General Gaming News

Yeah, it sucks. But, I do think Unity is a dead company walking. No one wants to risk them pulling that **** with the engine again.

Looks like Unity has to punish its workforce for the board killing the company.
A tale as old as time.
If only the rest of the employees could afford to quit out of solidarity...that would be so cool.
But thats a dream that will never come true.

As it is, people need to work for unity and weather the storm of the boards dumb decisions, hoping they will not do something dumb for a while.

Did they forget the part where they’re supposed to help their own members? :confused:

:nuhu:

Very worrying development. The union should be a lot more transparent with its members. It’s already a stressful time for voice actors without having to worry if their union is acting in their best interests.

Another of the many reminders you don't own digital, you only rent it until someone decides to remove it from your device.
This is why I buy DRM-free digital goods as much as possible. Games (GOG, itch.io), music (Bandcamp), comics (Humble Bundle)... Never had any issues regarding my stuff being removed from my computers and mobile devices. Funnily, I only see this happening on console or mobile space (or some other walled garden)... :hmm

In this case for Android users, they can always download the APK from a third-party store and simply re-install the game.

Who the eff wants to pay $18 a month ($216 a year) just to play Ubisoft games.

And you don’t have to look far for examples. Digital streaming has already broken many of its initial promises, offering customers an easier, cheaper, ad-free alternative to the days of cable boxes and movie rentals. The price of streaming has risen dramatically across the board, especially for folks who have multiple accounts to watch everything they want, and practically every streaming service save for Apple TV+ is pushing an ad-based streaming tier. The same kind of ‘en****tification’ could easily happen to game streaming, and it will come at a much faster clip than what happened with movies and TV.

Everything becoming subscription would be bad and costly for customers. We’ve known for a long time all the big companies have all had Netflix-envy.

Unfortunately for David like 99% of indie and PC games don’t have physical editions, you can pay a digital license per game. Even in the console space the huge budget games don’t have physical editions for all versions that appear in the various online stores.

Streaming has already been a money pit for the motion picture and television industries.

Last edited:
Who the eff wants to pay $18 a month ($216 a year) just to play Ubisoft games.

Everything becoming subscription would be bad and costly for customers. We’ve known for a long time all the big companies have all had Netflix-envy.

Unfortunately for David like 99% of indie and PC games don’t have physical editions, you can pay a digital license per game. Even in the console space the huge budget games don’t have physical editions for all versions that appear in the various online stores.

Streaming has already been a money pit for the motion picture and television industries.

Perhaps Ubisoft execs should get comfortable with customers not wanting Ubisoft games.

Perhaps Ubisoft execs should get comfortable with customers not wanting Ubisoft games.
There’s no way this thing can be a big success at that price for only Ubisoft games. It’s priced like Game Pass Ultimate with pc game pass and all Xbox studios, Activision Blizzard, Zenimax games day and date and EA’s back catalogue. I can see people subbing for a month or 2 to steam through all the Assassin’s Creeds and whatever else they’ve missed (including DLCs) and then unsubbing.

You can tell they know that they have IPs that will always sell...otherwise they wouldnt be as arrogant...but then, its ubisoft, arrogance is kind of their thing.

China issues draft rules for online game management

Their government panicked because they care more about money here than safety.

Riot Games is laying off 530 employees, or 11% of their workforce.
Again, so many in one go. That’s more layoffs than most studios have employees to start with. :csad: Tough times out there for devs at insecure studios. I wish them all the best.

And not the sexual harrassers at the top, I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"