Crank 2: High Voltage

I just got back from seeing this and had a fun time. I like the first one better but this was still some crazy fun.

As for the cameos, I recognized Geri Halliwell and Corey Haim. I had no idea untill now that the old asian guy was David Carradine, my gf and I were saying how that character looked so familiar but couldn't quite place it.

I didn't catch Lloyd Kaufman or Maynard. I saw Maynard's name in the credits and being a big Tool fan I was surprised I didn't recognize him. Was he one of the two guys with the dog and the dog collar?

I liked how they changed up the editing a bit from the first film and made it a bit faster and crazier. A lot of scenes, especially near the beginning felt like a video game.

One of the scenes that had me laughing due to the cheesiness of it all was when he's having sex with Amy Smart at the race track and all of a sudden catched the cowboy hat.

I wonder if there going to end it there or make a third.
Yeah he was the one with the glasses and polo shirt on. Usually he's bald (at least that's how he is around town) but he had hair in the movie. The guy he's with is Danny Lohner who he often collaborates with in APC and Puscifer

Hmm, all may not be lost for Crank 3D.

The Bank Job opened roughly the same time last year with an even weaker opening weekend and had strong enough legs to do $60 million WW.

congrats, guys...

you keep complaining that R rated movies don't do well at the box office, and ***** that everything is so PG-13 these days, and then you continually don't go see the R rated movies...

do you realize that if every one of us here (which isn't really that many) went to see this movie, it would have at least doubled it's box office?

Um, huh? What are you talking about?

congrats, guys...

you keep complaining that R rated movies don't do well at the box office, and ***** that everything is so PG-13 these days, and then you continually don't go see the R rated movies...

do you realize that if every one of us here (which isn't really
that many) went to see this movie, it would have at least doubled it's box office?

This post is full of so much FAIL.

Crank: High Voltage opens with a scene from a video game and thats exactly what Crank: High Voltage is a big,funny,and silly video game.
Jason Statham as Chev Chelios has proven himself indestructible ,hell he survived a mile high drop from a helicopter,so his body parts are for sale especially his heart,suited with an artificial heart Chelios aims to track down his real heart.
This is a mindless but funny romp,with fun turns from Corey Haim,Bai Ling,Efren Ramirez,Dwight Yoakam and to may others to name here.Amy Smart is still smoking hot ,the scene of her in a silver dress and when the cops stop her and tells her to spread em,those gorgeous legs are....WOW
I was shocked at how long Crank: High Voltage was or maybe its just that it starts to lose its steam towards the end.I cant recommend blowing 10 to 12 bucks on this but definitely rent it one night and watch it with friends.
Scale of 1-10 a 7

considering the current climate, the release date, and the amount of new films released last week, $6 million is not that bad, especially for a flick which has only cost less than $15 million to make.

The first one opened to $10 million in 2006.

It will make more than its budget and will probably make a sizeable profit around the world.

It should be able to at least get close the domestic total of the first movie I think without any big problems.

So all is not lost.

But yeah, it would have been good to see the movie make its budget back in the opening weekend.

what happened to men in America...have they become *****es. I am continually seeing hardcore r-rated badass action movies not doing well at the box-office anymore. The last one being anything close to a hit was Wanted.... We complain that we want r-rated action movies, but people don't support them. If these was the 80's....it would be a bigger hit

This movie was amazing. I wasn't a fan of the first (what the hell was with all that slowing down and talking BS?), and this one fixed everything that was wrong with it. I'm seeing it again on Weds.

what happened to men in America...have they become *****es. I am continually seeing hardcore r-rated badass action movies not doing well at the box-office anymore. The last one being anything close to a hit was Wanted.... We complain that we want r-rated action movies, but people don't support them.

Eh, people these days. What can you say, I'm surprised given the fan praise that Watchmen fell short. Oh wait, people got hung up on blue F****ing penis...

People underestimate the power of the PG-13 movie. :(

It all just goes to show you how much is riding on these R-rated films and how there's that huge risk of loss between the rating jumps.

People underestimate the power of the PG-13 movie. :(

It all just goes to show you how much is riding on these R-rated films and how there's that huge risk of loss between the rating jumps.

I find this movies performance being about Zack Efron & Mily Sirus and the wussified boyfriends being towed along instead of seeing the movie they should see.

PG-13 is a rating, not a damn Hollywood standard. PG films used to have more chungas than modern PG-13 films.

what happened to men in America...have they become *****es. I am continually seeing hardcore r-rated badass action movies not doing well at the box-office anymore. The last one being anything close to a hit was Wanted.... We complain that we want r-rated action movies, but people don't support them. If these was the 80's....it would be a bigger hit

I fully agree with all of this.Especially the part about men becoming *****es.

This movie ruled! It makes the first look subtle! The finale was a bit of a let down and the final shot dosen't have as much impact as the first one did but the overal hyper, ultravoilent style is something most action films need.

I don't drink, but I think it was when the beer companies started making fruit flavored beer drinks. That was the start of it all.

I don't drink, but I think it was when the beer companies started making fruit flavored beer drinks. That was the start of it all.

LOL. That and the whole "Yeah, my girlfriend wants to see this instead and if I don't agree with her then I'm going to have to cheat on her with Polly Palmer and her five sisters."

I use to sit at a bar and watch guys constantly get drinks that the girls were drinking to 'impress' them. There I was feeling like a dork with my Jack and coke. lol

congrats, guys...

do you realize that if every one of us here (which isn't really that many) went to see this movie, it would have at least doubled it's box office?

Mr Credible? You don't have a scooby do ya?

Movie was freakin' awesome. wich they were promotional items around like t-shirts and stuff

PG-13 is a rating, not a damn Hollywood standard. PG films used to have more chungas than modern PG-13 films.

'ken oath. Quint's death in Jaws would never be PG-13 today. Same as Rocky's eye getting cut open with a staney knife in Rocky. Hell even Lewis' death in Robocop 3!

Whats worse is there's people who defend it because the action is not important... in an action movie!

I saw this today. Absolutely loved it. :up::up:

I just hope the constant dissappointments at the B.O. for Statam doesn't turn him into a straight to DVD actor... I think he's too good for that. He needs to be in a big hit

"Who's got my ****ing strawberry tart?"

:huh:

"Strawberry tart = :heart:"

There were so many things to love in this movie. For one, I loved how they just continued the story straight from the first one. They brought back all the original characters they needed, gave us some needed flashbacks, and looped it all together to make this ****ed up movie even more interesting. This movie had great dialogue, awesome WTF moments, and some hilarious over-the-top acting that fit perfectly. By the time the final shot ended ([blackout]the hospital scene, not the "flicking off on fire" scene[/blackout]) I was incredibly satisfied.

I really don't know where to start with this film, because I can't remember the last time I saw something this (intentionally) ridiculous in a theater before, except maybe the first Crank. Bearing that in mind though, the first Crank is remarkably tame compared to High Voltage. I loved that it starts with a newscast and the anchor (the great John DeLancie) comments on how seemingly implausible the events of the first Crank were! Then it's just absolute lucancy from start to finish!

I figured the guy playing the Chinese crime lord was white, but I sure as f*** didn't think it was David freakin' Carradine!

And yeah, Crank 3D really is the only logical way for it to go now!

I just hope the constant dissappointments at the B.O. for Statam doesn't turn him into a straight to DVD actor... I think he's too good for that. He needs to be in a big hit

The guy has acting chops with Trainspotting and Snatch under his belt. :up: It'd be cool to see him take a break and tackle something where he doesn't have to kick the s**t out of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"