Gareth Edwards's Jurassic City?

Love that news. Don't love that they called it Jurassic World 4 in that tweet. It's Jurassic Park 7, dammit! :argh:
Well, let's keep those new movies as far as possible from the originals... 😅

Well, let's keep those new movies as far as possible from the originals... 😅
The new movies should strive to be MORE like the originals, to be honest. Fallen Kingdom and Dominion are the weakest entries in the series but I'll at least give them credit for embracing old school animatronics more than Jurassic World did. Give us more of that.

I agree with that. Do like the originals and use CGI where it's needed but primarily refer to animatronics for the more up close and personal shots to give them that extra authenticity.

There are so many more species of dinosaurs that have been discovered since the inception of this series and using animatronics would work great with giving it that realness and horror-esque vibe from the original.

The new movies should strive to be MORE like the originals, to be honest. Fallen Kingdom and Dominion are the weakest entries in the series but I'll at least give them credit for embracing old school animatronics more than Jurassic World did. Give us more of that.
Oh yeah, I'm all for animatronics too as I'm a complete snob when it comes to practical visual effect. 😅

But really, I'm not feeling that movie anyway. I'm one of those who genuinely think the franchise has run its course and that it would probably be more interesting to return to the novel in a few years' time. Spielberg focused on the adventure/cautionary tale part, and did it beautifully, but there's plenty of material in Crichton's book for a completely different, fresh adaptation.

However, I understand well that when it comes to the big screen, everything Jurassic-Park stems from what the 1993 film did and has gradually had less and less to do with the book (although I think the latest film flirts with some ideas in its vein imo). I'm not a big on Gareth Edward at all, but at least he has a different sensibility to Trevorrow, so who knows what he can bring with Koepp...
But yeah, I'm not expecting much.

It's probably too much of a shark-jump for this franchise but I'd like to see something similar to the last Apes trilogy. Some virus wipes out most of humanity and the dinosaurs flourish and thrive while small pocket colonies of humans struggle to adapt and survive. Or Last of Us with dinosaurs.

Look, the end game of this franchise is Dino Riders.

That title just activated a long-forgotten childhood memory for me. Anyone remember this totally obscure movie?

1713224951053.png

It's been an unconfirmed title for a while, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt at the moment.

tenor.gif

Yeah, I'm surprised the thread title was changed to it even though there's been no official confirmation as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"