Gareth Edwards's Jurassic City?

The dinosaurs are long gone, but Universal refuses to let this franchise die in the same fashion.

Then again, Jurassic World Dominion, which I don't think I'll ever get around to seeing, did make a billion...so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

I knew it wasn't the end. Regardless, I am curious to see what David Koepp comes up with.

Yeah, the World films each did a billion. Ain't no way Universal is letting it sit for too long.

The project, which has been flying under the radar, is far enough along, and the script in a well-liked shape, that the studio is whispering of a possible 2025 release date.

There is no director on board, but Frank Marshall, the veteran and celebrated producer who oversaw the Jurassic Worldtrilogy, is back producing, as is another Jurassic vet, Patrick Crowley. Spielberg will executive produce via his Amblin Entertainment banner.

It is unclear what form the relaunch is taking. It is known to be launching a “new Jurassic era,” per sources, with an all-new storyline. That would seem to rule out the return of the characters played by Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. And it seems characters featured in the original Jurassic Park movies, played by Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum, would not be involved.

Oh good lord, why (money). Dominion was enough of a chore to sit through as it is.

One silver lining is the JW characters not coming back, so I'm thankful for that least. Supposing they're going full Planet Of The Apes here but with dinos.

I actually had to walk out of Dominion as I fell asleep due to being bored, lol.

Don't give them ideas, Pennywise. Lord knows the last movie already felt like F&F movie as it is.

Yeah, not exactly interested in this, but it’s obvious why Universal wants to keep this cash cow going. It hasn‘t reached Terminator levels yet.

What I posted in the other thread, but that’s hopefully what happens since that’s what we all thought Dominion would be about.

That's what I thought the original JW would be about when they first announced it. And I continue to believe there would've been much better odds of those movies actually being decent if they had gone for that route instead of... all the crap that was all three JW movies. Though it would've been a bummer to lose Camp Cretaceous which is actually shockingly great.

I’
Deadline is saying it's a complete reboot, which is for the best, imo. I'm really curious who will direct

Yeah, I thought that wording from Deadline was interesting.

Hoping for a much darker tone this time around.

Deadline is saying it's a complete reboot, which is for the best, imo. I'm really curious who will direct

I think they mean that loosely. Like how Jurassic World was a complete reboot but a continuation of the Jurassic Park trilogy world.

I take it to mean we’re following new characters but it’s continuing on to where the world is overrun with dinosaurs. Not actually starting over.

I'd love a fresh start but I don't see how they resist the urge to bring back some of the cast, even as cameos. I couldn't care less about seeing Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard in these movies again but I admit it's hard to resist the charm of that OG trio of Neill, Dern and Goldblum.

I'd even be open to Joseph Mazzello coming back as Tim. He's still in the biz.

Oh good lord, why (money). Dominion was enough of a chore to sit through as it is.

One silver lining is the JW characters not coming back, so I'm thankful for that least. Supposing they're going full Planet Of The Apes here but with dinos.
I would take a JW take on Dinotopia

Jurassic is one of my favorite franchises. Enjoy all the films and I’m always ready for more. Awesome news and very excited.

Yeah, this isn't surprising at all considering how much money the last movie made despite its poor quality, but man I really hope they get an inspired choice as far as a director goes this time around.

Colin Trevorrow needs to be far away from this but keep the foundation that the previous movies set-up with dinos out in the real world but go back to the franchise's smaller scale/horror roots.

Lord & Miller would be really fun choices and after 10 Cloverfield Lane and Prey I'd be really interested in seeing what Dan Trachtenberg could bring to this franchise with his unique direction.

Matt Reeves would be a dream choice though. You can't tell me after seeing what he did with Cloverfield and those Apes films that the man wouldn't make an awesome JP/JW film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"