What Do/Don't You Want to See from Episode VIII? (TFA SPOILERS INSIDE)

You know what I want to see in VIII? I want to see a scene where Luke talks to the ghost of his dad. That's right, Mark Hamill in a scene with Hayden Christensen, two generations of Star Wars mains in one scene. I know it's in the rumor mill that Christensen is going to be in the film,but still, if it's between these two, why not have it?!

What could they talk about? Maybe Luke is dealing with something Anakin dealt with before, so he seeks advice from the guy himself. Makes sense, maybe something else.

I can't see a whole lot of people wanting that. Probably will never happen. McGregor got invited back because he was one of the few saving graces of the Prequels.

You know what I want to see in VIII? I want to see a scene where Luke talks to the ghost of his dad. That's right, Mark Hamill in a scene with Hayden Christensen, two generations of Star Wars mains in one scene. I know it's in the rumor mill that Christensen is going to be in the film,but still, if it's between these two, why not have it?!

What could they talk about? Maybe Luke is dealing with something Anakin dealt with before, so he seeks advice from the guy himself. Makes sense, maybe something else.

Most people would hate it if this happened, but I am very open to it.

I'm fine with him talking to Anakin, but not bringing back Christensen. Most PT actors were fine or good picks for their roles but gave bad performances for a number of factors and I'd be fine with them back, Hayden's one of the very few exceptions I never want to see appear again.

So you'd recast Anakin? Wouldn't that only make things more convoluted what with the whole Sebastian Shaw thing?

So you'd recast Anakin? Wouldn't that only make things more convoluted what with the whole Sebastian Shaw thing?

You can always recast with someone who looks a bit like Shaw, assuming they're using the original cuts as canon. If they decide to use the special edition versions as canon (with John Landis mentioning Lucas told him Kennedy's got people restoring the original original trilogy, I don't think this is likely), then recast with someone who looks at least somewhat like Christensen. As much as I do like visual continuity with this kind of thing, Hayden's acting isn't worth maintaining it if they use the SE, and Shaw obviously is no longer with it if they use the theatrical cuts.

Fair enough. I think it would be cool, but I don't see it happening.

I imagine that Luke would've gotten it from Obi-Wan's hut, because honestly where else would Luke get a crystal? I imagine that Palpatine and the Empire would want to control any caches. But why would Obi-Wan have a crystal? It seems likely to me that Obi-Wan would've kept Qui-Gon's lightsaber with him as a memento of his master and taken it with him when he went into hiding on Tatooine. And thus, it would've been passed on to Luke.

He can get a chrystal from pretty much anywhere. The old republic stood for a thousand years. Who knows how many Jedi carried these chrystals all over the galaxy.

For the sequel: No ghost appearances from old bygones. This movie felt full to the brink with old and new. I rather have a focus on the characters that are actually there.

I'd really like Rey to keep that staff and use it some more.

More originality then 'Force Awakens',
Cool action, not just Jedi vs. Sith but others as well,
A more menacing villain,
More Poe Damen,
Mandalorians,
More Luke

How big of a time gap do you think there will be between the events of TFA and the new film?

SW never seems to pick up right where the previous film left off. While it seems fairly obvious we won't get a HUGE gap like we did between TPM and AOTC, it's likely that some time will pass between the episodes. However, given how TFA ended, I'd actually like it to pick up right there so we can get some answers about Luke and his relationship with Rey, as well as what happened when Hux and Ren went to visit Snoke.

But I doubt that will happen, since SW always begins with a sequence explaining certain events that have occurred off camera. So my guess is that the film will pick up well after Ren, Hux and Snoke work out whatever their next move is and Rey will already be deep into her Jedi training. What do you think?

He can get a chrystal from pretty much anywhere. The old republic stood for a thousand years. Who knows how many Jedi carried these chrystals all over the galaxy.

It seems that the Jedi of the old Order got their crystals from caves on Ilum. Members of the New Jedi Order, however, seem to use whatever they can find.

You can always recast with someone who looks a bit like Shaw, assuming they're using the original cuts as canon. If they decide to use the special edition versions as canon (with John Landis mentioning Lucas told him Kennedy's got people restoring the original original trilogy, I don't think this is likely), then recast with someone who looks at least somewhat like Christensen. As much as I do like visual continuity with this kind of thing, Hayden's acting isn't worth maintaining it if they use the SE, and Shaw obviously is no longer with it if they use the theatrical cuts.

I think with better directing, Hayden could do it. If it's not him people will be confused. If not Hayden then just have Anakin come back as an enlightened Vader. Someone who rejects the darkside but accepts what he became.

I reckon maybe Hayden should look aged like Shaw and that's how Hayden should have looked at the end of Jedi. Maybe that would have been more acceptable rather than a young Anakin. That just looked out of place. Sorry George, you should have left Shaw.

Now with Rey, I'm starting to wonder once she trains in the ways of the Jedi that not only will she learn more about her past, maybe Rey wasn't the name she was born with either.

Anakin should look the way he looked at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith because that's the last time he lived aside from his short redemption at the end of Jedi.

I want Lando to return.

I would like this too. Or even a mention by Leia what happened to him after ROTJ. I think Lando and Chewie would make a good team.

I can't see a whole lot of people wanting that. Probably will never happen. McGregor got invited back because he was one of the few saving graces of the Prequels.

Well, the franchise is back in the good graces of the people again. I think there is more room for this sort of thing to be accepted, IF handled well.

I don't know, I could totally see Rian Johnson being the type of geek who would relish the opportunity to create these connections between the trilogies. He did mention on a podcast last year that he sees merit in the prequels.

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/f/b/3/fb3d60...1ce3dae902ea1d06cd873fd8ce54eddc&c_id=7461580

45:20

You know what I really wanna see, and it doesnt have to happen in the Episodes...but I want to see an all out battle with Siths and Jedi. Not like 1 or 2. I mean A LOT like in that KOTOR trailer
How big of a time gap do you think there will be between the events of TFA and the new film?

SW never seems to pick up right where the previous film left off. While it seems fairly obvious we won't get a HUGE gap like we did between TPM and AOTC, it's likely that some time will pass between the episodes. However, given how TFA ended, I'd actually like it to pick up right there so we can get some answers about Luke and his relationship with Rey, as well as what happened when Hux and Ren went to visit Snoke.

But I doubt that will happen, since SW always begins with a sequence explaining certain events that have occurred off camera. So my guess is that the film will pick up well after Ren, Hux and Snoke work out whatever their next move is and Rey will already be deep into her Jedi training. What do you think?

I think it'll be a 2 year time gap. No real explanation as to why that's just what i feel in my gut.

Thought, I agree with you that I want to see the direct fall out from the events of TFA.

If Hayden is in episode 8 i can see it being some sorta training vision similar to Luke's vision in empire since there was that rumour some time ago was that Hayden was being trained up for something so I could see it being some sorta glorified cameo fight with possibly kylo since he has that obsession of wanting to be darth vader after all

They won't recast Hayden though, it's up to the director to get the right performance

Last edited:
http://**************.net/2015/12/t...lker-was-proposed-to-be-in-the-force-awakens/

I think this very much indicates that there's a strong chance we'll see it in future movies.

With better direction, Hayden can do it. He would not be playing the petulant whiney version. He would be playing the spirit of someone older, who had lived through a lot, and probably still is trying to atone for his life in some way. The idea of him alternating between light and dark is quite fascinating.

If this is left in Rian Johnson's hands, I honestly believe he would give Hayden the role rather than recast. Especially if it's just a brief appearance.

Something else I'd like to see is a Joseph Gordon-Levitt cameo, since he's collaborated with Johnson frequently in the past, much like Simon Pegg and J.J.

http://**************.net/2015/12/t...lker-was-proposed-to-be-in-the-force-awakens/

I think this very much indicates that there's a strong chance we'll see it in future movies.,

With better direction, Hayden can do it. He would not be playing the petulant whiney version. He would be playing the spirit of someone older, who had lived through a lot, and probably still is trying to atone for his life in some way. The idea of him alternating between light and dark is quite fascinating.

That's intriguing and a little surprising the idea even came up

I assume because they gave it away in that book it may not be on the cards any longer

Last edited:
If they absolutely need to bring back Christensen, I'd prefer if it were just a voice role rather than a full on Force ghost, like Obi-Wan's voice at the end of ANH and in Yoda's hut.

If Hayden is in episode 8 i can see it being some sorta training vision similar to Luke's vision in empire since there was that rumour some time ago was that Hayden was being trained up for something so I could see it being some sorta glorified cameo fight with possibly kylo since he has that obsession of wanting to be darth vader after all

They won't recast Hayden though, it's up to the director to get the right performance

That would be pretty sweet, but I can't see them doing it for a few reasons. One being I think they want to build up the characters that we have. Luke didn't say a single word in this movie and was only on screen for a minute so he'll have a huge role in the next movie. Plus they need to build up everyone else, screen time for other new characters they're introducing, etc.

But more importantly, I doubt they'd want to show young Anakin when it was his older self who was acting as a ghost before. I think if they did do an older version with CGI it would look silly, and the voice wouldn't be right. People would nitpick it. As much as I'd love to see Yoda again I think they're moving on from it. The best we might get is little voice clips of them.

Finn and Poe off together developing their bromance ala Han & Leia in ESB.

Rey being trained by Luke ala the Dagobah stuff in ESB, while at the same time Ren is being trained by Snoke.

For now, Finn and Rey's relationship remains plutonic ala Luke and Leia (...for the most part), and Finn's new romantic interest is the fourth part of the group ala Lando.

Finn becoming a true resistance fighter but perhaps encountering similar issues as being a stormtrooper. Maybe his goal is to free stormtroopers instead of killing them all.

A greater sense of the universe's status quo. Is Starkiller base just a fragment of the First Order's arsenal, or did its destruction basically cripple them?

I want a unique sith power, perhaps an ancient one, to be behind Snoke's / First Order's next plan of attack. Perhaps something to do with indoctrination or something, considering Ren's mind-based powers.

Would also like to see a Jedi/Sith alliance in order to combat some greater uncontrollable force (Knights of Ren? Snoke?), either in this episode or the next.

Last edited:
I want to see Chewie man handle Kylo Ren.

I want to see Rey in traditional Jedi clothings.

I want to see how powerful Snoke really is, and hope he's as small as Yoda.

Rey being trained by Luke ala the Dagobah stuff in ESB, while at the same time Ren is being trained by Snoke.

It would be a cool contrast if they show both Jedi training and Sith training to show how Sith training is cruel compared to Jedi training…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"