Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 6

Which brings my next question since the Ghost crew was around the Rebels did not think to ask two Jedi that they know about to go on a very important ground mission ?

LOL!

ROig6mq.jpg

Aww lol

Which brings my next question since the Ghost crew was around the Rebels did not think to ask two Jedi that they know about to go on a very important ground mission ?

Kanan and Ezra could've been gone/dead at this point in the story.

Kanan and Ezra could've been gone/dead at this point in the story.

In Rebels they are now gonna have to explain why they did not help in Rogue One & these are two Jedi that survived Vader & Maul they would have been a good help. No excuse not having two Jedi on that ground mission

The Jedi were not needed.
The mission was a complete success.

In Rebels they are now gonna have to explain why they did not help in Rogue One & these are two Jedi that survived Vader & Maul they would have been a good help. No excuse not having two Jedi on that ground mission

Don't watch Rebels, and this is likely why, but aren't the Jedi supposed to be "extinct" at this point? "...Their fire gone out of the universe".
Temples and memory in ruins ...the struggle of the Rebellion going it alone, until Obi-Wan brings in Luke.
Making Luke the "new hope" of A New Hope.
If there is still a bunch of Jedi around, doesn't it pretty much crap all over that.

I guess they can die in a parallel battle to R1, but how close are they cutting this, they should already be dead by the time R1 ends.

Last edited:
Don't watch Rebels, and this is likely why, but aren't the Jedi supposed to be "extinct" at this point? "...Their fire gone out of the universe".
Temples and memory in ruins ...the struggle of the Rebellion going it alone, until Obi-Wan brings in Luke.
Making Luke the "new hope" of A New Hope.
If there is still a bunch of Jedi around, doesn't it pretty much crap all over that.

I guess they can die in a parallel battle to R1, but how close are they cutting this, they should already be dead by the time R1 ends.

At least the two Jedi should be dead or one goes Dark Side & one dies either way they gotta be out of the picture before the events of Rogue One

There is a lot that could've happened. I also get the impression it was just Cassian's fellow intelligence/spy/wet works group that volunteered, that had seen the ugly part of the Rebellion. I doubt the Ghost crew knew what was happening.

I think the answer there is simple: Just because *a* Ghost crew member is alive, and the ship itself is intact, doesn't mean they *all* are.

Or: Kanan and Ezra are super dead. Kanan especially probably died doing something like "Killing all of the Emperor's dark side disciples, again", but he's totally dead.

There is also the question of since the Rebels work using a cell structure how much do the rank and file troops know about members of other cells. With a cell structure it should mean that different groups don't know much about other groups to minimise the potential damage if a cell was to be caught and interrogated. We know that the leaders of the Rebel Alliance know about Ezra and Kanan but outside of that we don't really know who knows what.

The Ghost team aren't part of the Dodonna group we see on Yavin in Rogue One and ANH so the level of interaction might be minimal outside of Hera (who is there as a high ranking Rebel), we don't even know what other members of the Ghost crew were there, if Hera was only there to have a normal meeting and wasn't expecting to end up in a battle then the full crew might not have come with her.

With the Cell structure is easy enough to explain that the Yavin forces tend to operate in a different sector and as such have never had any interaction with Kanan and Ezra in the field (of course it might be that Cassian might appear in an episode of Rebels yet).

Also in the film even if they knew about Kanan and Ezra they might have felt that that they did not have time to wait around while they got more members. The mission had already been denied by the Rebel Council so the longer they waited the more chance of someone finding out that they were going on the mission against orders and try to shut them down.

Golden-Globe-Winner-Damien-Chazelle.jpg

Damien Chazelle celabrates with Felicity Jones and Diego Luna for best screenplay , director, Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy award for “La La Land”.

Should Rogue One have been a musical! .

Last edited:
iLVSCjO.jpg

This is actually homemade SW cosplay... From 1977!

I know I am crazy late but I finally went and saw this movie. LOVED IT. Far more surprises than I thought it would have. Love the way it ties together with A New Hope and honors it. Pure awesomeness. And Vader. Darth ****ing Vader. Enough said.

:applaud

Last edited:
Do we have ANY clue yet on when the Bluray's due out? lmao

The rumours seem to indicate around the end of March/start of April but there has been no official notice.

The rumours seem to indicate around the end of March/start of April but there has been no official notice.

Thats right around my birthday..well ok like a month before but close enough! i know what im getting!!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story coming out on 4-4-2017. http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/022017-1600#.WKubkXpbkPI.facebook

First up, new signals from retail sources (including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and others) are suggesting that Disney and Lucasfilm are planning to release Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and DVD on 4/4, instead of the date previously listed by retailers which was 3/28. Until this weekend, Best Buy was taking pre-orders with no date listed, but that’s now been pulled, suggesting that an official announcement may be coming any day. Stay tuned for official details.

Hopefully the UK release is announced soon. I think The Force Awakens was two or three weeks behind the US date.

Also looking forward to a decent 'Making Of', but I'm not holding my breathe on anything over an hour or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"