*gasp*

cookiva said:
It was an article about how much the main stars made compared to everyone else, and why a Wolverine movie will solve that problem. Instead of an Xmen movie with a bunch of main characters, only one focused one....

Off Topic: Your avatar... mesmorizing...

:cool: (<--- In place of a "drooling" smiley)

X-Maniac said:
How so? Because i stand up for myself, refuse to be shouted down, falsely accused or driven off here? Please.. get the facts first.

Actually, when X3 first came out back in May, I remember that you accused some posters who didn't like the movie, of not being an X-Men fan. I can't find those posts, but I'm sure some people can back me up on this.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Actually, when X3 first came out back in May, I remember that you accused some posters who didn't like the movie, of not being an X-Men fan. I can't find those posts, but I'm sure some people can back me up on this.

The Batman showed those posts when the whole ordeal with LastSunrise started going down. It was against me. That first night after seeing X-Men: The Last Stand and posting my negative review, I got blasted by quite a few people; X-Maniac, JustABill, Wolverini...

Wait im confused,

YOU! got blasted by X-Maniac?

Ok.........

Edit- You ppl are confusing :)

WorthyStevens4 said:

Yes, that's true. And your point is?

gambitfire said:
Wait im confused,

YOU! got blasted by X-Maniac?

Ok.........

Edit- You ppl are confusing :)

Now what was that you were saying about trolling?

Are we going to go over all this again? This forum is like a microwave that just keeps reheating old stuff over and over....

But if we must revisit that... then, yes, I had assumed Nell didn't like the movie (on first viewing) because it seemed to me he had a pre-existing bias against Ratner, against the lack of Singer, death of Cyclops, and absence of Gambit; I also believed he wasn't a comicbook reader because I'm sure he had asked where to buy the Phoenix Saga just before the movie came out and I thought any real X-Men fan would surely have that story if nothing else... In fact, I had felt sure Nell would not like the movie before he had even seen it because his posts on here seemed to express concerns and doubts. These seemed fair assumptions to me, based on what I'd seen on this forum. He has since explained in full why he didn't like the movie at first, why he likes it now, and explained what he has read in the comics. Fair enough. What did happen was a little unpleasant, because several people (not just me) thought Nell's initial opinion was 'predictable' and he seemed to come under attack. I don't think my posts to him back then were nasty or horrible or name-calling, they were just direct. I've argued with many people on here - AlmightyPejo, Bosef, many others. It's become very heated at times. Such is the nature of forum life. Apologies to Nell if the tone of those earlier posts were wounding or offensive. But they weren't meant that way at all - the internet often fails to give the right tone or inflexion to what is said.

I don't know why it's an issue four months later. Why is this forum becoming more about the people on it than it is about the movie? And why are other people intent on stirring up trouble? Because they are intent on dividing the fans and creating in-fighting, and making this forum a negative hellhole!

I will make this quite simple for all of us: The next user who takes a personal swipe at another will be banned for 3 weeks.

The line has been drawn in the sand. It would be an unfortunate thing to cross it again from this point on. Now talk about the X-Men and knock off this childish, playground mentality please.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
The Batman showed those posts when the whole ordeal with LastSunrise started going down. It was against me. That first night after seeing X-Men: The Last Stand and posting my negative review, I got blasted by quite a few people; X-Maniac, JustABill, Wolverini...
May I say, that I apologize for blasting you...

X-Maniac said:
Now what was that you were saying about trolling?

Are we going to go over all this again? This forum is like a microwave that just keeps reheating old stuff over and over....

But if we must revisit that... then, yes, I had assumed Nell didn't like the movie (on first viewing) because it seemed to me he had a pre-existing bias against Ratner, against the lack of Singer, death of Cyclops, and absence of Gambit; I also believed he wasn't a comicbook reader because I'm sure he had asked where to buy the Phoenix Saga just before the movie came out and I thought any real X-Men fan would surely have that story if nothing else... In fact, I had felt sure Nell would not like the movie before he had even seen it because his posts on here seemed to express concerns and doubts. These seemed fair assumptions to me, based on what I'd seen on this forum. He has since explained in full why he didn't like the movie at first, why he likes it now, and explained what he has read in the comics. Fair enough. What did happen was a little unpleasant, because several people (not just me) thought Nell's initial opinion was 'predictable' and he seemed to come under attack. I don't think my posts to him back then were nasty or horrible or name-calling, they were just direct. I've argued with many people on here - AlmightyPejo, Bosef, many others. It's become very heated at times. Such is the nature of forum life. Apologies to Nell if the tone of those earlier posts were wounding or offensive. But they weren't meant that way at all - the internet often fails to give the right tone or inflexion to what is said.

I don't know why it's an issue four months later. Why is this forum becoming more about the people on it than it is about the movie? And why are other people intent on stirring up trouble? Because they are intent on dividing the fans and creating in-fighting, and making this forum a negative hellhole!

Just so people don't get the wrong idea; I was very optimistic about this film from day 1. I never doubted it, and never had concerns over Ratner. So I'm still unsure where THAT idea came from. I can understand you have concerns over my worries about the Gambit and Cyclops' situations, as I made those clear... but never once did I think I'd not enjoy the movie.

With that said, what you just said is the point.

First off, the things you said were directed towards ME. I did not like them at the time, no, but that was I dunno how many months ago, and since then, I have seen you debate the movie without resorting to name-calling. It happened to me, so I don't understand why others are taking is so personally. And to be honest, until The Batman brought it back up, I had forgotten about it, so surely I'm over it. No need for other people to take personally what happened to me and I have moved past.

I did ask what issues the Phoenix Saga was handled in, as I admit to this day I still haven't read it. I may be a huge fan of the X-Men, but I don't claim to be an expert. I have a large collection of comics, but my collection does not cover every arc ever, and I am missing some big ones. I have some "classic" issues, and issues ranging from #20 (original team) all the way through more recent arcs like The Draco, but that doesn't mean I have every issue that covers every arc.

With that said, I don't think that says anything about how "untrue" of a fan I am. I may not be the expert, but that doesn't take away from my fandom, and I still know these characters and this world pretty damn well if I say so myself.

And no, that wasn't a rant against you, X-Maniac. It's just me talking by this point.

But to direct something towards you, trust when I say I'm over what was said in the past. And as uncalled for as it may have been at the time, what was said 4 months ago, directed towards me, and something I've moved past from, is no justification to start these wars over "we can't dislike the movie without being bashed" and bashing those who did like it.

Nor is there any justification to bash those who didn't like the movie.

Like the movie or not, I enjoy discussing it and debating it, and I hope that both sides can get along in intelligent debate without resorting to insulting each other's intelligences, standards, and character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"