• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gary Marshall's (Please, call him Mr. Marshall) Mothers Day

nite-owl

Avenger
Reaction score
Here is a fresh movie package that will stir up some pre-July 4th fireworks among studios. Julia Roberts is set and Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, and Jason Sudeikis are in negotiations for Mother’s Day, a ensemble film that Garry Marshall is set to direct from a script by Anya Kochoff-Romano and Lily Hollander. The pic tells intertwining stories about the lives of several mothers as the title holiday approaches. It is the latest in Marshall’s holiday movie series that began with New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day, both of which were made by New Line. The package is going out to buyers from CAA this evening.

The film will be produced by Wayne Rice, Gulfstream Pictures’ Mike Karz, and Kevin Frakes of PalmStar Media, which is financing the film, with Palmstar’s Ankur Rungta exec producing. All of this is moving very quickly, as the film will begin production in August. It marks a re-team between Roberts and Marshall, who worked together on hit Pretty Woman, the film that launched Roberts to become the highest paid star of her era.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/julia-r...deikis-mothers-day-garry-marshall-1201465357/

I wonder if Gillian Jacobs will be in this.

Well if at first you do not succeed at copying Love Actually, try, try, and try again.

With that said, I will pass.

Didn't see Valentine's Day, but New Year's Eve was god awful.

Garry Marshall has to keep making these movies or Hallmark will kill his loved ones.

Garry Marshall has to keep making these movies or Hallmark will kill his loved ones.

Plus he can't rely on the residuals of re-runs of Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley and Mork and Mindy Forever. He's not Norman Lear.

Throw in a lot of popular actors and several stories that takes place during the same day, then I will see it :)

Hope it's successful. We might get a Father's Day film!

Throw in a lot of popular actors and several stories that takes place during the same day, then I will see it :)

Hope it's successful. We might get a Father's Day film!

lkESlb1.gif

I'm actually a bit surprised that Gary Marshall hasn't cast Bryce Dallas Howard in one of his movies yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"