Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 6

Something that wasn't seen in the movie.
IydrKcR.jpg

Does she use her head as the serving tray?

One thing I didn't understand. When the Death Star is fired Tarkin says "single reactor ignition". To my knowledge the Death Star has only one reactor. I know he was just setting the power to a lower level since the super laser was being used for the first time. But the Death Star has only one reactor so that line confuses me.

One thing I didn't understand. When the Death Star is fired Tarkin says "single reactor ignition". To my knowledge the Death Star has only one reactor. I know he was just setting the power to a lower level since the super laser was being used for the first time. But the Death Star has only one reactor so that line confuses me.

Well... I don't know like the full schematics but I do remember from JEDI that Akbar said "the main reactor". That indicates a system with perhaps more than one "reactor" I think. I could be wrong though.

I seriously hope we get those deleted/alternate scenes in the blu-ray

Red Letter Media at their finest. Head to youtube and watch their first Nerd Crew podcast about Rogue One.

Last edited:
The Nerds, Geeks, what have you...

Wow have we crossed the line into an insufferable hipster posture the last few years.

I stopped watching RLM (and every other internet commentator/blogger type) in about 2013, and I don't intend to start again now/ever.

edit

Last edited:

Well... I don't know like the full schematics but I do remember from JEDI that Akbar said "the main reactor". That indicates a system with perhaps more than one "reactor" I think. I could be wrong though.

You guys.... :lmao:

With "single reactor ignition" he obviously meant that they used one YouTube trailer reaction person to fuel the laser.

:lmao:

I enjoyed Rogue One, but I love the RLM guys. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Red Letter Media are the antidote to a lot the the overhype fan youtube channels. Collider and Screen Junkies the prime targets of their satire here. I love it.

Collider and Screen Junkies are more of a business with a million sponsors than anything. It's in their best interest to cater to the nerd crowd.

Collider and Screen Junkies are pretty fair and tell you when something isn't good. I don't consider them extreme fanboys. They're fans of genre films first and foremost but aren't blind to poor films. I do find RLM insufferable with their snarky negativity though.

Collider and Screen Junkies are pretty fair and tell you when something isn't good. I don't consider them extreme fanboys. They're fans of genre films first and foremost but aren't blind to poor films. I do find RLM insufferable with their snarky negativity though.
Agreed. Being critical and being a dick are two different things.

I will admit Collider and Screen Junkies are pretty fair in their assessments of films, it's just they all seem to fall head over heals in love with all the hype before that. They are catering to the nerd crowd. RLM are the counterpoint, they like these movies too, but they don't feel the need to apologise for their viewpoint. Collider and Screen junkies I feel tries to water down their opinions somewhat as to not ruffle feathers.

Is that it for the R1 hype discussion, sunk to reviewing of reviewer's reviews? Is that the signal to / thread and move on to the ep. VIII hype thread!?.:oldrazz:

How about that still alive Poe Dameron!
Honestly I have zero interest in who Snoke is, but Luke as recluse Jedi, I'll be there!
Since it'll likely be a shot for shot reshoot of ESB, my most anticipated scene:

Rey: I'm not afraid.
Crazy Luke: You will be.

Last edited:
Mysteryman said:
Any significant differences between the novelization and the finished product?
Is it worth picking up?
anything in the book that is not in the movie?

Haven't finished it, but nice breakdown here, - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MdLwBo3htE
Highlights several more details.
[YT]7MdLwBo3htE[/YT]

Last edited:

I like RLM's Half in the Bag series- although Rich Evans is insufferable. Honestly, the only time I can't stand RLM is anytime they bring up Star Wars.

For any Rebels fans who missed it, bottom left....

rogueone-chopper.jpg

I guess this means they survive Rebels & I think in another picture you see the Ghost parked with the other ships

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"