Geneaology

I'm very interested in finding out more information about my family. I've been wanting to for quite some time, but haven't been able to just yet. I'm hoping to compile a complete family tree and trace all roots back. I haven't seemed to come across a good site for it either. :csad:

if you put his buddy in there, i wouldve known exactly who you meant. but on its own, the name just didn't hit me.
I didn't want to post a pic of them both and run the risk of someone thinking an ancestor of mine was a fatty. Ick.

I'm very interested in finding out more information about my family. I've been wanting to for quite some time, but haven't been able to just yet. I'm hoping to compile a complete family tree and trace all roots back. I haven't seemed to come across a good site for it either. :csad:

a lot of the good sites cost money unfortunately, but some of em offer trials to check them out.

so far, my favorite is www.myheritage.com best of all it's free. and it also has a free Family Tree Builder Software that I love. It's interface is easy and you can add pictures and notes and stuff. It's also really simple to publish to the web :up:

try it out and lemme know what you think.

I'm pretty sure Starbird isn't a very popular name. Although my mom's maiden name 'Booth' is pretty popular. Supposedly we are related to John Wilkes Booth.

the only person i've ever heard of with that last name was a wnba player.

some of the more common names will definitely be hard i think. i got a lot of littles, whites, and a gazillion williamses in my tree. the bad part about some of em is they all have the same names, so its the other info i know about em that helps me distinguish one from the other as best i can.

i'm up to 900+ people so far.

a lot of the good sites cost money unfortunately, but some of em offer trials to check them out.

so far, my favorite is www.myheritage.com best of all it's free. and it also has a free Family Tree Builder Software that I love. It's interface is easy and you can add pictures and notes and stuff. It's also really simple to publish to the web :up:

try it out and lemme know what you think.

I'll have to try that out. Alot of the ones that I have come across are not cheap.

I wish my name was Johnny Starburst. I'd be delicious,

I'm pretty sure Starbird isn't a very popular name. Although my mom's maiden name 'Booth' is pretty popular. Supposedly we are related to John Wilkes Booth.

i've just found Booth in my tree :wow:

we could be distant removed cousins or something lol

one of my cousins has her own Wiki page :up:

i'll post the link after i read it lol
just wanna make sure it isnt too crazy

My parents were very into it for a few years.

As far as I know, my distant cousins include: Dubya Bush :-)csad:), Dane Cook, Marilyn Monroe, FDR, the Wilson Bros. (Beach Boys), Richard Gere, Orson Welles, Pocahontas, Thomas Jefferson, Nick Dinsmore (Eugene from WWE), Chuck Dinsmore (Stanley Cup winner from 1924), maybe Ian Fleming, and maybe Johnny Carson.

just wondering if anyone out there is into this stuff?

I am and have started to compile a family tree of my family. I'm at 367 people right now, and i'm only on my father's side.

If you are into this kind of stuff, what websites/software do you all use.

I'm only using Myheritage.com at the moment. I really like their family tree builder software. It's got a pretty easy user interface, and best of all... it's free.

Thanks for the website. I've already got my family posted on it. :yay:

We are at the point where some websites will help you with genealogy for free. You would just have to look,or give a e-mail address.

ComicChick said:
i'm up to 900+ people so far.

That's quite a lot. You should put the tree up so people can see,maybe they will see a relative of their's and you can add even more to your tree.

My mother's family is directly descended from Erik the Red. :cool:

We are at the point where some websites will help you with genealogy for free. You would just have to look,or give a e-mail address.

That's quite a lot. You should put the tree up so people can see,maybe they will see a relative of their's and you can add even more to your tree.

i'm going to upload it once i'm finished. i'm still pieceing together things from different family books and stuff

My mother's family is directly descended from Erik the Red. :cool:

this kid in my class in middle school was related to Charlemagne. You just made me remember that

I've tried MyHeritage.com but it takes alot of patience and that I don't have. Plus my whole family is disfunctional. No one communicates like we're a family. :(

I've tried MyHeritage.com but it takes alot of patience and that I don't have. Plus my whole family is disfunctional. No one communicates like we're a family. :(

that's my mom's side of the family :( we're not close at all.

my dad's side of the family is the total opposite. i feel closer to them who all live in other states than i do relatives living 20 miles away

i've just found Booth in my tree :wow:

we could be distant removed cousins or something lol

That'd be awesome:woot:. If it helps any, my mother(Booth) was born in Oregon, but I think her father originated from Arkansas. My dad(Stabird) Was born in Arkansas also.

Booth? My great-grandfather on my mother's side was Johnathan Booth. Born in Oregon also.

Hold on, FV, what exactly does your tree look like regarding the Booths?

I haven't created a family tree yet, my mom has TRIED, yet she messes up everytime. I have to do some research on it, I'll get back to you though.

wow, we could have a family match here. wouldn't that be killer?

as for the Booth in my family, I think she was from Baltimore.

and, if anyone was curious (which i doubt) to who my "famous" relative was, here's her wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawn_Hall

Hmm, this is interestng. I would research my mom's side, but I don't know how to start.
I guess I'm asking for help CC!:D

There are a couple Booths in my tree from Baltimore. :dry:

one named Joyce?

if she was still alive she'd be in her late 60s, early 70s

she'd be an ex wife of my uncle doug wms

Joyce? HOLY ****! There is a Joyce and she was married to Robert... theres no last name for the Robert dude. But there is a Joyce.

Hmm, this is interestng. I would research my mom's side, but I don't know how to start.
I guess I'm asking for help CC!:D

have you downloaded the software?

if you have, it's pretty easy to use, just start pluggin people into it.

if it's easier, make youself the "home" person and branch out from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"