Gears of War headed to the big screen.

ProjectPat2280

SELLING...PERFECTION
Reaction score
Looks like Gears of War is going to be headed to the big screen thanks to movie studio New Line.

Im not surprised that this has happend, as big as Gears has become it was inevitable. If it does get made, lets hope it doesnt suck like every other video game to film venture.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774549p1.html

I doubt we'll see this before the halo movie comes out

I doubt we'll see this before the halo movie comes out

I dont know, I think they are going for an 09 release and Halo doesnt look like its going any where for awhile. I dont think Halo even needs to be made into a movie.

Halo is on hiatus, and I'm sure this will come out before Halo does.

I would like to see Halo on screen. With peter Jackson as producer it could work. I would be better if he was director but i sense another 3 hr movie - Good in theatres but hard to watch over and over again once it comes out on DVD.

Noooooo! Not a GOW movie. Y'all know it's gonna suck. Don't give GOW to Hollywood. Look what happened to Resident Evil.

Hollywood has sure run out of ideas.

Damn.

Noooooo! Not a GOW movie. Y'all know it's gonna suck. Don't give GOW to Hollywood. Look what happened to Resident Evil.

I can agree with ya. While id like to see Gears on the big screen, i just have little faith that it could be done properly. I rather not see it come to film if its not gonna be perfect.

Playing the game got boring. I'd hate to imagine how it would be watching it.

Resident Evil was actually good, part 2 eh, i dint like , who knows, Part 3 might bring it back. As for GOW, if they make it somewhat of how starship troopers was made back in the day, it could actually be really good.

What I just did is nothing like what you did in the Nintendo boards

i dont think Gears of War is an especially enticing story (nor was the game all that fun, for me, at least). God of War would make a much better movie, imo.

i dont think Gears of War is an especially enticing story (nor was the game all that fun, for me, at least). God of War would make a much better movie, imo.

I think thats coming as well.

Just because the game's story isn't all that great, that doesn't mean the screen writers couldn't make it better.

Since when do movies follow the same exact plotline of the game anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"