The Dark Knight Gangs of Gotham City

JaD

Thriller Night
Reaction score
What kinds of gangs are you looking forward to seeing that The Joker meets with? We know Sal Maroni & Gambol are 2 major players in the Gotham City underworld.

maroni_gambol.jpg

Eric Roberts described in this past interview about filming the gang meeting where the Joker has a huge speech with all the "bad guys of Gotham City" in a "big room, big as half a football field" What kind of gangs/gang leaders do you think we can expect at this meeting? Will this be a "Warriors '79" type of event or do you expect to see random thugs and criminals. Could there be Triads? Latin King-types? Russian mafia? a female gang leader? What other kinds of gangs will be fighting for control of Gotham?

tdk_trailercaps4.jpg

warriors_gangs.jpg

jokerentrance1yt7.jpg

gangmeetingshrpaev6.jpg

I want to see the Irish Mob as led by Micky Sullivan.

Never notice there were people behind the joker in that trailer pic.

Well, I'm sure even if Penguin is out, there will still be some British armsdealers in the movie. It's confirmed there is a Czech gang. I wouldn't mind seeing an Irish or Russian mob. ThoughI wouldn't mind seeing a Frank Miller Mutants Gang. Not in the sense that they are actually mutants, but like just a tip of the hat to him with two guys wearing shirts with their names on them.

Killer Croc (TAS look) and his goons, isn't he a cocaine seller?
The Mad Hatter would be into human trafficking and would have goons to help him out (The whole point being that he was buying "test subjects" to perfect his mind control tactics).
The Riddler is the joke of the underworld and would work alone.

The Penguin should be an arms dealer who's trying to go straight. Which is why he opens his own club (Iceberg Lounge). Of course, he'd have goons there and still dabble in selling weapons to people. After all, he's not really a bad guy, he's amoral. In many ways he is just trying to get along as best he can. I can sympathise with that.

Maroni's Family.

Gambol's Mob.

Possible implication from a Chinese Mob.

The Czech gang.

Scarecrow and his Cronies

What's left of the Falcone Family

And then Joker and his Goons.

And that's just all we KNOW about.

The Penguin should be an arms dealer who's trying to go straight. Which is why he opens his own club (Iceberg Lounge). Of course, he'd have goons there and still dabble in selling weapons to people. After all, he's not really a bad guy, he's amoral. In many ways he is just trying to get along as best he can. I can sympathise with that.

Umm...no.

He should never "try to go straight." Penguin is a thug, no more, no less. His club should just be a front FOR his arms dealings and racketeering.

That's it.

Just to clarify, Czech and Chechen are different things.

edit:

Chechens are from Chechnya and Czech people are from the Czech Republic. The gang in this movie is Chechnyan.

Falcone's Family, now led by Maroni (so I guess its the Maroni family now?)
Gambol's gang
the Chechen Gang
I doubt there will be any others.

yeah i dont know. maybe other minor gangs that get brief mentions. but it seems that the chechens and the maroni's are feuding. and then we know gambol is in there in some capacity. but i don't think anyone else has gotten a mention in the gotham times, so obviously no one else is currently causing a stir.

Never notice there were people behind the joker in that trailer pic.
the people are his goons. it's like the other picture. the "wizard cover" picture. he's standing outside of his flipped semi.

the people are his goons. it's like the other picture. the "wizard cover" picture. he's standing outside of his flipped semi.

That's what I thought it was too

I'd like to see something like a Warrior's/Cyrus speech. I'd especially love to see the reactions of the other gangs. But more importantly to me, I want to see how Joker walks out of it all. I mean, all these gangs, and he's probably going through telling them how insignificant they are. And for Joker to make it out alive, I'm intrigued to see how he does it.

As far as the gangs that I'd like to see though, I really want to see the prominent players in Falcolne's/Maroni's gangs and the Chechens. I would like to see a Irish gang, but I've watched Departed so damn much that I personally want to see something new, like a Russian mafia or some Latin-Kings here and there, I think that'd be awesome.

yeah. i mean, there are a lot of things they could do. i guess we'll have to wait and see. it's all so exciting ^_^

and hey will =D haven't seen you around in awhile

You have a link to that wizard picture.

The Joker-"Can you count suckaaaaaas! I say that Gotham is ours, if you can count!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"