Gears Of War: Judgment

I'm also a massive fan of the fiction & RAAM's Shadow was excellent fan service. One of the best DLCs for any game I've played. Looking forward to the campaign for the same reasons you are. This title's had a lot of thought put into it rather than just being a safe upgrade to Gears 3. Although it's a shame that a lot of good features outside of campaign are being sacrificed in the translation. I'd rather they build on what has gone before rather than outright replace and reduce. But any Gears game of this standard (judging from reviews) or better will always get a hell of a lot of hours out of me.

Enjoying it so far. Really fun campaign. Doesn't seem to be much chatter between characters yet though :/

Good to see sooo many good reviews. Picking mine up after work tomorrow.

Yeah good reviews by normal game standards. Well below averages for the main series though, as expected.

Metacritic
Gears 1 - 94
Gears 2 - 93
Gears 3 - 91
Gears Judgment - somewhere between 79-83 at the moment

I may be the only one on the planet that didn't like Gears 2 much. At all.

What didn't you like? The Dom Maria build up? And I'm guessing you liked the others if you singled out Gears 2?

And not really dude, Gears has its fair share of haters, even of just the campaigns. You're certainly not alone.

I liked Gears 1... was very "eh" on Gears 2...Enjoyed the heck out of 3 which, to date, is probably my favorite.

I think I put the most hours into 2 but that was because of Horde mode which was my intro to online gaming of any kind. I guess if I look at campaign only Gears 2 is probably my least favourite of the 3.

This campaign is great. Still warming to the story but the battles are refreshingly tense and unpredictable.

How are you playing your 1st playthrough? Solo/co-op & what difficulty? I want to do 4 player casual to get through the story as quickly as possible..keep up the cinematic pace. Then Insane asap after. I think it's going to be really hard to 3 star all the Insane declassified mission things. It'd be hard enough just getting through the mission on Insane without having to 3 star it & then have declassified restrictions & to top it off a smart spawn that throws planning out the window to an extent.

I'm doing solo hardcore atm. I've given up on the declassifieds too, going to save them for 4 player co-op on insane so I can just focus on the game first time around

So I should be able to check out the Overrun Demo at least tonight while I'm waiting for the full game.

I really enjoyed Overrun. It gets pretty intense. It always seems like the faction you're going against is overpowered but I think they just had a good team

I may be the only one on the planet that didn't like Gears 2 much. At all.

Nah, i didnt much care for it at all, in fact i hated it(at least the mp). LOVED Gears 3 tho.

I played a few matches of the Overrun demo and dont much care for it at all. Cant stand the idea of the class based system(thats not for every MP mode correct?) Its also like i feared and seems the Lancer is now back to being a s**t weapon. I also dont like how Y is used to switch weapons, nor do i like that you can auto throw a grenade. We've used the dpad system for 3 games now, NO need to change that.

I really dont know what to do, I know i wont like this over Gears 3, but iv purchased every Gears game to this point plus im gonna have a lot of friends playing this. Guess i can redbox it in a week or so.

I wasn't crazy about Gears of War 2 either. Played through the campaign once and barely touched the multiplayer.

Nah, i didnt much care for it at all, in fact i hated it(at least the mp). LOVED Gears 3 tho.

I played a few matches of the Overrun demo and dont much care for it at all. Cant stand the idea of the class based system(thats not for every MP mode correct?) Its also like i feared and seems the Lancer is now back to being a s**t weapon. I also dont like how Y is used to switch weapons, nor do i like that you can auto throw a grenade. We've used the dpad system for 3 games now, NO need to change that.

I really dont know what to do, I know i wont like this over Gears 3, but iv purchased every Gears game to this point plus im gonna have a lot of friends playing this. Guess i can redbox it in a week or so.

The players have more health in Overrun than in the mp, the lancer and gnasher are beasts in multiplayer. Once you get going with y as weapon switch and grenade throwing as lb it feels perfect and makes you question why they didn't have it there in the first place

The players have more health in Overrun than in the mp, the lancer and gnasher are beasts in multiplayer. Once you get going with y as weapon switch and grenade throwing as lb it feels perfect and makes you question why they didn't have it there in the first place

Hmm, maybe youre right. I just dont think they needed the switch.

Overrun is fine but I don't see it a something I'd play long term. They made this mode in response to multiple calls to be able to play as the other side in Horde. But that's not what this is, or at least it doesn't capture what would be awesome about that.

Also the new controls will take a bit of getting used to. Didn't feel natural after all those years of playing with the regular controls!

Why in the blue hell would they have it to where you can only equip one main weapon? Jeezus thats stupid. Im going to wait for them to fix that in a patch because its obviously a mistake made by PCF.

Nope. It's a deliberate change and I actually like it to be honest. It forces you to choose one weapon instead of fall back on something and the inevitable shotgun. You can still pick up other weapons instead of your pistol, you just only have one main starting weapon.

The main problem I'm having is I REALLY think DBNO needs to be back in Team Deathmatch. I get why it's not in free for all but otherwise it needs to come back.

Also, I don't know why they stripped down the customisation so much. Where are all the playable locust characters? Where are all the main Gears characters? Why are there onlye like 10 characters to choose from?

Played a few hours if mp last night. My impression? Simply underwhelmed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"