General Gaming News

Riot Games is laying off 530 employees, or 11% of their workforce.
So, decisions were made by higher ups that lead to the necessarity of laying off 530 people...where is the Statement that says that at least one of the higher ups has to leave?
Considering their bad decisions even lead to this?

As usual, that is not happening.
As usual its employees that need to go while the ones who caused this step, will stick around and make millions.

I wish the worst on every higher up in any industry.
Greedy people that ruin everything and never face the consequences of their actions.

Jason Schreier, Bloomberg News: "These Xbox layoffs are such a mess that staff across Activision Blizzard are texting *me* to try to find out if they might be impacted. Nearly 2,000 job cuts and people now just have to wait around to see if they're part of the bloodbath"

:whatever:

Eraser Group

Eraser Group
Damn, I love Deus Ex. Wonder what's going to be left of all their studios in a couple of years. Surely they could sell them to a better home rather than closing them and raise money at the same time to finance the remaining ones.

Unless they step away from NFT, Blockchain, GAAS etc...its all unimportant.
I have little interest in SE titles and even less knowing their strategy is to embrace these kind of things...even AI "art" more.
So unless they go the opposite direction of that, no reform is good enough for me.

2K Games has laid off a group of developers at Lego 2K Drive and NBA 2K developer Visual Concepts Austin, adding to the onslaught of job cuts that has decimated the game industry and the lives of developers across 2023 and 2024

Well...the games industry bloodletting continues. Today Visual Concepts Austin laid off myself and a group of very talented developers. I have had a great time over the past couple of years working with some of the finest Game Devs in the industry. Over the past 23 years of making game art, I have seen some downturns but nothing like this.
If anyone is in need of someone with my "particular set of skills" please reach out.
I'll be hitting the virtual pavement hard as soon as I'm done crying in my beer. GG All

You know, people give Nintendo **** for its products, but at least their business practices are much better than others.

Does AI has something to do with these layoffs? I feel like gaming studios would rely more on AI to speed up game production and AI is probably cheaper than keeping all current employees.

Is anyone remotely surprised they were going to layoff hundreds to thousands of people? Consolidation always leads to people losing their jobs.
That's the thing, though. They promised that it wasn't going to happen and it did. Microsoft already came back with a response though that those layoffs were planned way in advance. Not that it makes it any better, in my opinion.

Does AI has something to do with these layoffs? I feel like gaming studios would rely more on AI to speed up game production and AI is probably cheaper than keeping all current employees.

No. This is essentially the beginning of the crash AAA gaming has been looking at for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"