with all these studios they bought and after *well received games (not the likes of Redfall) came out and how much that moved the needle. Porting even one single player game introduces uncertainty into every other potential exclusive and is a super-dumb thing to do. Like throwing your cards down and giving up before even checking to see if you had a winning hand.
I don't think they had a choice in that matter either. From the sounds of it all, it seems like the higher ups at Microsoft were ready to just officially shut Xbox down but Phil Spencer convinced them to go after ABK, which they did and succeeded in doing so. The end result was still unfavorable in the eyes of the higher ups, as they felt like they weren't getting an ROI and for that reason, they started making their games multiplatform.

That too. I've always treated Cod like a sports game where the previous game is just obsolete since a new game in the series comes out every year, but Cod is an annual series wherein a huge portion of the community still plays previous installments year after year.

I don't think they had a choice in that matter either. From the sounds of it all, it seems like the higher ups at Microsoft were ready to just officially shut Xbox down but Phil Spencer convinced them to go after ABK, which they did and succeeded in doing so. The end result was still unfavorable in the eyes of the higher ups, as they felt like they weren't getting an ROI and for that reason, they started making their games multiplatform.
CoD's also have the campaigns which are worth going back and completing. I usually enjoy them and they are quick to dive into without having to figure much out.

Well they haven't seen the end result is my point. You can't tell a ROI on an investment until the things you've invested in have put out products. We've still only had a tiny handful of games from all those studios bought that weren't already in development, and it's really the next couple of years that would have started delivering the verdict on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"