General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread

Do I really need to explain to you guys why Bruce Willis in Star Wars would be a terrible idea? lmao

Bruce's naked head reflects the truth Colin's hipster glasses are concealing.

When 2015 Bruce Willis has more facial expression range than you, it's just sad.

Mark's growing the beard back. He did the Skellig Michael stuff for 8, shaved for Flash and he's growing it back.

Source

From J.J. Abrams new Wired.com interview.

The script for VIII is written. I’m sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are. But what Larry and I did was set up certain key relationships, certain key questions, conflicts. And we knew where certain things were going. We had meetings with Rian and Ram Bergman, the producer of VIII. They were watching dailies when we were shooting our movie. We wanted them to be part of the process, to make the transition to their film as seamless as possible. I showed Rian an early cut of the movie, because I knew he was doing his rewrite and prepping. And as executive producer of VIII, I need that movie to be really good. Withholding serves no one and certainly not the fans. So we’ve been as transparent as possible.

Rian has asked for a couple of things here and there that he needs for his story. He is an incredibly accomplished filmmaker and an incredibly strong writer. So the story he told took what we were doing and went in the direction that he felt was best but that is very much in line with what we were thinking as well. But you’re right—that will be his movie; he’s going to do it in the way he sees fit. He’s neither asking for nor does he need me to oversee the process.

The climax of Episode 8 is when Kylo cuts Rey's arm off in a dark and intense lightsaber battle.

These movies will all be so different. ["Episode VIII" director] Rian Johnson is a friend of mine — he's going to make some weird thing. If you've seen Rian's work, you know it's not going be like anything that's ever been in "Star Wars." You couldn't have three more different people than J.J., Rian and ["Episode IX" director] Colin [Trevorrow]. Those movies will have the "Star Wars" saga as their basis, but everything else will be different. Then Phil Lord and Chris Miller are going to make the Han Solo film and I can't guess what that will be like — and I'm writing it!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-star-wars-lawrence-kasdan-20151206-story.html

I said he gave a great performance. The movie is good because it succeeds in all areas.

Bruce is a weird choosy actor.

He's good in certain roles, when he wants to be. When he's bad, he's awful.

I don't think Finn will return in Star Wars Episode 8, since no one in the 6 Star Wars movies, Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars have survived a lightsaber injury, besides Darth Maul, he replaced the bottom half of his body with robot legs. Finn's lightsaber injury was on his arm.

I don't think Finn will return in Star Wars Episode 8, since no one in the 6 Star Wars movies, Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars have survived a lightsaber injury, besides Darth Maul, he replaced the bottom half of his body with robot legs. Finn's lightsaber injury was on his arm.

http://screencrush.com/episode-8-returning-characters/
In a new interview with Mexican website Excelsior, Kennedy revealed that Rian Johnson will film part of Episode 8 in Mexico, and he’ll be joined by John Boyega and Oscar Isaac, reprising the roles of Finn and Poe Dameron.

I didn't get the implication that Finn wouldn't be in episode 8...like at all. :confused:

Will VIII focus on romance? Traditionally, the 2nd episode always focus on romance in both OT and PT. They'll be adding two new female characters to this one, so I'm guessing romance will play a big part in VIII. I've never seen Rian Johnson's works before, how does he handle romantic plot?

Last edited:
All his romances have been doomed, lol. While there probably will be a little romance in this one, I honestly doubt it will be a huge focus.

And yeah, Finn's obviously gonna be in Episode VIII. That's not even a question for me.

Will VIII focus on romance? Traditionally, the 2nd episode always focus on romance in both OT and PT. They'll be adding two new female characters to this one, so I'm guessing romance will play a big part in VIII. I've never seen Rian Johnson's works before, how does he handle romantic plot?

Two? Did I miss something?

All his romances have been doomed, lol. While there probably will be a little romance in this one, I honestly doubt it will be a huge focus.

And yeah, Finn's obviously gonna be in Episode VIII. That's not even a question for me.

[BLACKOUT]"We'll meet again."

Rian Johnson writing episode 8: "And they never meet ever again."[/BLACKOUT]

1. I'm really happy for her. She's been really good in everything that I've seen her in. I kind of hope that she plays a villain since I've only ever seen her play "nice" characters.

2. If I remember correctly, the report was that Episode VIII would have at least TWO new major female characters (and possibly three). So there's still hope for Maslany, if that's true.

I wouldn't mind Keri Russell playing some high level Republic Official actually.

When will Episode 8 be getting its own section like TFA? When we get a title?

I wouldn't mind Keri Russell playing some high level Republic Official actually.

I hadnt considered her, but count me in with those who would like Keri Russel in these movies. I could totally see her as a New Republic politician or some sort of Resistance leader or even a fighter.

When will Episode 8 be getting its own section like TFA? When we get a title?

I wonder when Rogue One will get one, for that matter. Maybe once we start getting some details, since set photos for that so far seem sparse.

Yeah, its a bit weird, we were getting inklings of news, and then it stopped. Probably just Disney tightening up in order to keep attention on TFA, which is why no teaser was released with it.

Well, this is going to be an exciting sequel, I just remembered that Benicio is in it too, dear god !

I wonder if Joseph Gordon Levitt will cameo in Rian's Star Wars film?
JGL has been in all of his movies and turned up at the Los Angles premier of TFA.

I would be surprised if he wasn't. I had a smile on my face when I saw Greg Grunberg in The Force Awakens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"